Why are people so upset at new ah mount?

Because its happening during a celebration for wow that has been riddled with bugs and problems. It’s tone deaf, if it was done a month ago or a month later after the problems are fixed, it’d probly be alot less of an issue

The problem is this is akin to training a dog.
If you reward certain behavior they are more likely to repeat it. Basically: Operant Conditioning.

They just realized they can sell a mount with ingame utilities on it for $90 and that MANY people will buy it. So now they are more likely to put such mounts on the shop for extreme prices and less likely to make them obtained by playing the game.

THATS why Im angry at the existence of this thing. I can easily drop $90 but why the heck would I reward the dog for pooping on the floor?

3 Likes

Read that again and again and again.

On topic: I dont care about the mount and don’t care if someone buys it or not unless they use my money to do it. But personally I’d not pay that much for a mount, I think the only service I’d pay money for is if they release class skins for USD. And it depends on the price.

ship has sailed but it’s still a ship that everyone hopes sinks.

also the whole mentality of the people buying it just showing off and calling people poor all the time because they make horrible financial decisions makes the mount relatable with really gross people and much easier to hate.

3 Likes

While the first part is true about the game, Microsoft is not asking any one per say to buy the mount or any mount at all, it is there to who ever wants it and agrees on the set price.

Dont know why people are amazed because of this, WoW is now part of Microsoft and it was bought out because of a business model, so lets all get used to it.

lol this has been something I’ve been reading for the last 15+ years, ever since Vanilla WoTLK was over all the doomsayers calling WoW to sink.

Just as well as any new MMORPG was being called the WoW killer.

:joy:

the sad part is you buying it. you’re literally the problem and the reason that they think it’s ok to do this.

Poor ppl should be happy. They can spend all their life farming gold to give me for tokens to get the mount

Poor people don’t care about a 90$ mount, we’re laughing at people who pay for it, and I’m laughing at the people upset by it. This isn’t the first blemish on a pure game so argument doesn’t exist

You know, people have been joking about blizzard releasing the mount on trading post, but I think this is a great idea. Give us a sick trading post dinosaur without the riders and people will be happy again.

Thats not even true though. I couldn’t buy that new fox pet through the launcher because it was bugged. Had to go to the website.

• People who can’t afford to shell out $90 expressing bitterness.
  • People who believe Blizzard should be channeling its time and resources into fixing the game first instead of making store mounts.
  • People who think this is another step in the direction of WoW turning into pay-to-win/play.
  • People trolling because they enjoy hysterics.
  • People getting caught up in the drama by responding to any and all of the above.

I likely missed a few more reasons, but there you go.

“Why are people so upset at new ah mount?”

Because it reaffirms what we already know about this games development and the majority of people who play it. None of which is any good.

For me at least, others probably have their own reasons.

LOl well you know it is getting bad over at Blizz when the cash shop starts bugging out. That is probably one of the few ways to get fired. :rofl:

Yes, blizzard is incompetent. This is nothing new.

I don’t get the outrage either.
Is it expensive? Absolutely.
Am I going to buy it? Nope.

But I did buy the Fireplume set while on sale for $10.

What I have or can not have or especially what others can have has never been a bother to me.

95% of forum posters never worked a day in their lives, and if they did it was a stint flipping burgers. It’s 100% anger that they want such convenience but cannot afford to pay for it, so everyone who is successful and has money and a good job should feel bad for buying it. Though this isn’t new behavior like one of the previous posters said, it’s been happening since money was a thing.

1 Like

Honestly no idea. So long as cash shop items are cosmetics and reasonable convenience, why should anyone care? If whales want to buy the stuff, go for it; they support a game that I play with no effort on my part.

1 Like

Anyone that enjoys wow should be very happy about others paying for game development via miceotransactions for cosmemetic items.

It costs between 1/3 to 1/4 of the original AH mount with in-game currency. Kind of hard to call the price “extreme” when it’s literally cheaper to buy with in-game currency than it’s predecessor.

With the WOW Token so normalized there’s little difference between a $90 mount and a 2 million gold item.

Every single thing you spend gold on in game you’re essentially paying cash for. That includes your crafting mats and raid consumes.