Why are they not continuing with the flight whistle?

AOE cap is terrible, its a good way to lose freedom of class abilities. You’ll come to see why its bad and how subs suddenly dip when the gameplay is terrible and they say “were listening to you” and revert it.

I’ve seen some talk about it.

For me it’s more of a QoL thing. :man_shrugging:

I played the game with an aoe cap for longer than without /shrug, aoe caps were a thing until around legion. (granted in mop they made them like 20 mobs)

Yesuna , Ralph ,Clark the list goes on

2 Likes

Absolutely, I do.

No it’ll be more like .

We’ve removed flightpaths so that players will be able to save up for the new over priced vendor , repair, transmog ,ah and gender change mount that we are adding at the start of the expansion and will be removing when the pre patch of the following expansion comes out.

I just have to ask… how? We have like 148 slots on our person and so many more in the bank.

Damn it, I though they were gonna add whistle to all zones… they went the wrong way.

1 Like

My bank is largely full of 15+ years of keepsakes, many of which are no longer available, and none of which can go in void storage.

And for the love of god, Blizzard needs to make potions stack to 200.

1 Like

I can agree on that. Not for bag space purposes, but for trading/mailing.

And SL it’s potions, oils, flasks, food AND armor kits if you’re a tank haha. (currently oils do stack to 50)

Ugh, I wish people would stop calling it a whistle. It’s a rip off of the flute. Ya know, the flute. I been calling it a flute for years.

Yes exploration of nooks and crannies is definitely fun stuff. One of the reasons I enjoyed Felwood the first time going through it is was this area named Jaedenar with this underground cave that extended a lot more further then I thought it would.

This wasn’t coasting either, (no heirlooms, whatever the case yet.) Still I took the time out and tried my hardest to survive to see what could possibly at the end of this cave, all the while being like I hope it’s not respawning… It’s just one of those nostalgic fun moments for me in this game.

They did that in numerous zones in different expansions too, not just Classic.

I think they try and make little easter eggs in some of the zones still, but ya doesn’t have that deep exploration type of feel. Everything is pretty much just right around the corner now.

I would use the word compact, but yes cramped would suffice.

Sometimes they try and add the exploration feel with certain rewards still. The odd toy (Gem of Acquiescence) ,mount (Long lost forgotten hippogryph) etc. To try and satisfy that for us I suppose. Still I understand where you are coming from…cause those nooks are so crammed into everything else, it’s hard to see and would not know they were there anyways. Compared to vast terrain and what did I stumble on.

Since when did wow have an aoe cap? It felt x100 better without it.

Where did they say the flight whistles gone??

From tbc through to legion

It varied but off the top of my head both swipe and thunderclap were capped at like 4, it’s why paladins were the go to tank for aoe content.

Blizzard was capped at like 10, AE at like 8 or 10, there was a lot of caps. In mop or wod they increased almost everything to like 20 though.

I do prefer damage caps over target caps though, Wrath had that kind of cap. There was a maximum amount of damage an ability to could do so whether you hit 10 targets or 100 targets the max dmg was the same.

Systemlands is the last ditch effort to make WoW 2 by removing the great things of core WoW.

Fast, fun and fluid classes combat? Nope
Big, immersive worlds? Nope

etc, etc, etc. :100:

3 Likes

I’ve been getting Loremaster in BC and WotLK the past couple of weeks. The difference in zone design then and now just makes me want to cry.

The mountains in Kul Tiras and Zandalar might be a prettier backdrop, but the mountains of Northrend are just…magnificent.

2 Likes

I know people didn’t like Borean Tundra but Howling Fjord is a favorite of mine. It is a simple terraced design but it works with the proper questing and story flow.

1 Like

That’s just a lot of nostalgia talking honestly, and the fact that BfA is so crap that it spoils even the amazing art teams job.

Wrath is full of wide open space with nothing there

That is what makes Dragonblight so great.

You have to look up to appreciate that zone or even to the distant horizon. :100:

1 Like

Nothing will ever be as disconnected as Cata zones honestly, you didn’t even feel like they were in the same expansion.