Why are so many people happy that people will be upset with locked covenants?

Too bad I guess, Ion said that WoW will always have elements of non skill so it clearly says if all you care about is skill, you are the ones who should play another game.

The majority who also enjoy single player rpgs can stay.

1 Like

Yeah. Covs should be a permanent thing that your char has forever from now on.

1 Like

Priest is a fine example. None of the 4 Covenant Abilities really feel “useful” for Shadow. They feel like they were built for HEALING, so they’ll benefit DISC / HOLY but they won’t really be a good choice for Shadow Priests.

So yeah, there are huge flaws with the system as its currently being billed.

I’m extremely disappointed that others are going to be unhappy with their covenant abilities.

Blizz needs to balance better or stop implementing these crazy new systems.

This right here sums it up. Nothing more needs to be said. Good job

Having some elements of non-skill does not mean the majority of the game is going to be non-skill. You’re taking an inch and pretending it’s a mile. The MMO aspect of the game - all the social structures that result in things like metas - are equally as important in keeping this game alive as the RPG. And those are always going to exist; what you don’t understand is that they are now going to further dictate your ability to get into a group or not based off covenant choice.

4 Likes

What are you even talking about? :laughing:

I haven’t mentioned skill once… like… :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

It’s not about “skill”, it’s not about the 1%. It’s about who in their right mind would be okay with less options because “sub-class or meaningful choices” which in of themselves are bad excuses. Even I expected better from Blizzard.

Like I truly don’t understand that mindset.

“Yes, I’m okay with being locked into 1 ability the entire expansion even if it gets nerfed to the ground and isn’t even worth for my spec anymore.” Yep seems like a good mindset.

Classes are equally as restricting and Ion once again repeated, covenants are identity just like classes.

1 Like

Why do you think that’s a good thing in a game that is already having low participation in PvP, raids, and dungeons?

You think further restricting participation is somehow a good idea?

Think about what that means for Alliance - the faction with already horrible numbers is going to have even less participation overall.

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Yep because we are so locked into one class and can’t just make another character to play others or anything. UNLIKE covenants where your actively wanting to be locked in.

Like what? :laughing:

Whatever I can tell your either delusional or a troll. So hope you have a nice day. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’m done with this pointless “debate” or whatever you want to call it.

1 Like

Why laugh when you can tell them to “get good?”

Does this feature deny one more thing for gear snobs to lord over you with and gatekeep content?

Lead devs supports that statement so keep laughing : )

I ll enjoy the game

Yes because you are not restricted.

Noone is preventing you from doing mythic plus because you wanted the pvp better focus skills.

and picking that skill is not preventing you from doing Mythics.

In other words, The community is its own worse enemy. You hate to see it.

2 Likes

Yeah. There are already complaints about the 25% warmode buff. Imagine Covenant choice making it worse. Will they raise the buff, or will they just hope that 25% is enough?

Because if Covenant choice negatively impacts you in PvP … its going to drive more possible alliance bodies away that you could otherwise murder.

Anything that alienates players from an aspect of the game is a bad thing. Now obviously, not everyone enjoys PVP, but if you add MORE stumbling blocks to being able to enjoy it … its only going to HURT PvP participation.

2 Likes

Usually, you have to harbor a bit of resentment towards a party to experience schadenfreude at their misfortune.

If you can’t guess why there might be some resentment, well.

1 Like

I think the system is fine and I support having to make a meaningful choice in the game. I like the fact that covenants will give our characters additional identity, and that we can’t just swap between them freely like cheap suits.

However, I’ll say that I just like the system as it is, and that I don’t take pleasure in watching people squirm about it. I’m sorry if it’s making you suffer that badly and I wish you only the best of luck in future endeavors.

Well put, and I agree - I don’t wish anyone in particular ill (although I can see why some are experiencing schadenfreude now).

1 Like

The system is not fine and it’s going to annoy a lot of people and it won’t be to anyone’s benefit

I’ll also say that I’m actually a little relieved. I’m honestly tired of having to swap between gear (along with the mess that is azerite gear), talents, essences, and corruptions every time I have to switch to a different piece of content. It’s annoying as hell and I’m glad to see a little simplicity return to the game.

But again I’m not liking this change at the expense of others.

Let me play with my favorite arcane build for everything, give me my one covenant ability, and let me just call it a day.