Why are people being racist over

Sure it is, that’s the entire essence of “get over it.”

2 Likes

Who cares if they’re bothered by it?

It sounds like you’re just trying to use science in a video game to justify your racism. :woman_shrugging: That’s fine, you do you.

5 Likes

/agree 100%

Fake outrage over a big nothingburger.

There has always been dark skin tone options… The biggest issue with Human faces and most other racial faces is that they look the exact same. Who cares!?

2 Likes

Because of The Reason:

If there’s a divisive issue, trolls pounce en masse.

1 Like

They have it’s just they don’t want to truly admit because it doesn’t fit their delusional fantasy world. I mean if they branch off to other mmorpgs like GW2, FFXIV, ESO and etc. They already been at that level for years.

Oh, is that it? Someone understands issues more fully than you and they’re “racist”? Do you love to throw the racist card out at anything you don’t completely understand?

Did you miss the part where I said I am fine with the new appearances? Did you fail to comprehend that statement? Was it too complex for you?

The thing is: people want to keep the suspension of disbelief in a fantasy. Yes, it is “make believe”, but if something doesn’t mesh, then it takes people out of the story. Understanding why people feel that way doesn’t make me feel that way. But understanding other people doesn’t seem to be something you know anything about.

3 Likes

wow just got more woke…gg.

Why are you being sexist and claiming only males are immature? What about gals instead of guys?

5 Likes

I thought people were up in arms because we found those humans when we go to Azeroth’s version of Hell.

You seem a little heated over this discussion. It’s a pity that some peoples inability to suspend their disbelief keeps them from being able to enjoy something and makes them act crappy when other people wanna enjoy it.

1 Like

why are white/european the defaults outside of catering to majority white in the states and europe

1 Like

You’re right. I am getting a bit heated over it, trying to educate people who simply refuse to be educated.

2 Likes

That is because their side of the argument is bunk. It ignores the key lore point with the curse of flesh. We have all of these metal, stone, and earth constructs being turned from those elements to flesh but for some reason they did not keep their darker earth tones? Everyone was cursed with white flesh? It has nothing to do with them living in the north or whatever real life environmental adaption people are trying to use. It happened because it was curse and more skin tone should have been used from the get go.

Then you also have the camp of, “well Vikings”. To this I point to pandas, Taurens, Trolls, Orcs and the other races that use real world cultures for their inspiration but do not hold to have those races look like the races that inspired them.

2 Likes

Thanks for the lesson in maintaining an ethnostate.

1 Like

Well a human monk would make 100% more sense now :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Is the narrative really going to improve by adding these new options for humans? I don’t see why, beyond someone’s feelings, that they should be included. I also can’t imagine wanting to RP yourself in a fantasy setting since the object is to take on the role of something in that setting. What is really being improved here? Does it need to take priority over something else? Can we live without it?

1 Like

Sunday is tomorrow, champ.

Is it going to be altered in any way? I mean the same exact argument you used against them can be used for them.

2 Likes

Not really. If you’ll look again, I am not actually making an argument so much as asking you why it needs to be different beyond someone’s feelings. This is a company that is looking to make money. Why should they invest time and resources into something like this? What DOES get better? If there’s no real reason then why should it be included? There are tons of different options to choose from.

I thought we were our character, not our skin.

1 Like