Why arent the unarmored mounts going to be available in vanilla. I am outraged....:(

Ive been reading numerous threads about the unarmored mounts not being in vanilla. Why?! Everyone is going to rush towards 60 whether the mount is in the game, or not. It doesn’t break immersion (if anything it adds to it). I myself wanted one to work towards as Im not a hardcore raider/pvp’er, and lets be honest the armored versions don’t look near as cool as the unarmored ones. Rant over~~~

24 Likes

For no reason whatsoever. Their excuse is because players will rush to 60 to get it… lol. 4 months is considered rushing? Or maybe they expect players to level 60 on every race and class in that time just to get the unarmored mount. I don’t know what they are thinking, but a far better solution is to make them permanent if they are afraid people will rush the content for it (which makes no sense btw).

Also, write in the megathread: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/unarmored-mounts-megathread/173722/46

And report the unarmored mounts not being in as a bug in the beta if you are in so that the devs can take notice.

8 Likes

Such a horrible and not unvanilla like change being over looked by noobs. This needs to be changed … NOW.

7 Likes

Them removing them really is a huge blow to anyone who isn’t doing competitive raiding or pvp.

I wonder if they realize they’re taking content out of the game by trying to dictate how quickly people should level. It’s not just about leveling or making money; earning rep for other factions while leveling adds so much fun and adventure to the experience.

9 Likes

the reasoning for them not giving us these mounts is so cringe and ridiculous. I’m starting to think no one currently at blizzard played this game in 04-05.

6 Likes

I don’t know, if we’re picking up at 1.12 I don’t see the point of including unarmored mounts. They were gone long before that. What made them special before was people really didn’t know the difference or that they would eventually be gone. Now everyone would get them, so the rare/special factor is gone.

I can see people’s point, if they just like the appearance. I don’t think they are trying to stop people from rushing to 60, they just don’t want to incentivize rushing,… yeah, I don’t agree with that reasoning. They could just say, “They were gone long before 1.12” and I would accept that as a logical reason…

6 Likes

Yeah using the patch would be a better excuse, but even then they are giving us progressive content which begs the question, what makes the mounts different? They’re meaningful content for people who aren’t into raiding or pvp.

5 Likes

Eh… I used to think they were really special mounts. They won’t be if they add them this time around.

4 Likes

PvP ranks, old naxx gear, scarab lord – the game is full of special things people have a second chance at getting in classic.

5 Likes

Yes but the rank system, tier items, and opening AQ are integral parts of the game play.

An unarmored Mount is a cosmetic item. It’s not game breaking to exclude them.

3 Likes

you realize the comestic items are a huge reason people do most content right?? if the items in raids look dumb less people do raids… cosmetics are HUGE in this game.

4 Likes

Probably the same reason Captain Placeholder isn’t available.

What makes that a valid reason to leave them out unless we’re going with a policy to remove everything that isn’t game-breaking? The mounts certainly are more integral to my gameplay.

1 Like

You’re going to be super sad when you hit 60 then…

2 Likes

Yes lol. I don’t visit the forums for my health. And the rep journey for a mount starts at lvl1 so I’ll be sad way before hitting 60.

1 Like

This isn’t vanilla.

What they are giving you guys is anything but vanilla, aka classic.

4 Likes

come on. we all know why they were left out while the frost saber trainer was left in. unarmored mounts are considered rare by wow standards these days. so you either 1] have to put in a LOT of time and effort for one/grind/rare drop or 2] mhm, thats right. you have to pay for it.

you know those mounts will pop back up later and you know exactly where they will pop up.

1 Like

Here’s the thing. Mounts could be traded or sold. They were bind on use. This isn’t 2005, people will stockpile them, and sell them for ridiculous amounts once removed. If they added them, with no removal, then whatever. Having them as a temporary item will encourage gold buying, hoarding, account selling, scamming, and other underhanded practices.

3 Likes

Make them bind on purchase then? Problem solved? This isn’t 140 IQ math school.

6 Likes

You didn’t read any other point, did you?

You literally didn’t solve but one of several issues with that concept. What about the others?

2 Likes