Why are the Sethrak not joining the Horde?

While I am in favor of any way to add Sethrak be it Horde or Alliance, I’d kinda prefer them going Alliance.

Been thinking the remaining Faithless could run to the Alliance. Bring us a bit of loa stuff…

Again though, sethrak in the Horde is all good with me. Long as I get my snake.

2 Likes

Because then blizzard would need to invent some other type of gnome/colored blood elf/human with some exaggerated body part to promote more debauchery in the alliance.

What would be chosen for the alliance?
Considering the very little that the alliance had in BfA, certainly, something that had the look of hoggoblins, pygmies.

Of course, it would be very good to have sethraks in the horde, as it would be a waste of a race with a unique history and aesthetics, which add more diversity and interests to the faction to be abandoned. More flavor.

Unlucky that the alliance received only things that promote mockery for the faction, but what can we do?

Have Mercy

Vulpera and goblins share the same skeleton.

Soooo hows this explain Vulperia?

1 Like

Who is left for AR’s to be made off Worgen and Undead is all that is left right?

Not sure we will get any more after those, if we even get those :slight_smile:

Radials is the big reason I see as make them for all races has to be a challenge to not repeat.

I could see something like customization options open up for existing races that could then flush out more class combos.

EG. Wildhammer face paint and scars and they are allow to be Druids thus allowing Dwarfs to be Druids.

well… it turns out that my assumption was incorrect. I am not the first to think the Sethrak have way too much implied story in BFA to be a ‘bit player’.

There is a mega thread previously listed Unofficial Sethrak Discussion Thread 🐍
Best to toss any speculation there. It seems I have been beaten to the line!

But I will reaffirm, Sethrak are Horde.
/end

2 Likes

The shared rig.

They actively warred against us and our ally (Zandalari Empire). They are an enemy of the Horde. You can come to Voldun and kill some though. You’ll just have to deal with the Horde trying to kill you too.

A shared rig is not the same thing as a race, if that were the case Worgen and Trolls would be the same thing

This. And if anything, they should have gone to alliance and they could have fixed the faction imbalance in part this way…or maybe made it worse?

Another reason horde should have gotten sethrak- better lore. Better lore than mechagnomes, way better “lore” than vulnerable (lolwhatlore)

I’d be cool with that

1 Like

BREAKING NEWS:
Karat bans all rogues from the Horde! Lilian Voss outraged! More at 11.

4 Likes

Like vulpera?

Nah, scaley races are just cool.

I agree, give sethrak to the Alliance.

4 Likes

Eh. Snakes are just my favourite animal. But we’ve already loosely discussed I’m not a salty Sethrak fan. I’m just a fanatical, snake obsessed Sethrak fan. :wink: And while I do like Vulpera, I prefer Sethrak.

I also think Kelfin would make a swell addition to the Horde.

Agreed as well.

4 Likes

1 Like

Anything Alliance get doesn’t necessarily have to come from Battle, but if it did, the ankoan have neither reappeared since their introduction nor fully told their story yet.

Blademaster Okani, when talked to after completing the quest, “A Way Home,” says, “Our story is one of sadness. Perhaps it is better to save it for later, after you and your companions have recovered from your own loss.”

Even when you reach exalted or finish the raid, that dialog remains the same. Either Blizzard just forgot to add anything more, or it’s a story we’ll hear later.

Otherwise, a faction of friendly mogu have appeared. With all the races the Alliance has that have connections to the titans, mogu wouldn’t be terribly out of place. There’s also the jinyu from Mists, or the oft-suggested furbolgs.

If it has to be something based off the Forsaken rigging, well, I’m feeling pretty clueless there.

1 Like

Nasty snakes. Well, maybe. Rattlesnake properly skinned and roasted over hot coals is pretty good.

Jinyus’s ugly toothy version?
Of course, we will have the cod people. :roll_eyes:
Honestly, I never paid any attention to them as they managed to be just something made for reputation grind.
They are just a Jinyu with aspirations to be edge.

Yes, it would be something as forced as purple blood elves but after all the alliance has had, I think that another disappointment is the best that the alliance can hope for. :unamused:

Forget these. They would require an effort that is much more applied to the horde.

Perhaps Blizzard will invent a race of humans with big ears, as compromises.

I love snakes. :disappointed: I want Sethrak made playable.

That being said I’ll try anything once when it comes to food. As long as the snake didn’t suffer.

2 Likes

The Horde isn’t an ultra violent fanactical territorial group. Your confusing the modern Horde with the Warcraft 1/2 Horde where it was just orcs juiced up on demon blood.

Also if sethrak were to become a playable race it wouldn’t be the faithless ones. Devs would use the regular sethrak. Horde already got Vulpera from Voldun so no need for sethrak. I’d love to see sethrak as an allied race but probably won’t happen.