Why are people so upset at new ah mount?

No it really doesnt.

Who is putting 1000 a year into WoW?

How is this mount a “keep up with the joneses or be permanently left out” ordeal?

How are you being left out? Left out of what? Is being in the dino line in cities that big of a deal?

A lot of people that currently have it bought wow tokens back when it was available in game for gold. Roughly $400 of wow tokens at the time :joy::joy:

Value is subjective. Ripoff is not. I tried explaining that to you, but you seem to want to hyperfocus on the definition of value because it suits your argument better.

Anyone who buys this mount is being ripped off by Blizzard. If you’re okay with that because you value the mount at $90, then cool. But you were still ripped off.

4 Likes

seems in sane but then look at it like this

longboi cost $500 in tokens or gold cap from bmah

this one cost like wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy less

To be ripped off you have to feel the value of an item is not worth what you paid. This again is completely subjective

Rip off, value, meaning. All three of these are subjective terms.

You going argue with me about an adjective versus a noun next? :rofl:

It’s a clear sign that Blizzard doesn’t really care about us as the consumer.

Only how much money they can get from you.

2 Likes

Maybe. Idk what are they yapping about to be honest.

But dropping a lot of micro-transactions on the actual state of the game is hilarious tbh.

2 Likes

No, to be ripped off, you would have to purchase something at a price higher than what would be commensurate to make said thing.

To put in plain terms: If it cost Blizzard $10 per unit to make the mount, selling it at $90 would be insanely disproportionate and excessive.

The mount is not a $90 mount. It’s probably not even a $70 mount. It’s probably closer to $30 or $40. You were ripped off. Sorry to break it to you.

2 Likes

No offense but I don’t think you know what a microtransaction is. Blizzard has never added a microtransaction to the game ever.

I will explain to you what a microtransaction is. A microtransaction is a transaction of a small amount. But you buy the microtransactions a lot not realizing how much you’re spending because that small dollar amount over time equals a lot of money.

An example of a microtransaction would be items blizzard has added to their shop for 1$ dollar here $3 there or $5. You know small amounts but you wind up buying a lot of them because they’re so cheap.

But when you look back over a 6-month period you realize you spent over $300. Games like fortnite and a few other games have Micro transactions.

Blizz Mounts are not a microtransaction and they’re not even close to being one. This is why they are called microtransactions because they are $ amount small purchases.

So you got the early access right? You got buying the game itself right? You pay that monthly subscription for the game right? Now we’re selling mounts at $90 a pop and you KNOW it doesn’t stop with this mount. Large FOMO mount bundles of hard to farm mounts will start releasing in the store. The concept of keeping up with the Joneses is essentially, you’re going to see this dinosaur model everywhere you go and it will be a constant reminder that you did not spend the money and others did so you have less access to convenience because everyone else immediately caved. It’s like if you just hit max level now standing around in Dornogal starting to do M+ and everyone around you is some 2800 RIO player on the $90 mount, imagine thinking that is going to create a healthy player-base environment that new and returning players to the game will stick around for long. Also going forward if you could offer at least some form of communication besides endless questions we may be able to actually have a discussion that yields results instead of What? You’re left out? Is [Insert random irrelevant scenario] bugging you? Does nothing but absolutely clutter the discussion and waste everyone’s time with the trolling.

I don’t understand all the hate.

People can and should spend their money on what they want. Who cares? Only angry, bitter sad people.

Could you expand on how the mount helps you get 2800 io? Or the connection between the two?

Because just like life, this world a little bigger then just you.

1 Like

Your words hold no value.

2 Likes

lmao but what is this supposed to change in my life?

But dropping a lot of transactions on the actual state of the game is hilarious tbh.

There you go buddy I hope you can sleep tonight.

That didn’t respond to anything I said, but okay. Have a good one!

Thats fine.

No one takes you serious either.

Tbh, I’ve spent more on a leather belt. More than $90 on cufflinks, you know what f it…

I spent $500 on men’s XL Wrath of the Lich king Blizzcon employee shirt. I also went to Switzerland for the orchestra, plane ticket was 1250. $90? Here’s 100 keep the change

The "haves’ vs the “have nots”, again.

You’re still not getting it you can use the word however you want but what you’re doing is you’re just tossing around buzzwords you don’t actually understand what you’re saying.

Please just stop and drop it. The word value is a subjective term. The term rip off is a subjective term also because what’s a rip off to you is not a ripoff to someone else.

The fact that it’s a rip off is decided by the person who feels it’s not worth the price being asked. These are all subjective terms I think you need to understand what what is subjective term is.

You clearly don’t