Why are the Sethrak not joining the Horde?

Eh. Snakes are just my favourite animal. But we’ve already loosely discussed I’m not a salty Sethrak fan. I’m just a fanatical, snake obsessed Sethrak fan. :wink: And while I do like Vulpera, I prefer Sethrak.

I also think Kelfin would make a swell addition to the Horde.

Agreed as well.

4 Likes

1 Like

Anything Alliance get doesn’t necessarily have to come from Battle, but if it did, the ankoan have neither reappeared since their introduction nor fully told their story yet.

Blademaster Okani, when talked to after completing the quest, “A Way Home,” says, “Our story is one of sadness. Perhaps it is better to save it for later, after you and your companions have recovered from your own loss.”

Even when you reach exalted or finish the raid, that dialog remains the same. Either Blizzard just forgot to add anything more, or it’s a story we’ll hear later.

Otherwise, a faction of friendly mogu have appeared. With all the races the Alliance has that have connections to the titans, mogu wouldn’t be terribly out of place. There’s also the jinyu from Mists, or the oft-suggested furbolgs.

If it has to be something based off the Forsaken rigging, well, I’m feeling pretty clueless there.

1 Like

Nasty snakes. Well, maybe. Rattlesnake properly skinned and roasted over hot coals is pretty good.

Jinyus’s ugly toothy version?
Of course, we will have the cod people. :roll_eyes:
Honestly, I never paid any attention to them as they managed to be just something made for reputation grind.
They are just a Jinyu with aspirations to be edge.

Yes, it would be something as forced as purple blood elves but after all the alliance has had, I think that another disappointment is the best that the alliance can hope for. :unamused:

Forget these. They would require an effort that is much more applied to the horde.

Perhaps Blizzard will invent a race of humans with big ears, as compromises.

I love snakes. :disappointed: I want Sethrak made playable.

That being said I’ll try anything once when it comes to food. As long as the snake didn’t suffer.

2 Likes

The Horde isn’t an ultra violent fanactical territorial group. Your confusing the modern Horde with the Warcraft 1/2 Horde where it was just orcs juiced up on demon blood.

Also if sethrak were to become a playable race it wouldn’t be the faithless ones. Devs would use the regular sethrak. Horde already got Vulpera from Voldun so no need for sethrak. I’d love to see sethrak as an allied race but probably won’t happen.

We already have these. They’re called Elves. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The sad thing for the alliance was not getting junkgnomes, but that there will never be a sethrak or anything with the same potential or charm, made for the alliance because junkgnomes, kultiras and purple blood elves are the most we will have in this life.

Would vulperas or sethraks change the alliance’s feeling of disrepute? Yes.
Would this fix the inbalance between the factions?
I don’t believe this but it would be a boost for those who are still looking for reasons to be here. And honestly, what we receive more justifies leaving than encourages us to stay here.

This also reduces the sense of value of the existence of the alliance, because what I have seen most are people suggesting removing barriers between the factions so that the person can play with the horde even if they are with alliance races.

And honestly, I already feel like giving up on countering this idea, because really, even Blizzard doesn’t want to do anything so that the alliance has value for something of its own, without copying blood elves from the horde.
Nor does the alliance want to play with the alliance, as things stand.

Have Mercy

Spoken like a true ignorant alliance player.

1 Like

Why are you with those nutters anyway?

Humans are pretty whack too. :woman_shrugging:

Because Horde got Vulpera. If they got Sephrak too and Alliance gets some weird mecha-human AR… :persevere:

Vorrik basically said that Korthek killed them off as a race. Their numbers are dwindling at best.

Because we got furry vulpera instead of cool snake people.

Vulpera should have been a neutral race like pandaran and Sathrak should have gone Horde. I would have given Tortolans to the Alliance to compensate.

I took that line as Vorrik lamenting that his people are dead culturally because of Korthek’s venomous ideology. At the time he said that, their loa was still dead and Mythrax was let loose, and Korthek had just finished bragging that he never forced anyone to join him, that their people are conquerers.

Mythrax has since been defeated and Sethraliss reborn, so I wonder if Vorrik still holds that view?

Emeni in Shadowlands had hundreds of siblings to slaughter, I kind of doubt the sethrak are facing an extinction event.

2 Likes

Mostly because they are dealing with a little thing called a civil war. Let them get their stuff worked out first.

And it shouldn’t be that far from the truth.

I think Blizzard can make “trolling/compromises and placebos” without help.

Tortollan are decidedly neutral and have closer ties with the Zandalari than anyone, but they mostly just seem to do their own thing. I don’t really see them joining either faction, same as tuskarr.

He didn’t mean that Sethrak face extinction. He meant they’re dead as a people. They’ve lost their way, their history, their culture, morals and perhaps what it really means to be a Sethrak.

And maybe a little of Vorrik having to kill members of his own race to put a stop to Korthek’s tyranny.

3 Likes