Why are people excited for the stress test?

Read the fine print. I missed it on the first go too, but it says after the test you can play until thursday.

Iā€™m already in the beta and still super hyped about the stress test. Itā€™s a big community event, there will be a bunch of crazy nonsense going on, competitions to see who can manage to finish quests first amidst the chaos, duels all over the place, whatā€™s not to look forward to?

And on top of it all, youā€™re helping blizzard gather precious data to make the launch a smooth and enjoyable experience.

Some of us have been waiting 10+ years for Blizzard to bring back Vanilla. Participating in the beta or the stress test is a chance for us peons to feel like we are contributing in some small way to the effort.

Considering that there have been WELL over 100 million account created over timeā€¦ for 3.5 million to show up would only take less than 3% of those people to come back.

Keep in mind only about 300,000 players actually played at launch of Vanillaā€¦ thatā€™s all the actual discs pressed and sold. The remaining 7 million came afterwardā€¦ so there is 7 million who might want to play simply because they missed it the first time.

Then there are the X million BfA players (weā€™ll be nice and call it 3 million)that already have an active account. Surely weā€™ll see a million of those try it out?

Itā€™s gonna be BIG.

So no, thereā€™s no citation or known expected numbers.

Edit:

To clarify, Iā€™m not trying to say it wonā€™t be popular. Iā€™m not even necessarily saying that it canā€™t reach 3.5 million.

What my point was, and remains, was that spilling off numbers without any actual facts is at best irresponsible.

Literally literal overuse of the word ā€˜literalā€™ in replies, when in fact most comments are figurative in this ā€˜literalā€™ thread.

Do you Millennials not know any other word?! :crazy_face:

You do know that unless youā€™re younger than ~23, or older than ~38, youā€™re a millenialā€¦ right?

No, I live in a vacuum.

Spoken like a true Zoomer

Hey, to be fair, some people think ā€œMillenialā€ means ā€œBorn in 2000sā€.

I have no idea what this means, honestly. I donā€™t think about peopleā€™s age.

I tried that onceā€¦ but am allergic to dust.

1 Like

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

1 Like

I donā€™t know what ā€œzoomerā€ means. Does that clarify my statement? Iā€™m not trying to be difficult, I genuinely donā€™t understand what youā€™re trying to say.

My awareness of what millenial means is largely down to being told Iā€™m a millenial my entire life, even though Iā€™m now well into adulthood and still keep hearing it.

ā€œYouā€™re just a millenial.ā€ Maā€™am, Iā€™m 30 years old. ā€œYeah but you donā€™t get it.ā€ All right, what do I not get? ā€œIf you have to ask thereā€™s no hope for explaining it.ā€

Hence why Iā€™m aware of what millenial means. I donā€™t delineate peopleā€™s value or opinion based on their age, though. Only how they treat me or react to thing. If you act like millenial is a catch all for ā€œstupidā€ or ā€œbadā€ then Iā€™m not likely to engage with you.

For the same reasons Iā€™m not liable to engage with people in my age group who think that ā€œbaby boomersā€ are all horrible people who ruined the world. It easy to make sweeping judgments, but itā€™s not accurate.

Chalk it up to Pent up Enthusiasm and Exuberance. The PEE factor.

Why am I excited about being invited to the Stress test?

Simple, it gives me a short preview of what once was. Iā€™ve been cautiously hyped for Classic for a while now, considering that I only started playing in Cata, so I never played in the old world.

That andā€¦

in making sure that Classic might have a smooth(ish) launch come Aug 27th.

2 Likes

For me, at least, it isnā€™t just about being able to play vanilla WoW again a bit early. It is about contributing, in some small way, to making this game I love as good as it can possibly be. If Blizzard decides, eventually, that they need me as a tester, I will take to the job with gusto, but, for now, they just need warm bodies, and I am happy to help.

1 Like

which, ironically, real beta testers can log into the stress test during testing. but not visa versa. so a beta invite is being treated as -full access-.

If I got into stress test I would test different race class gender combos to see which animations I like best and also tune out the looks. Sure itā€™s not all that exciting. Even full beta ainā€™t that exciting. The truly exciting fruit hangs on the tree and drops in 96 days.

Iā€™m hyped for lvl 1 raid on Hogger Iā€™m gonna try to organize when I can get on :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I want to see what changes they are making to Classic from Vanilla.