Why are you allowing GDKP in SoD?

Update to my gdkp.

Solace dropped!

Prayge for DV!

No DV, yall aint prayge

I think the amount of people that buy gold is drastically inflated on the forums

most people don’t trust sketchy websites with their credit cards. The prices are high because with questing giving 1.5g at level 25, everyone is kinda loaded.

50g Isn’t that much if you have 2 characters doing quests.

not everything is RMT and bots my man, sometimes its just the game

Are you gaslighting all of us off of your Freudian slip rn?

1 Like

That’s reserved for ziago.

Ran a GDKP on one of my alts lastnight. Was a nice little payout to the group.

Haters gonna hate. Feels good to be rewarded with currency for continuing to run the content after being fully geared, or being able to secure that last piece you need with your own hard earned gold rather than leaving it up to RNG rolls.

4 Likes

I agree with you, but the best way to combat it is to not join.

I don’t know who would do it, I have pugged every BFD I have gone into and gone 7/7 each time.

With it resetting twice per week if you don’t get what you want just go again.

I’m on a full server. I’ve seen maybe 1 ad for a GDKP before it got lost in the spam in LFG chat.

I think RMT will always exist as people feel the need to play catch up on all their alts etc. Yes, GDKP makes this 10 times worse.

However, my issue with GDKP is how it makes the game less guild centric. It’s just my opinion, but one of what made the Vanilla/TBC paradigm great was that in order to get things done easier, you needed a guild.

You needed to interact with people. Signing up for a GDKP and just standing there getting carried, then logging off, meh.

In general pugging raids is a lot more common in classic than it was back in the day.

Turns out when everyone knows the content having a guild isn’t as important unless you really want to push progression.

2 Likes

Imagine bragging about killing a bot! :rofl:

He wasn’t a bot, he was prolly just a Grobb player.

Why on earth would you create a new version of a Classic game that’s been around a long time to revitalize and use some of the lesser used content in the game- to just have it turn around and be no different than current classic or Wotlk Classic? How could what you’re implying even be close to the design concept?

Why would you ret rid of the best pug loot system?

Did you think that would go away cuz this is SOD?

1 Like

Still doing gdkps.

:sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses::sunglasses:

1 Like

I mean I get it you’re a troll and I could buy your GDKP out 10 times over. I’m glad you find one of the detested parts of the game so near and dear to you- That doesn’t make it a good design choice. As much as you like to prattle on.

I really think its a shame we don’t see more use of underutilized systems and vast larger changes to this game mode- Otherwise it just becomes classic with Runes- I hope with the change of leadership- and perhaps more new eyes on this sorta thing as well as the forum responses we see differences from established 20 year game design points.

1 Like

This was never classic+

You all were just on copium.

Anyway be back later got another gdkp to go to.

“I don’t have enough time to raid log and lose loot rolls for these raids”

Mostly likely also has the problem of:

“I dont have enough time to farm gold”

Which leads to:

“I’ll just buy gold””

Which leads to:

“I’ll just use my gold to buy my loot”

Which leads to:

“I’ll do a GDKP using the gold i purchased to buy the loot I don’t have time to play”

Which leads to:

“I don’t have anymore gold for my second GDKP to get more gear I don’t have enough time to get, and I still don’t have time to farm gold”

Which leads us back to:

“I’ll just buy more gold to run more GDKPs”

That’s why GDKPs are a problem, and that’s why goldsellers love them. It’s a culture that needs to be buried. It ruined classic-wrath, and it will ruin SoD if the sweaties don’t first.

5 Likes
  1. Haters gonna hate on a system that encourages gold buying, you’re right.
  2. Gear drops are meant to be RNG rolls.
  3. “Hard earned gold” is often coming from someone’s hard earned credit card

Or.

Blizzard can finally crack down on the potentially multimillion dollar RMT industry.

But yall don’t like that option for some reason. Wonder why.

Then where is this anger and vitriol towards the AH, vanity items, expensive crafting materials and more.

I know where, nonexistent because it isn’t about hating on a system that “encourages gold buying”, you just don’t like gdkps because all the good players left your trash can raiders behind for gdkps.

Yeah that’s why master looter has existed since day one. Literally 0 rolling from the game, and only used if the person with ML allows it to be a roll. It’s almost like you people don’t even play.

How to spot a bad player instantly. They think gold is hard to come by in wow.

Anti gdkp threads really do show how many bad players there still are in this game. It’s been 20 years and you people still suck lmao

1 Like

lol what? Are you ok?? When has anyone ever not wanted Blizzard to do that lol.

Where is it? tell me. Because I thought this thread what about raids and GDKPs. Raiding being a core pillar of the game, not you obsession with the green santa hats.

The dude was talking about RNG in rolls. ML aside you troll.

I didn’t realize the actual representative for toxic classic community was in the chat. Now, can you tell me how sweaty and better you think you are when you swipe that sick piece of plastic?