"Why are Night elf Fans so Angry"

Same. I just assumed there was a Worgen part to the story.

They set one up. You see the aftermath of these battles where you’re tasked to collect the dog tags of the fallen soldiers so we can remember their name and their sacrifice.

And because they’re bastards, even then you’ve Worgen waiting to attack. They used your own fallen brave as a booby trap. There is no honor here.

And I was so excited to see this storyline from the other side. They set it up. There’s some crack team of Worgen commandos doing all this cutthroat ish that you never confront nor even encounter who are obviously supposed to be PCs.

So when I wound up in Darnassus being asked to start the Darkshore questline I tabbed alt and started looking for the Worgen Silverpine quest.

It not existing didn’t even cross my mind. Surely I missed a quest giver or maybe it’s a higher level questline on their end?

I had to ducking hunt for Worgen content. It’s just ridiculous how little Blizz even seems to want them here.

I said it before but nothing hits the nail on the head more than my friend asking about the werewolf Druid form. We’d gotten to about level 70, and he had zero idea Worgen were a thing, because outside Tirisfal and Silverpine they barely come up in Horde questlines.

And the real kicker is its not much better on the Alliance.

9 Likes

And than too really solidify how much they truly didn’t want worgen as a playable race, they gave us the heritage armor quest that amounted to Human Potential is king baby!

And people still wonder why we say blizz hates the worgen community. How can anyone look at that quest line and think otherwise.

8 Likes

Mods. What even is that edit? Shall I go with meanine bobeanie in the future? Or is that too a touch insensitive to your new policy from the overlords?.

Tbh I’m just happy someone connected to the company is reading this.

The mods are weird, in how they’ll edit some posts, or outright ban you for 3 days for something the devs put in game, but get mad at us for talking the about lore implications of said thing

4 Likes

I mean then the Horde have lost nothing either. Want to see Sylvanas? go to phased UC. Want to see Thrall leading the Horde, go to Northrend. Want to see Saurfang? Go to Northrend.

As for “regrowth” you will probably get new characters that will replace Saurfang someday, won’t be the same character, but hey it wont be the same Teldrassil either.

2 Likes

Nooooo … :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

Simple answer: It was written to be morally ambiguous, but the writers later changed their approach and didn’t take the older quests out of the game. I don’t think we should be twisting ourselves in knots about it.

Honestly, to me this sounds like a case where there was a staff member who was really excited about worgen and put a lot of energy into their story … and then that person was moved somewhere else and no one else picked up the slack.

7 Likes

SAURFANG
VOL’JIN
SYLVANAS
NATHANOS
HILLSBRAD
ARATHI
SILVERPINE

I can understand. I am still worried there will be either Lightforged Undead or Night Elven Dark Rangers for the Alliance when 9.2.5 hits cause Ion was very evasive on an Allied Race question on their interview.

Opposite your opinion, many people didn’t like Saurfang any more because of his spotlighting with Anduin during BfA, and good riddance to Sylvanas and Nathanos.

2 Likes

All still in the game.

1 Like

You should learn to look at a mirror once in a while. Some introspection could do you some good.

6 Likes

LMAO; I love that he can’t take his own medicine.

6 Likes

Dreadmoore is the QuantumTV of the story forum

2 Likes

Dread comes in with his own headcannon and than tries to make them fact, when he gets shot down, he labels everyone else liars, and than proceeds to get even his own arguements wrong.

Saying he has issues, is frankly, being nice about it. :wolf:

1 Like

You can go to Teldrassil right now.
I can’t go find Saurfang.
You play at being intentionally obtuse because I’m correct, so you warp what is said because you can’t deal with it.

Furthermore, Saurfang is soul deleted.
BLIZZARD ALREADY TOLD YOU TELDRASSIL IS BEING REGROWN.
BLIZZARD ONLY NAMED THREE (3) NAMED VENDORS WHO DIED. EVERYONE ELSE CAN COME BACK.

2 Likes

Saurfang is in my trinket that dropped off Sylvanas. It’s a pretty amazing trinket actually, it gives me stam. Logistically Saurfang’s in the Maw, he died after the Arbitor broke. I like to imagine Sylvanas saved his soul and put it in the trinket but that’s unconfirmed headcanon at this point.

In all seriousness. It’s not just the night elves that are mad. We are all mad about retcons, favortism and unresolved plot, or rather, poorly resolved plot.

Yes you can! Go to Northrend, he is there.

8 Likes

It makes sense, tbh.
People like to pretend a sharp axe is why Broxigar slew an army so huge that he built a mountain and could attack Sargeras’s knee.
But if his stamina was low, he would’ve run out of stamina and died in the doing.
The axe could cut anything, but if Broxigar wasn’t amazing, it would’ve amounted to nothing, and Varok’s his bruder.

1 Like

Now that you mention it. I’m mad Broxigar was not even mentioned at all in Shadowlands.

Oh man, imagine the irony of it was Broxigar’s axe Saurfang put in Malfurians back?

Blizzard doesn’t give us fans emotional payoff and that’sca very important criticism of the writing.

4 Likes