Why are Sylvanas haters so jealous?

i don’t like him because he’s a mary sue.

2 Likes

Please explain (not what is a mary sue, why he’s one in your eyes)

2 Likes

Now chronicle stories had become cannon, where the lore will change to suit the writers style.

1 Like

Anduin is far from being a mary sue.

A boy had grown into a King of Stormwind trying his best to be the King of the Alliance.

I would think he is very far from being called or referred to as a Mary Sue.

3 Likes

I’m a big fan of Sylvanas although I prefer Male protagonists.

This pretty much sums up the situation. Sylvanas is the perfect example of how the current writers follow their own skewed head cannon, running afoul of established cannon, and performing miraculous mental gymnastics and retconning to hammer it into place.

5 Likes

Well, we each have our opinion, likes and dislikes.

I have both Horde and Alliance characters, my original is a Draenei Shammie, so I have dealt with Anduin.

I prefer robust and tragic characters in stories like Varian. I actually liked playing my Alliance characters knowing he was king and tolerated Anduin. Now I cannot stand the Alliance because of him and pretty much everything else…

That being said, I also dislike the Horde too with whatever garbage they left it with. I think this is what a part of the people out there, like me, are so outraged about.

Fairly lame b8, m8.

2/10

From Urban Dictionary:
A Mary Sue is a character who is so perfect that he or she warps the world around them to display their perfection. It seems as though nothing in this universe except Mary Sue is even real, and is instead a plot device to make Mary Sue seem flawless and loved.

Pretty much everything about Anduin we’ve seen since Cataclysm has been him being a naive dreamer who hopes for peace between two warring peoples, and thinks that the Light will help everyone. His only flaw, if you call it that, is that he cares too much for peace. And everyone is either his friend or admires him, except for a few key members of the Horde, and Tyrande.

He just needs some kind of showy power, like being able to mass rez an army in the middle of battle… oh, wait.

4 Likes

I think most people are just annoyed by his lack of action and seemingly weak leadership.

Jaina’s closer to a sue than he is, really rides that line. Sylvanas embodies everything wrong with the current writing.

2 Likes

Yet, here you are offering your own critique. Let’s see your writing. According to your own logic, no one should accept your critique as legitimate.

Or…she saw the Maw?

1 Like

I can direct you to my Amazon page where you can buy my books, if you like. I’ll happily give my critique of the writing in BFA if you do.

Omg this. Especially her little hissy fit she threw with the night elf and emotionally deciding to burn the tree. Now all of a sudden she planned it all along because she’s so smart. If she just wanted to do it the whole time, she could’ve even killed Malfurion to feed his soul to the Maw instead of going through all the Saurfang drama and explaining her plan of occupying the tree. I call last minute retcon BS.

3 Likes

Whoopsie, misread what I was replying to.

Example of bad writing.
“My character needs to kill everyone to further the plot”

yet

Has 2 big bads (Malfurion and Bolvar) on the ropes and almost dead but “not worth my trouble to kill them off. I’ll just have someone else do it or not follow through. I can kill them later”.

1 Like

Introducing a massive power-up with no foreshadowing, borderline plagiarizing a prior chapter from a different (and better) writer…

Please do. Honestly, I love discovering new talent so that would be greatly appreciated.

However, it sounds like you may have had a book or two reviewed badly with your arrogant “all critiques are bad unless they are written by published writers” opening statement.

I won’t bother mentioning how easy it is to get a book published online for Amazon these days as I know multiple people who’ve done it. I have not made an attempt, so I guess none of this matters to you anyway. I do work in the movie industry though, so I guess…don’t criticize any movies? You apparently have no right to do it. You can read my movie critiques and deal with it.

Link your books. I’ll take a look.

Edit…why am I replying to you? You’re not even the OP.

Mighta misread the post like I did. It’s early.

You admit this in public? SMH

Edit - At least its not in the news business