Why are people being racist over

…the inclusion of black and Asian human options? It’s incredibly shallow and don’t come to me about BuT mUh LoRe. If you don’t like it, don’t play it? Some of you guys really need to mature up.

130 Likes

This thread is not going to go anywhere fun.

77 Likes

Implying that it was even going to take off.

2 Likes

You want the straight truth? Because the only people who want them are self-inserting as the most boring race in the game. If that’s what they want then I’m not going to kick up a fuss, but I feel like Warcraft would be better if humans weren’t even playable.

47 Likes

Well… to make the devil’s argument…

Why are they being included?

There isn’t any human colonies in azeroth that live or have lived separated from its main body for thousands of years to develop different physical traits.

All of humanity heralds from the eastern kingdom that doesn’t really lead to a lot of physical differences with such a condensed population.

That and people have simply had enough of sexual and racial politics and would kindly but firmly ask those trying to show it everywhere to get lost.

Edit: Correction there are the Vrykul/Titan servitors I forgot that they are the ancestors of humanity in WoW’s lore.

78 Likes

I don’t play a lot of human characters, but why does it hurt for some to want to self-insert? It really has no effect on other peoples game play if they’d like to play something a little closer to themselves. Lets be honest, us elves are the most stereotypical fantasy race. We’re not very exciting, we just have prettier models like most elves in most games and media too.

Also darker and more yellowish skin tones have always been in the game. They just haven’t been well done. The darkest skin tone right now for humans looks really muddy looking. It seems like they’re just cleaning up what’s already there.

36 Likes

They… are?

4 Likes

I dunno man, my racist grandparents took me to Disney World once and that was pretty fun

5 Likes

They’re being racist because they’re racist. What a concept, I know.

71 Likes

Hilarious coming from an elf, and yes, I realize I am playing one too. I don’t remember being able to summon demons, cast huge fireballs, or resurrect people from the dead as a human in real life. Humans in fantasy games are fine, loosen up the fedora.

32 Likes

Because racists can’t even look at different skin tones in a game without being triggered

92 Likes

This thread only gives those type of people attention.

I think the new additions are GREAT!!

17 Likes

0/10. You are either trying to hard, or not hard enough. Have yet to hear, or see anyone complain about the new character creation options.

24 Likes

I don’t really care about the reasons. More options = better. \o/

21 Likes

Then you’re not really looking at the forums and reading the comments in them regarding the human customization but that’s fine, play blind and then make claims.

6 Likes

Yeah and who would complain, the new models look awesome.

This twitter generation of, “OMG ONE PERSON SAID SOMETHING SO EVERYONE THINKS IT!”…

10 Likes

It’s simple really. Sometimes it’s nice to play a character that looks very similar to yourself. We don’t need to look any further, or make it more complicated, than that.

Besides I’m really hoping there is a nice Human face for me in there. The ones we have now are all ugly.

12 Likes

While I can understand that I don’t really agree that established lore should be butchered to serve that end…

It isn’t a big deal and lore has been butchered far,far,far,far worse but it still causes me a very slight annoyance.

One I will deal with and will likely not bother me more then a few seconds.

6 Likes

I haven’t read anything racist. Are you just making this topic up? Peolpe have seemed fine with it, particulatly because the face an hair on the models look amazing.

The only question is how does the lore handle these ethnicities? If they are retconned to have always been here, does that mean several important human NPC characters will be swapped? Or does each ethnicity have an area of Azeroth which they are centered? Interesting to consider the in-game direction.

18 Likes

Because humans are butt fedoras.

6 Likes