Why are people so upset at new ah mount?

who needs subs reoccurring monthly as a motivator for actually making good content to keep those subs when you can just put out a 90$ mount and droves of idiots will buy it!

^ that is the issue, we get 90$ mounts in leu of QA on our actual content

no the team who did the mount isn’t responsible for the developing on content, but the CEOs see people spend money on mounts, take crappy quality patches, and still see a profit and think that this should be the new status quo

sends the wrong message entirely, but hey, you get what you get.

I personally don’t think companies should be rewarded with money for low effort pixels after poor performance and updates on the game we already pay a sub to, but hey, im actually responsible with my money and have self-control

3 Likes

Who is upset? I’m not upset. There are more posts asking why people are upset than by people actually upset with it.

A model that puts out incomplete and broken xpacs/patches, but for some reason is more than capable of putting out a mount that costs nearly twice what the xpac did…

Ya, great business model.

2 Likes

People are kinda being histrionic about it. I mean I get the sentiment that releasing the most expensive mount ever with an AH and mailbox on it during a 20 year celebration smacks of corporate greed. It feels bad. Even though everyone knows you don’t have to buy it, it feels bad. I don’t think I’ve seen anyone complain about the 30$ mount bundle because that is perceived as a better deal and we’re already acclimated to 30$ mounts. It doesn’t matter that there’s extra transactions anymore it’s about perceived value.

1 Like

quit gaslighting…if you can’t understand why people are upset about the price of a mount being equal to 6 months subscription, or weeks worth of groceries, that’s on you.
It should have just been an in game gold dump…people still would have spent money on WoW tokens to get it, and others, who value their money could have grinded for it.

Doesn’t help that so many people bought it so fast. Hard to send a message about something being over priced when people just jump out of helicopters the first chance they get…smh

True.
But it was for these people that the mount was made.

They arent asking you to spend $90. Wtf is wrong with you guys heads. They are offering you something you dont have to buy. Not to mention every store item is free if you play the game. Trade gold for a token and add $20 to your account. If you cant afford then dont buy it. Like lmao at these people’s worlds being shattered like this is sargeras pluging is sword into earth. Its a GAME.

It is an in-game gold dump like every item in the blizzard store. You can farm gold and buy the new call of duty if you want for crying out loud. Tell us you have down syndrome without telling us.

You’re confusing the actual price of the token with the BNet Balance you can get from using one.

Lmao my bad add $15 to your account. My point still stands and you can still get anything in the blizzard store for free. Nice try at semantics.

Is it semantics if it’s only “free” because someone else foot your bill?
They still get money, even more in fact because of the $5 difference in token price → BNet Balance exchange.

Yes its semantics to the point i made. We get youre upset about your game. But get over it. It is a GAME.

1 Like

If it’s just a game and doesn’t matter, then why are you so up in arms defending a transaction, to the point you would use semantics to say something is free because someone else paid for it?

Im not defending anything. Twisting my words. Im making fun of you kids crying about a virtual dinosaur

1 Like

How am I twisting your words pray tell?

I use kids loosely cuz some of you are like 40 and crying in these forums

Lmao you just tried to twist me making fun of something into defending something. Cmon now think, then speak.
Spending real money on virtual things is stupid to begin with. Just a bunch of idiots that want something for affirmation in a game.

So you want me to believe all this:

Isn’t you raising points in its defense.
Indeed.

1 Like

Nah its making fun of whiners that cant use their heads and realize its a free mount if you put in the work. The price sticker never mattered.