Why are people so upset at new ah mount?

The fact that you think this has anything to do with the amount of money and not the value proposition they’re asking the $90 for tells me everything I need to know about your perspective on the matter lmao

$10 isn’t a lot of money either but if someone tried to sell me a Snickers bar for $10 I wouldn’t just buy it because that $10 is effectively pocket change to me lol

This whole “you don’t have real world experience” is starting to look a bit more like projection.

2 Likes

Yep that will be the birth of microtransactions in World of Warcraft.

Oh for an extra $2 a month on your sub you’ll no longer have a cool down on your Hearthstone so you can go back to a major city whenever you want.

Microtransactions in games always start with quality of life changes. They are designed to make things feel easier on you. Then sadly as we saw with Electronic Arts not too long ago they become nothing but that and the only way to get set items or said quality of life improvements is the store.

This is pretty much how World of Warcraft private servers work and why they’re still in business and functioning. Because people pay to have digital items that no one else has because the only way to get them is to buy them

2 Likes

I posted this earlier but you hit the nail on the head, from google

“ According to former Blizzard developer Jason Hall on a podcast, the Celestial steed netted more income than the entirety of sales from Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty. A horse in WoW made more money than an entire one of Blizzards other IPs”

3 Likes

There is a new mount?

1 Like

If you play WoW you’ve already chosen an expensive game.

You need a good computer, good internet, the game itself and the monthly sub, just to get started.

So folks all aghast at $90 is kinda funny.

Cared more about making good content than money is what I meant to say. Over time comes change, change comes differences, differences being a make or break. Them releasing something you can just buy with your money, when it took players days to achieve in-game shows this company has lost its authenticity and its morals.

It still a respectable amount of money but I’d feel less guilty buying that mount than I would if I took my wife out to eat for the same amount.

Never happened either dude. Now what did happen at one point is they were producing content that they enjoyed producing and you felt that when you played the game which made the game more enjoyable to you.

But it didn’t change the fact that they were out to make a profit you just felt good while you were lining their pockets LOL

It’s kind of like when you buy a cookie from one of those PTA moms and the cookies really good because you can taste the love and joy that she put into the cookies but you’re still buying the cookie dude she’s still selling the cookie. She may have enjoyed making it but her goal was still to make a profit

1 Like

It’s the principal. They just came out with a big patch and the game is extremely buggy for alot of classes. Game has everything from class issues to FPS issues to connection issues.

Now here you go, $90 in-store purchase advertisment in your face. It just makes it seem like the focus is on money over game quality. Even if they took 1 person off the re-skining the Brutosaur team and put them on the team to make the game run smoother, wouldn’t that be better off for the gaming community?

Which is kind of funny to see how everything has gone, and then you look at the initial pitch for Diablo that Condor Games(which would become Blizzard North) gave to Blizzard that includes a primitive form of mtx based on M:TG packs.

Which Blizzard obviously changed because it wasn’t in the final game.

No, the made up story that someone commented on (and your comment) are really self-reports that you’re both probably very fond of wearing red caps.

It’s pure projection to imagine someone is disgusted in themselves because they cannot afford your (alleged) lifestyle because you (and the original commenter) consider their lack of means to be a personal moral failure.

Man I just want to fight everyone in this thread!!! Bring it on!!!

2 Likes

1 Like

You don’t like passive aggressive hostility? Do you even generally discuss?

This mount is much cheaper than the old AH mount and many mounts still for sale from vendors in game.

It’s $90, you’ll eat good for that.

At the same time it’s still optional.

Did the PTA moms really make the cookie with love and care, dude? Or did they just find out it’s easier to buy it cheaper from a gas station and slap a price three times more than what they paid?

It’s a two party system and you are being told to pick Sprite or or orange soda. Boy does Sprite and orange soda both have some dedicated and outspoken fans. But both bright and orange soda are owned by one in the same

So the problem is no matter who wins you’re getting Coca-Cola. The easiest way to keep rats in a maze is to give them the illusion of control in where they’re going

Everyone has a hobby, some people just REALLY like this game. Good on yall

1 Like

What else are you going to spend your gold on? It’s a direct QoL optional enhancement. You know how annoying it is to keep running to the AH if you have professions?

I just wish it wasn’t so obnoxiously large