Why are they not continuing with the flight whistle?

I actually like it. I use it even though I have flying in legion and bfa. :frowning:

32 Likes

Because WoW is not supposed to be fun. This isn’t a game. This is real life. We should have to travel by feet or mount.

The same dev that made corruption is the one that suggested removing the flight whistle.

79 Likes

Because you must endure this |-----| much pain to play the game.

Where are you seeing about the flight whistle?

10 Likes

Just another way of stretching out content takes you longer to get around.

39 Likes

Wait, there’s no flight whistle in SL!? :rage::rage::rage::rage:

38 Likes

Welcome to the two steps forward one point nine steps back game play. GO WOW DEVS.

32 Likes

People still belive “time played metrics” is a fake conspiracy

although for some twisted reason i like this removal. More travelling, less teleporting

6 Likes

Do you really believe that people think time played metrics isn’t real? If so, these same people probably believe that 5g causes illness and that there is a secret bunker under the ice in Antarctica where a certain WW2 country’s leader still resides to this day.

6 Likes

Shadowlands title screen music leaked.

24 Likes

Time played metrics.

They are in desperation mode now.

:100: :+1:

24 Likes

It makes me wonder how small the maps really are if we can’t even have a whistle anymore

I mean even for other maps that weren’t the biggest like Argus for example. As it was split into three different zones you could still “flute” out

I hope this isn’t legitimate.

11 Likes

This is probably the main driver. They just don’t build large open world maps anymore. Just small hyper decorated linear paths tied into a knot.

It’s no longer a living breathing world that defines the quests and the story. It’s the quests and the story defining a linear movie set that you pass through.

29 Likes

Honestly, I wish we got a BoA flight whistle for leveling too considering we can now level anywhere in SL. I would love that.

12 Likes

Because time=content. The more time you spend doing dumb stuff like running on a mount trying to find a rare, the more content it is.

8 Likes

To be fair there is a lot of flight paths in each zone.

it’s literally the only thing that made it playable while not having flight the last few expansions.

but I’m fine with no flight whistle as long as there is no flight.

1 Like

It is because it was fun to use and it saves time!

1 Like

Think that’s a problem as well, there is no longer any sense of traveling far away and exploring unknown, dangerous and distant lands. everything is 11.5642 pulls from a flight path.

4 Likes

Not true in systemland zones.

4 Likes

That’s actually a pretty good observation.

When I think of all the old maps. (EK and Kali) Yes those maps do seem bigger in a sense and definitely not as compact. Still the flightpaths were definitely spread out and not as many.

1 Like