Why are Shaman's so overtone?

Oh, absolutely… but shaman’s see nothing wrong with their class. Its how it was in vanilla. LOL (which obviously it wasnt).

Grounding Totem taking 2 casts to destroy is working as intended. /endsarcasm

Grounding totem annoys me the most about shamans, fiery and lifestealing procs killed grounding in vanilla, and when classic launched, but now it just says immune and then eats my HoJ after as well.

Btw, for reckoning paladins, if you bubble right as the shamans combo lands, you take no damage and get two reckoning charges.

1 Like

I may try that then cause my recking isnt even getting charges sometimes and when i do they just fall off. I know theres a way to stop the droping but still I shouldnt have to do sertan things to stop a talent if the talent was working the right way.

Sometimes I get blown up by a shaman and think “damn this class is really broken” and get mad, but then I get frost nova’d and eat a 2.2k frostbolt and a 1.6k fireblast and the frost nova doesn’t even break and I feel like shaman is ok again.

20 Likes

yeah, but can you imagine frostbolts hitting regularly for 2.2k? w/o shatter. Now, we’re talking something is wrong.

Yeah it’s dumb, but you’re playing a mage and can easily do the same. Also you have 3 schools of magic that gives you options that shaman do not have.

Literally no class kills me faster that getting caught on the bad end of a fire mage.

Dead even second to mage is shaman and hunter who both do absurd damage

Below them are warriors and ret Paladin and if enhancement gets lucky.

Below that are cold blood prep dagger rogues

And below us, warlocks and shadow priests

Below that balance druid

Below that, everyone I forgot.

Sounds like you might be activating your auto attack and de activating it, or your target dies before you swing, which drops charges.

1 Like

Oh, I can agree that Mages are OP. No denying it… but we all know getting caught into a shatter hurts always had and always will. (while except for retail. lol).

But here is the question, what’s wrong with them doing stupid high burst?

well I think they shouldnt get the 100% crit for 1 spell thats giving 2 crits and again blizzard seem to be blind to that little bug but they fix the hoj bug and broken reckoning which is sorta fixed but still broken. So I have 60s on both sides horde and allance but it seems to be fav alot to horde.

5 Likes

Once again… I have zero issue with their high burst (even though it is broken and shouldn’t work the way it works now… them getting 2 spells to crit instead of 1). I have an issue with their high regular shocks, and light shields ticks. I even have a lv40 shaman.

1 Like

Shamans were definitely the class to hate back in Vanilla, I remember very vividly.

That’s how the whole “Frostshooock!” video meme came about (good ole machina).

It just got worse with the whole “optimal” thing that pervades much of the meta these days. They do a lot more damage, but so does everyone else tbh.

2 Likes

I was horde in vanilla so I didnt hate them. =) lol

Literally the only problem with Shamans is that it’s hard to kill grounding totems instantly and Purge is horrendously painful to fight against.

I was having a lot of trouble as a 60 vs a 52 just because I wasn’t getting any resists (Even with Absorb talent and Mage Armor buffing up Nature Resistance) and the purge was wrecking me. Couldn’t easily break his grounding totems and his EM blasts hit way harder than my rank 10 frostbolts. Mage vs Shaman is a really difficult fight considering they burn all of your defenses and cripple your mana pool (thanks to loss of 30 int). They have a very short interrupt by comparison so it’s overall a bad time.

I freaking love Purge. Screw you mages hiding behind your shield! Out I say, priests and pallys with umpteen personal buffs! If it weren’t a thing playing as and likely against Shaman would be a lot more straightforward and boring.

The fact that you’ve got a 6s interrupt and a 15s redirect is bad enough as it is for casters to fight. Shamans op.

Yeah but they get dunked on by dagger rogues no matter what spec they play. I suspect locks destroy them even if they have grounding and tremor because you can simply have the fel pup nomnomnom the totems damn near automatically.

1 Like

I mean… there is literally hundreds of shaman pvp videos from vanilla on YouTube and Warcraft movies… I think you will find there dmg is very similar if not higher because you could use 2 on-use trinkets at the same time for a while

1 Like

Scissors beats paper, paper beats rock, rock beats scissors. Some people playing this game expect their class to be strong vs everyone and they post dumb as hell stuff on the forums. Nothing has really changed in 15 years. Personally i hate curse of tongues with a passion, mages hate viper sting above nearly everything. Rogues are tough (mostly now with gear scaling prep rogues and with naxx it’s impossible just in general), warlocks are nearly impossible unless they’re PvE spec and you’re ready for them. Mages get to improve counterspell sheep spam and wait out the CS timer and even then might not win. Plus honestly EM is a terrible talent compared to nature’s swiftness in almost any open world scenario.

2 Likes

Mages did the same, and were literally 1 shotting players with a single ability.

Players like to say they got one shot, but so often it’s it not actually true, it’s usually they just died quick.

1 Like