Why are so many people happy that people will be upset with locked covenants?

It’s funny, really, the irony.

Look up all the threads complaining about the game catering to min/maxers on both retail and classic. Now the devs finally want to deviate from it, to make WoW more of an RPG instead of a World of Diablo 3, and they get flamed for the attempt.

They don’t though.

Min/Maxers don’t need to play with casuals if they don’t want to. And if they ever wanna just have fun, level alts, or get a group together to play with family/SOs/etc., then casuals are great!

Casuals like min/maxers because they can and do teach them tons of stuff about the game, mechanics, etc.

You said that it would be casuals who suffered the most. Casuals never leveled multiple characters to get the right legendaries in Legion. That “reroll and delete until you get your bis legendary” was way out there gameplay that only top players did.

Casuals leveled multiple characters to hunt mounts or spam bgs.

In fact, during Legion, there was a manageable learning curve that meant players could do low mythic+ keys and get into groups easily. And experienced players would join those groups and help them, unlike now, where the learning curve is so steep most casuals either don’t do them or buy carries.

The germans have a word for this:

Schadenfreude (/ˈʃɑːdənfrɔɪdə/; German: [ˈʃaːdn̩ˌfʁɔʏ̯də] ( listen); lit. ‘harm-joy’) is the experience of pleasure, joy, or self-satisfaction that comes from learning of or witnessing the troubles, failures, or humiliation of another.

Seems to be just another color of the human condition.

2 Likes

Whose happy? Just being realistic

Actually a ton of Mythic raiders (and Mythic raiding guilds) have quit the game, this expansion. I know many personally. We lost the top 2 guilds on my server (both Top 50 guilds) this expansion.

I bought a token, a green fire sealed tome, and a 460 leg with vers and poop corruption all for about a hundo. Plus my vision loot was a hard upgrade this week, and I got a few odds and ends as well. Feeling pretty good, might go destro with green fire if I can work out my azerite and other gear. Then demonology, all the armies of pets look fun.

This might be the first class where I like every spec almost equally. They all have really powerful components yet are very distinct.

I look forward to slinging the fel. I guess if I get to 445 as affliction I can always switch which spec grants rewards, will give me an extra emissary “tier” to climb until shadowlands.

And yet the still cleared the content.

Imagine that.

What the hell are you even talking about? NO, the guilds that quit the game, and the raiders that quit the game, did NOT clear the content, BECAUSE THEY’RE NOT PLAYING ANYMORE.

The top 2 guilds on my server both quit during Eternal Palace. They did not clear Eternal Palace. They did not clear Nyalotha.

1 Like

Funny, your server has 2 top guild in the top 100 since… forever that have cleared content from the last couple xpacs…and they’re 12/12

Go figure I guess?

I’m talking about TF and Arathian Knights. Where are they, now?

because it annoys these whiny elitist raiders who are incapable of enjoying life anyway, which is beautiful

Why are people in this thread talking like respec’ing talents hasn’t been a thing since Vanilla?
When I wanted to PvP I changed my talents, then when I was raiding I changed em again. Anyone who played back then doing raids or pushing pvp rank was constantly respec’ing.
The only choices that were permanent were Class and Race, and for a long time now only Class is a permanent choice.

Covenants are in no way comparable to talents.
Stop comparing Covenants to the old Talent system.

Also, what dev’s do you think have been taking us down this e-sport gogogo path for the last few expansions?
You think they are going to suddenly learn to balance something like Covenants in any reasonable way just because its “hard” to swap?

2 Likes

maybe some people are just enjoying the fact that ion is picking on someone else for a change. they are enjoying seeing someone else getting frustrated by ion. but don’t worry it will be short lived. ion will cave in by 9.2 at the lasted.

Ah you’re right. They did quit.

Know what else I managed to see however? Almost the same amount of guilds that that cleared Mythic in the time frames remains consistent throughout the xpac.

Guess not that many quit after all?

That’s just not true, there were far more Cutting Edge Jaina guilds than Azshara.

People always say retail is too easy, Blizzard makes it harder and now they are complaining, I thought you people like a challenge, in the end it really doesn’t matter, I sure it will get change eventually

Incorrect. Wow progress is pretty crap for sorting, but it looks like 1081 guilds cleared EP.

Meanwhile 1451 guilds cleared mythic Nylotha…which makes it more

Again. Go figure.

Because it’s the last tier and is therefore the longest; Nyalotha has already been out longer than Eternal Palace was. There are ALWAYS more kills on the last tier, because it’s out for so long.

Now address my actual point, instead of inventing strawmen:

Is there a TLDR version of that War and Peace novel the OP wrote?