Why are Shaman's so overtone?

Ding ding ding. Yep.

1 Like

It’s funny how people QQ about elemental, but simultaneously ignore mages, hunters, warriors, ret, rogues, all doing crazy damage.

Hell, in my undead rogue I have been killed faster by ret and shockadins than elementals. Legit globaled by a ret 2 days ago. Shaman can do nutty damage, but never have they killed me as quick as paladins. I

Also, paladin like shaman can heal like mad, and really if I cared about balance, they would need to completely separate the spell damage and healing stats so that damage or healing is a choice you make that gimps your non allocated functions.

And that’s unfortunately not the situation, spell damage and healing is a insane powerful stat that made healing capable specs kinda silly.

Those are rookie numbers, lucky that shaman wasn’t geared.

Must have had zerking or was really geared.

Notice shamans dont complain about 4k instant pyro’s?

3 Likes

Not sure why people with low IQ try and respond to threads. OP wasn’t talking about using cooldowns, and you kind of prove his point by calling that earth shock “rookie numbers”.

5 Likes

OP was complaining because he got killed by a shaman. There is no point to this thread apart from that.

4 Likes

So, you got from this post that I am complaining because I died to a shaman?

Actually didnt die to one tonight, but thanks for ASSuming. But, I did get hit hella hard.

People hate what the other side has, always has been a thing. But my lord do the bad alliance players cry about shamans so damn much even 15 years later. It’s actually crazy. Paladins are also ridiculously strong healers/support. BoP, freedom, super efficient heals in plate and a 12 second immunity are bonkers. All shaman go oom in a pvp setting faster than any equally geared paladin by a mile. Plus like you said plenty of other classes can global you, but nope that shaman who gets locked down to shocks with any competent melee/hunter on them or god forbid a warlock shows up and casts curse of tongues is the one and only problem. Elemental shaman are strong don’t get me wrong but we’re also one of the easiest classes to lock down. Literally all shaman have is totems to try and escape.

Healing and spell damage honestly isn’t too bad because the good healers aren’t going to be in spell damage gear unless they’re just trying to offheal sometimes.

1 Like

If you didn’t die, then what on earth are you even complaining about? Shamans are so OP that you can still kill them despite being “overtoned”?

Is reading hard for you?

1 Like

Very mature. I’ve read your thread - you’ve made completely unsubstantiated claims that Shamans are OP without any comparison to exactly how they are stronger than any other class. You’ve just referred to some - admittedly strong - abilities in their spellbook and expect us all to agree with you.

And again, if you still won the fight, your entire argument about them being OP is a moot point.

1 Like

mages tend to spec in frost and little bit of arcane

Sub 1500 on a guranteed crit earthshock is terrible. My scrounged together set of ele gear is rocking close to 2k without any outside influences.

1 Like

Well if its any consolation ( I know its not), Shamans have had the joy slowly squeezed out of them expansion after expansion.

1 Like

Generally but they can be brought as a FC killer which requires a different spec entirely.

And that is all I did… I dont want people to agree with me. What I wanted was to have a conversation on the forums. I never said they were more OP then other classes.

How are they doing in the 3v3 tournaments?

Maybe you didn’t use the words “OP” but you did insinuate on several occasions that the design is broken because they are too powerful.

:roll_eyes:

Also Styls when somebody disagrees with him

1 Like

I love watching god class mages complaining about Ele. Gives me all kinds of feels

5 Likes

Ok, since you are trying very hard… I will bite. Maybe its due to the fact that you are lv30. If that’s an alt… post on ur main. We wont make fun of you.

People have mention other things that are wrong with shaman’s. Like Grounding Totem taking more then 1 cast to kill. Like EM allowing for 2 spells to crit instead of 1.

You have to account for batching. If you batch two spells into grounding, you screwed up twice as hard.

2 Likes