Why are people so upset at new ah mount?

because a store mount shouldn’t cost the same as an expansion. (yes standard is 60ish but not the point.)

2 Likes

They used to be likened to “the Nintendo” of PC gaming.

That was all around Overwatch 1, and after that, everything kinda fell apart for them lol.

Well I think there’s plenty of Indie developers out there who are in it for the love of the game. I’m sure there’s some AAA companies out there doing the best they can on that front as well. It doesn’t “have” to be that way but it’s certainly an uphill battle. I love mortal kombat, I grew up on it, bought the soundtrack, one of my all time favorite ip’s. I can not stand what it’s become today, with all the micro transactions but as I understand it, it’s not ed boons idea, but the people above him. As much as we all claim to love Chris metzen or the founding members of bliz, whoever’s left doesn’t have that kind of power.

Something’s are just unavoidable but that’s the world we live in.

You seem to have a knack for conjuring up fake scenarios in your head, because what even is this lol

I’ll concede that bitter people exist. What I don’t buy are these conveniently tailored situations you seem to have offered forth as evidence for why people are mad about the mount, nor do I buy that they’re really applicable in this circumstance considering mostly everyone just takes issue with Blizzard gutting them than they are people buying it lmao

No there’s not their goal is to still turn a profit if they didn’t they’d have to shut their doors immediately. This is kind of just what you tell yourself and what others telling themselves when they find something they really enjoy from a smaller company.

Now did Blizzard’s original writers put a lot of Loving Care into their writing of course they did. But their goal was still to turn a profit and gain players

Are you implying jealousy doesn’t exist? “Thou shalt not covet”, it goes back quite a ways.

1 Like

I guess reading a tad further was a bit too hard lol

I knew we were never getting 90s Blizzard back but with Kotick being out and Metzen being back in, I was kind of hoping maybe we’d shift back to the mid-2010s Blizzard.

The one where yeah they were making live service games crammed with mtx, but at least they were really good games. Overwatch 1 was great, Hearthstone was a lot of fun at launch, Legion is often considered one of the better WoW expansions, Heroes of the Storm… existed(jokes aside, I did really enjoy it for what it was).

It’s a shame cause I think there’s plenty to like in TWW, but it comes with the vibes that the whole thing is just unfinished.

4 Likes

Dude it’s clear the guy has lived a very sheltered life and has no real life experience of any kind he’s off his back dude I’m just kind of accepted that and moved on

Tell me terraria and stardew developers aren’t wholesome, go on.

A common misconception is people with money blow their money on stupid things. If anything, people buying the mount imply more they probably don’t have much money.

4 Likes

That’s true lol, rich folk tend to be penny-pinchers more than anything.

Or do a lot of things folks generally pay for, by themselves.

It’s how they got rich after all.

Ain’t no rich person spending money on this.

3 Likes

I think this Mount is a Real Testament to the point where blizzard has finally stepped up and said are people really willing to spend real money on quality of life changes. That’s all this mound is it’s a quality of life adjustment to the game. Giving you ease of access to stuff

So yes this is a scary road to go down because blizzard may just say oh they were willing to pay for the brontosaur quality of life change what other qualities of life can we sell them.

Can we add to the store an item that increases flight speed by 500% and the only way to get it is from the store. Can we remove the cool down from hearthstones for a price?

I think this is a lot of what’s upsetting a lot of people is there afraid blizzard starting to go down that road

4 Likes

A person with real life experience would recognize a scam when they see one lol

Kind of like the $90 mount.

Anyways, happily married with a stable career but pop off sweetheart lmao

1 Like

That ship seems to have grown into an armada of monetization.

5 Likes

No offense but that’s not a lot of money dude. I could literally just put in one-two hours of overtime when I was still working and make that easy.

So I think a lot of people have decided is that 1 to 2 hours worth it to have a mount that I’ve always wanted they can give me access to the auction house no matter where I am? Yeah I think I want that

I also don’t think you understand the definition of the word scam. To get scammed you have to give something and get nothing.

Just another day and another outrage on the wow forums. This forum would cease to exist if there wasn’t something to complain about.

Every now and then I’ll make an appreciative thread but before long you just get accused of “white knighting”

1 Like

We’re long down that road brother. You’re right they’ll probably eventually start with profession items, mount speed. Psshht, maybe even class abilities. A scary thought.

3 Likes

Now that we’re over the initial reaction, this is probably the worst of it for me.

I’m old enough to remember when we all made fun of the stupid $2.5 horse armour in Oblivion, and I remember the 2 decades that followed as companies pushed and pushed and pushed to see what they could get away with.

and that comes with the knowledge that the road will continue to be gone down so long as they don’t ever try to go down it too fast which then results in universal backlash and a temporary scaling back of what they did.

because that’s exactly how it’s gone since that horse armour. At this point it’s not a slippery slope, it’s pattern recognition.

3 Likes