Why are most people going to a PvP server? ⚔

I have always played PVE servers, havent really given much thought to changing that in classic.

After reading this thread some though, I may have to give it a try.

3 Likes

Pve Realms are boring in open world. No risk to reward or anything. So it is a snooze fest. PvP servers back in day were poping and fun at all times of the day.

2 Likes

cant imagine playing on a server where i wont be able to run into 2 (or more) guilds murdering eachother in blackrock mountain tbh

2 Likes

Right now with no raids to be really tested all there is on the beta is pvp.

They’ll all switch out and over to PvE servers when they start wanting to do dungeons and raiding. Why you ask? Because when they start doing BRD and figure out it’s an hour or more of corpse running before you even enter the dungeon from all the ganking outside they’ll give up fast.

Classic pvp servers was really for people who ONLY did pvp. You see posts here like, “BUT BUT BUT What do you do after you clear Naxx 40 the second week after it launches?!” Those kids never did classic raiding to know you don’t just gear up fast.

1 Like

Do you just make stuff up?

Found another kiddie who never played actual classic.

1 Like

i’ve played 14+ years on pvp servers- i can count on one hand the number of times i’ve been camped like your example.

it’s always humorous how pvers love making “this one time” sound like every time u step out of the city…

4 Likes

Good intel, thanks. The way some people post their relish for it stands out and gives a certain impression.

Then you chose your faction well.

Well then if ganking is so rare then there’s really no additional challenge to leveling on pvp servers then, is there?

I mean, pvp’ers can’t have it both ways. You can’t rationally argue on one hand that leveling on a pvp server is a more challenging experience, and then argue on the other hand that ganking almost never happens.

I agree with you. I’ve leveled on both types and found that ganking is very rare. That’s why when some pvp’ers came that pve is “carebear” or no challenge, I just lol.

Not about faction. There is not a single PvP server that has ever been constant ganking of all lowbies all the time. I don’t understand why people continue arguing this point. Even on a server like Emerald Dream, where it was considered one of the more ruthless, I still count the amount of times I’ve been camped on one hand. Over YEARS of playing. I was on the less populated faction that often got smashed on most Wpvp. Yet I still managed to get to max and play, farm, grind, etc without being ruthlessly camped on end.

Yes, this is anecdotal, but considering most of the PvP server players are offering similar stories, and the only ones suggesting otherwise are those that didn’t play on these types of servers, it’s pretty clear who’s more accurate.

2 Likes

There may be players that attract ganks like lightening rods attract voltage. I don’t know how it works, but some people, a few, always seem to bear the brunt of it. If you are one of those, well maybe PVE is more fun.

1 Like

Correct, it isn’t a single PvP server. It is all of them.

1 Like

This right here. Same experience for me. Pve players greatly exaggerate this aspect of world pvp.

It comes down to choice. Pvp servers provide most of what the world of warcraft offers in terms of pve and pvp. Nearly total immersion. Survival in a beautiful, dangerous world where there’s more than tigers running around in the jungle. Perhaps only a rp-pvp sever could do it better.

And pve servers offer full pve. You can fulfill all progression without having to deal with the other faction getting in the way, aside from occasional griefing and/or flag baiting. And you can still engage in tons of consensual pvp.

Pvp players for the most part feel, and can argue effectively, that pvp servers offer a better total gaming experience for both pve and pvp. Progression carry’s more weight and a greater sense of accomplishment when on a pvp server because of the challenges of the pvp server.

1 Like

Ah, reading comprehension. So, allow me to explain. If there isn’t a single one, that mean the collective of them include each of those singles, that don’t have it.

I have a bunch of red apples. You assume I have all green apples. I show you each apple, that are red and not green. But you say that it means nothing and all of them are green. See how silly that sounds?

1 Like

Well no, they can argue that for them personally a pvp server might be better, they can’t argue that it is better for anyone else. And people have given plenty of reasons why they find pvp servers worse in terms of immersion and progression for them personally.

Because objectively the only difference between a pvp and a pve server is that on a pvp server players of the other faction can be attacked without their consent. Other than that the two server types are exactly the same. So for someone who doesn’t care about wpvp a pvp server is actually a far worse chose.

Then simply disagree and move on? The idea of trying to put down the server and its players is a waste of time. And if they do it to you, ignore it. I’ll say it again(or it was in a different thread), two wrongs don’t make a right. Sitting here and suggesting something that isn’t true harms everyone. You may have robbed someone of the PvP server experience they would have enjoyed by scaring them away from it. Live and let live.

1 Like

Because they’re masochists.

1 Like

I agree now tell it to all the prima donna players from pvp servers who think they’re special just because they play on pvp servers and want to pretend any one who doesn’t sucks.

Some gamers will never be respected by others. It doesn’t help that they demand it. If that gamer needs to be respected, they have a couple options: adjust their needs to meet reality or . . . expect disappointment.

1 Like