Why are people so upset at new ah mount?

Y’all do realize, on some level, that this mount was most likely designed and planned to drop around the anniversary months and months ago, right? Like, they didn’t have this in some “break in case people don’t like the patch” window. Bureaucracy doesn’t move that fast.

5 Likes

It shows where the priorities are for Bliz, right now. :frowning: Game is a mess. Guild bank data loss, reputations reset, valor reset/no progress possible, gold missing, tmogs missing.

1 Like

At that cost, you can buy a whole new game and have some left over. Could get another, smaller game with that bit extra.

But yeah, this feels like an insult. Affordability is not a concern, but this feels WRONG.

So I will not be purchasing it.

I was kind if waffling and considering getting TWW, but the absurd grind for the event and now this abomination… yeah, that FIRMLY dead now.

I may, however, buy another game out of spite.
Not from Blizz, obviously.

That new “Metaphor” game looks interesting, never tried an Atlus game before but this could be a good chance to do so. Or I could indulge some of FFXIV’s extras, you can get quite a bit there for the same price.

4 Likes

Wdym, PoE is free to play right? I knew there was mtx for bag space but I didnt know the mtx was that bad.

I wouldn’t know or claim to one way or the other because I don’t work at blizzard.
I would operate based on what I see, and my understanding that corporations are entities that exist pretty much solely to make money.

3 Likes

Hey Sab :slight_smile: How you doin?

Are you sure? I thought blizzard was a non-profit.

1 Like

It’s at least a multi-dollar company.

2 Likes

Many reasons.

1. The “poor” can’t afford it but really want it.
  2. The people with the OG mount are annoyed because the microtransaction one looks cooler and it comes with a mailbox.
  3. Ruins the game as in ruins the function of having the AH in the game
  4. It makes the OG mount irrelevant and ruins status and pride bc everyone has one

There’s seriously nothing good out rn. I can name one good one but that’s about it.

2 Likes

You could try applying some common sense, too.

You won’t succeed, I know, but you could at least try.

1 Like

only thing im “upset” about is that a cheaper store version gets a mailbox

3 Likes

I know, Im being sarcastic. Its just funny how much people are complaining about an optional mount. Having the ah on it doesnt even seem that useful nowadays.

2 Likes

This is not a guarantee, anymore. :frowning: :heart:

2 Likes

They should of done a ah/crafting order mount

1 Like

10% of players = happy with new mount
80% of players = :laughing: :joy: :rofl:
This guy = Why are people so mad?

4 Likes

Well it’s like Ryuki said, they dumped a broken patch with tons of bugs and released a mount priced at about 6 months worth of a standard monthly sub.
The mount on its own isn’t a problem, it’s the situation wherein it was implemented.

5 Likes

I’m old enough to know that things like this don’t happen lol

It’s either that or it does happen, but you’ve dramatized it to make it seem more excessive than it actually is. Like, I doubt your neighbor explicitly described your actions as “disgusting.”

In any case, your example is bad anyways because:

1. Nobody is mad at you or anyone else for buying the mount, and it’s pretty conceited of you to make that assumption
  2. They’re mad at Blizzard instead.

I don’t care how you spend your money. I think it’s stupid to spend $90 on a mount in a subscription-based game, but that’s my prerogative and is disconnected from my financial stability. The issue people have is Blizzard’s decision to charge that much in the first place lol

Every patch they release is broken.

The world would be a much better place without the people who bought this mount in it

3 Likes

I honestly don’t care how stupid people spend their money.

We’re already idiots for paying for the game and the subscription, so shrug.

Maybe they’ll use the cash to hire some install devs like y’all have been whining they should do.

1 Like