Why are people excited for the stress test?

Because it’ll be fun!

1 Like

Just happy to be a part of the development process, no matter how little that part is, for a game I’ve been wanting to go back to since 2007.

4 Likes

so ill reiterate this point since it seems to be beyond people. im not against the stress test being a thing. im more asking what incentive is blizzard giving me to log on? So i can see a hogger raid? Or the 1st 5 lvls? So we can make sure lauch is smooth? it wont be smooth and thats okay. theres going to be a massive influx of people logging on at the same time. i probably wont play until day 3 tbh. but if you think this stress test will help them see anything about what launch will be like youre incredibly mistaken. they can shard 100 servers in to 5 separate pieces and still have massive issues. if they invited 20k people into this stress test it would still be <1% of predicted logins day one. this stress test doesnt really prove anything or help the game that much at all.

I don’t know about you, but I will be playing all classes until level 5. Not just to test for bugs, stability - but to also get a general intro to each class in the authentic environment.

blue posts have literally said being part of the stress test doesnt effect your status on getting beta

Doesn’t change anything. Still gonna be a bash. :slight_smile:

For me it’s actually a literal stress test for this 9 year old machine. Will probably make the difference whether I buy a new PC before Classic comes out or wait until around the holidays. That’s my big takeaway, not bad I guess. Better than nothing or just guessing it’ll run to some unknown better degree than retail.

I mean I’d love beta but this just happens to be a nice little service that I get to load the client and try it out on my machine at least. I’m actually way more psyched about it thusly than I would be otherwise.

4 Likes

literally the only response that makes a shred of sense

1 Like

Yeah at first I was like “why even bother” then I was like, “hey, you know . . .” :slight_smile:

THERE WILL BE BLOOD. huge raids

It helps Blizzard test their layering code.

It helps me to get an idea of what to expect when launch actually is here. I will be able to test, choose, and setup addons… saving the config files for launch.

I can practice getting the heck out of the starting zone asap. Do some timed runs.

There will also be two more stress tests… although it’s not clear, it’s likely if you were invited for it now… you will be able to test it then… and maybe they will offer higher levels, more time.

Last but not least… I just want to be a part of an amazing part of WoW History.

2 Likes

I’m just sad it’s only 2 hours long and I have to work. I was excited for the invite. Hopefully I get a beta or another stress test. This act been active since final beta of Vanilla. We shall see.

1 Like

Your incentive to log on is to stress test the servers. You keep saying that you care how the game performs on launch, but you clearly don’t. The only thing you care about is being some OG on Beta. If you don’t have the incentive to log on during stress tests, maybe this game isn’t for you.

People are saying it’s 26 hours long, actually. The stress test server doesn’t close down until day after.

1 Like

The invite says 4p-6p pst. Didn’t say anything about it staying open… Would like to see info saying otherwise

There is a confirmed Blue Post that the stress test will from from 4-6. The servers will remain open until 6pm the following day. This is confirmed.

2 Likes

I personally am excited to play the stress test because I want to see what launch will most likely look like for Classic. As well as it is important to help the team get their servers locked in so we don’t crash come launch day :smiley:

Correct. The two hour window is when Blizzard plans on gathering data and overseeing what’s happening. After that it’ll remain open for about a day, allowing you to level more alts to level 5. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you have a reference or citation for that “3.5 million” number? So far I haven’t seen much about what they’re expecting in terms of people on day one. 3.5 million would be quite an insane number. That’s about 43% of the total number of vanilla players before BC launched.

I’m not saying that it’s physically impossible but you’re talking about incredibly large numbers. It’s more than half of the last reported sub numbers. No private server has ever breached 15k concurrent, and even tallying all of them at once wouldn’t breach 150-200k. So…

Where are you getting this number?

It’s not a “waste of time”. It’s to ensure Classic has a smooth launch. If invited and you’re able to be on at 4-6PDT it’s your civic duty to log in and do your part.