Why are they not continuing with the flight whistle?

Oh this hurts. I am hoping they add it back in a patch a few months in at least. Revendreth is painful to traverse on the ground (and yes, it was specifically designed to be).

:cookie:

2 Likes

With the systems they implement it does make one wonderā€¦

/e rips up bingo card

3 Likes

Anything to extend that ā€œtime playedā€ metricā€¦

3 Likes

They donā€™t even have a character at 120 and their achievements are practically non-existent. Iā€™d argue that they donā€™t really play the game so they donā€™t honestly know what itā€™s currently like.

You can have fun playing something and still not like parts of it. When the parts I donā€™t enjoy outweigh the parts I do, then it ceases to be fun for me. Criticism of something means that you still care enough to speak up.

7 Likes

Time is money friend.
Blizzard likes to make ppl waste time.

3 Likes

Beta testers?

2 Likes

you shoulda dropped that mic!

2 Likes

Time played metrics: they are a thing

3 Likes

The Flight Masters were feeling overwhelmed. Not only were they supposed to send their Gryphons to the right place, following the right path, in good time, but their Gryphons kept leaving to respond to whistles that only they could hear. It was too much to ask of these people who are just trying to make a living (or unliving).

3 Likes

Iā€™m from the school of thought ā€œwhy remove it?ā€ But with that said, it wonā€™t affect my enjoyment.

1 Like

I wonder whatā€™s gonna happen with the Flight Master Whistle for Legion/BFA now. :thinking:

Honestly, i hope they turn it into a toy.

So much this. :point_up:

3 Likes

Why am I not surprised. The whistle made the year long hell of waiting for flight just a bit more tolerable. Iā€™m really starting to wonder if the devs are just doing stuff to be spiteful and not because it makes sense.

16 Likes

On the bright side, thereā€™s a covenant-specific transport network for that covenantā€™s zone. On the down side, it takes about a month of dailies/weeklies to unlock it.

2 Likes

I have actually suspected that for some time now. They have a picture in their mind of the game they want us to play and when the players rebel they become upset and play ā€œcorrupt a wishā€ with us.

:cookie:

8 Likes

Itā€™s incredibly dumb that we arenā€™t getting a flight whistle.

1 Like

im more worried about what the next bull**** pathfinder grind is going to be

7 Likes

Because the more time spent getting to your content the less content you actually need to have.

10 Likes

So glad I didnā€™t preorder.

8 Likes

Is there a source for this?

Thereā€™s no flight whistle replacement or upgrade on beta. Itā€™s entirely possible that one will be added in the next 2 months, butā€¦