Why are people so upset at new ah mount?

Yeah it’s a lot of money but the cost for “micro” transactions is a ship long since sailed. Ain’t no way I’m buying but I don’t care that it exists. I’m sure all of us, or most has bough micro transactions for a game before. I’m pretty sure I’ve paid at least that much for other in game mounts through the years already that I never use.
To my original question though, are people angry because it exists; that they feel obligated to buy it, or because they can’t afford it?

Edit: I don’t mean to be condescending

21 Likes

“the poors are mad” is not actually a thing. It’s just something people say because they want to defend a company for some reason.

People are mad because $90 for a single item seems insane. You could buy a brand new AAA game and have money left over with that. At least some people will buy it with in-game gold rather than actually dropping $90 on it.

There’s probably some outrage added on top because Blizzard just dropped a patch that clearly didn’t have much QA done on it, after releasing an expansion that clearly didn’t have much QA done on it.

Which I know the team that makes the mounts aren’t the ones that fix the game, but it’s still pretty tone deaf.

80 Likes
  1. They just released a patch that broke a load of things, is tuned horridly, and broke parts of my class and then have the gall to ask me to pay $90 for some stupid digital dinosaur I’ll basically never use.
63 Likes

I’m more disappointed they refuse to add a version of the Brutosaur without all the extra stuff for like 50k gold or something. I don’t care about having 24/7 access to the AH, I just want a cool dinosaur mount. Just give me a red or blue one without the vendors on it for some gold.

19 Likes

I mean the USD dollar is insane, but it’s also available with bnet balance, which can be purchased with in game gold. Right now with current token prices, it’s 1.2-1.8 million gold, which is a lot less of a gold farm than the OG bruto was.

I also think the high USD cost is Blizzard still adhering to their desire to not see everyone with a bruto.

With that said, I have no intention to buy it.

4 Likes

I play PoE, the price of that mount ain’t :poop:

6 Likes

I agree with it being tone deaf but I wouldn’t say the mount is a response to that, I’d imagine they go a chart on all the releases, and they prolly thought the patch would go over well to begin with.

90dollars is a heck of a lot but in this day and age I can’t even raise an eyebrow at. Not to mention those AAA games you speak of I may buy and just play a week or two, at least with the mount it’ll always be in my account. Not defending blizzard but I’m just saying it’s an industry norm at this point

Still doesn’t matter. If you don’t like then you stop paying a subscription and stop playing. That’s your only viable option. The end

2 Likes

Then everybody on Area 52 must be rich as hell because I just logged in a couple minutes ago in Dorn was wall to wall brontos everywhere I looked and most of the people especially the Taurens we’re using giant growth elixirs too :rofl:

There was even an NPC walk parade of them going on

4 Likes

That is an awfully generous assumption for you to make considering it’s Blizzard’s decision to sell the brutosaur mount and not the dozens of other mounts they could have sold instead lmao

it is time limited so you can’t go out and earn the gold to pay for it, especially when this will drive token prices up.

2 Likes

Yeah except that PoE doesn’t have a monthly sub fee, doesn’t charge you for expansions and actually has QA. The difference is that I don’t mind throwing 20-30 towards the PoE devs since they actually provide a service. 90 dollars for a mount after this clown fiesta of a patch is absolutely ridiculous.

8 Likes

Because people like to judge how other people spend their money.

Its been a thing as long as money has been a thing.

7 Likes

The weirdest part is they could have just sold it for gold and the outrage would probably be a fraction of what they’re getting but they’d have still made a ton of money in token sales.

I’m willing to give them the benefit of the doubt that this mount’s release was probably planned a while before anybody knew the anniversary patch was going to be as broken as it was.

Though it doesn’t really change that the game is in one of the worst technical states it’s ever been in, and then they drop the $90 mount on us.

It’s an industry norm for live service games, but that’s probably why I don’t really play other live service games except for Deep Rock Galactic which charges like $17 CAD for their most expensive cosmetic(which is a bundle of them).

It being the norm also doesn’t mean not complaining about it. I’d give crap to other devs doing it too.

3 Likes

Releasing a FOMO cash grab mount when the game is arguably in a pretty bad state is a really bad look for them and isn’t great for consumer trust that they actually care about releasing quality content or will even put that money towards making the game better.

15 Likes

I’ll take “Situations that never happened” for 500 lol

12 Likes

It’s a bit pricey for a mount. Folks have hoped the company would bring back an AH mount for some time. $90 made me laugh out loud, because anything in our account can go missing and the CS will say there is no way to replace anything, or they can’t.

No way I’d buy it.

Buddy, they’re not asking you to buy it, they’re making it available for people to purchase it if they want it.

If you think it’s stupid, overpriced, and you’ll never use it, just don’t buy it. No reason to be mad that it exists.

Unless…

4 Likes

You are either very young or you have never stepped foot into the real world

3 Likes

Nail on the head.

2 Likes