Why are people so upset at new ah mount?

Dude have you never met a Karen in your life? Do you have any clue how unrealistic and over dramatized type of people they are!?

You have person A) who goes out and buys a Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 302 for 90k because he can afford it and wants it.

Then you have person B) who’s either a friend an acquaintance or a neighbor or a co-worker who calls him disgusting for doing such a thing.

Person B doesn’t really think person A is disgusting they don’t really think what he did was disgusting they are disgusted with themselves that they cannot afford to live like that. That’s just simple Psychology 101

FYI this does happen all the time 100%. Just talk to any of your friends who are financially well off and ask them

1 Like

Probably because they fear that future mounts will be higher in price and it shows that people are willing to pay more for vendor mounts.

5 Likes

Knowing that the patch was a flustercluck, they could have absolutely postponed release until things were fixed and people would be infinitely less jaded.

The deployment is easily pushed back. It’s absolutely intended to try and capitalize on the people they pulled back for the patch that will fall off in 2 weeks.

Gotta milk the money off people before they leave.

2 Likes
3 Likes

People don’t like when MMO’s scam there player base with shiney mounts we want content and better engines. It makes players look like sheep and not very smart people even more so buying a mount for $90.00 that’s ridiculous. Supporting this type behavior is gate way to Korean MMO experience which just means your credit card more important then gameplay and content etc.

3 Likes

They are that karen

2 Likes

I’m glad you chose to hide behind an alt to post this absolute psychopath take

4 Likes

You should see the prices in World of Warships. A top level ship would easily cost that.

2 Likes

Eh I’m tired of being nice and tbh getting banned would make it easier to quit lol

1 Like

Are there invisible walls blocking raid bosses, massive oversights in class design and bugs leading to titanic shifts in damage output that artificially inflate ratings, massively overtuned raids, broken currencies, and all else that has been going on in this patch in every patch?
Because I don’t think there are.
I think that’s cope.

Whoa there, King, relax with the common sense there.
Liable to set some heads on fire.

Those yelling the loudest fit one or more of a few categories:

• Spent time and or money to get the original mount (close to $500 if they used tokens)
  • They own a removed mount and will no longer be special
  • This version is 5x cooler than the one removed
  • 6 years of the notoriety of having one will be gone as these new ones emerge
  • Not financially stable enough to afford it

I mean, there are probably more reasons, but those who object usually do so cause whatever is becoming extinct (pun intended) was their only claim to fame. Now, people who have more money than time are elated to have something just as cool.

2 Likes

At least you admit that youre addicted. Thats the first step to quitting.

3 Likes

Yes.

10 chars

Provide evidence.

People can do what they want with their money, but I don’t like how this is setting a precedent for releasing a micro transaction item in a buy-to-play subscription game that costs more than the game itself.

6 Likes

They sold (maybe still sell?) a replica Frostmourne for $400. This $90 anniversary limited-time mount is nothing.

The difference? The mount is in game, where others can see it - and be reminded they don’t have it. I can’t believe jealously isn’t at play here, behind the scenes, for some people.

5 Likes

Depends on what you’re into, but I’ve been enjoying the Silent Hill 2 Remake and I’ll probably pick up MechWarrior 5 Clan later.

I’ve heard good things about Metaphor: ReFantazio too, though I’m not really into the Persona style of games.

Been a good day so far. Just mucking about on the forums and then I’ll continue on my horror games later.

Everything with the game has me thinking about FFXIV again, though I’ve got a sub till December either way.

Check the patch note threads.

I think a lot of the frustration right now isn’t just about this unprecedented new sale.

By itself, it would be controversial, yes. There is much to be said for players feeling betrayed after being told years ago that the AH mount would be a rare and limited experience.

However, this is added to the current context that the anniversary event and patch as a whole have been poorly received due to drip-feeding the currency, bugs, tuning, and a general sense that this patch was rushed.

1 Like

90$ isn’t a lot of money.
Get a real job and get out of moms basement it’s been 20 years guys. Thunderfury isn’t as cool as a Tesla.

What are you guys going to do when we all have Tesla Optimus robots? Cry that you have to cook your own meals still?

Ridiculous.