Why are most people going to a PvP server? ⚔

For discussion:

Have you guys (particularly the go-along/get-along with the other faction types) not wondered about the official Blizzard /spit emote? Clearly the game developers intended (or at least expected) there to be rude expressions of animosity toward those of the other faction. We are not expected to be friendly to them. Still, /spit is so foul. . . . Goes to show you. War is ugly.

I guess, but the primary reason for ganking lower level characters after a server is long established is simply to start a war.

This is a long and prestigious business that MUST be continued.

After all, what one thing can rally the troops faster than a higher level character killing a lower level character in the most amusing way?

“Gonna get my main” happens first, then “gonna bring the guild” happens second, and it all goes crazy from there.

This is the path to GLORY!

3 Likes

Pve players over exaggerate what happens on pvp servers imo.

Perhaps the greatest experience we are getting back with classic servers is a return to server only communities. No arenas, rated battle grounds, random dungeons, and cross realm zones to draw you away from the world in world of warcraft.

Given that there will be no arenas, random dungeon finder, and rated battle grounds to occupy the best pvpers, they will be spending time out in the world right along side everyone else, including the dreaded gankers.

I posit that much of the gripe people have with ganking is a result of the introduction of the arena system, the random dungeon finder, rated battle grounds, and later cross realm zones. Because these systems left a void out in the world previously occupied by good pvpers, which was inevitably filled by gankers. Gankers who preyed on everyone else.

The good guys will be around nearby to regulate the bad guys on pvp servers.

3 Likes

You realize you can spit on people of your own faction as well?

Never tried it. Never used the emote myself. But I have been targeted by it in BGs and open world pvp of course. We are not expected to play nice in World of Warcraft.

As to spiting on members of my own faction . . . why on Earth would I do such a thing?

Considering using /spit in Classic. I need to think about it. Perhaps just before I cannibalize an Alliance corpse?

He’s not really worth my time. There’s so many others like that on these forums, I just scroll past them with a flick or two of the fingers and read the posts that interest me.

2 Likes

PvP is fun, homie

2 Likes

You’re welcome to come join the WoW Classic Oceania Discord (Nina sent you!)
https://discord.gg/3jX9s3H

You go ahead and have fun with that. That style of play just isn’t for me anymore.

1 Like

I look at WPvP as a special event happening all around.

Example
Long time ago in darkshire there were two brothers. They were on adventure, one was a hunter, the other a mage. Not Very experienced or known about(level 30). They were out killing enemies in the area.

Then an announcement came out darkshire is being attacked and not before long yells and screams of a powerful lock is destroying darkshire(level 46 or 48).

So, the brothers started towards darkshire, thinking of a plan on how to take this undead lock out.

They finally arrive on the outskirts of town fellow adventures running in different directions and one is saying run.
The unease feeling crept into both brothers and they continued cautiously. They spotted the undead lock on his death of a horse.

The battle rage on for a while. The hunter and mage new if the lock hit them they were dead. the fight crept on and the lock started back peddling out of the town. The villagers start assisting the two adventures before long the lock was defeated by two nobodies this continued about two more times.

High level killing low level players but the hunter became the hunted.
I like be WPvP it’s like unforeseen things will occur in the game. It’s an amazing feeling being apart of that.

Hopefully people will do what they use’d to do back then.
Attack npcs in a town 3 60s swoop in and a level 40.
You start fighting them to death.

That’s the whole point of PvP servers. Creating social interactions with your faction and the enemy faction.

1 Like

because pve realms are hello kitty island adventure

2 Likes

I rolled a PvP server the very first time I played. Nordrassil EU. I got to level 13 then rerolled to PvE where I remained. I just cannae do PvP pet.

Spending 2hrs resurrecting in different locations to escape someone who keeps killing you and is ‘??’ 40 levels above you is not a social interaction :P.

4 Likes

To the point one could only wish there would be a way to speak to your own faction and guild in order to call for help, right?

Edit: Why would you realize at level 13 you cannot PvP? None of the zones for leveling before 15 are contested?

I didn’t give any reason as to why I rereolled :-P.

I rerolled because I went to work one day and found a super secret in the shadows group of colleagues who played WoW and I wanted to be with them on their server.

PvP servers are just a lot more exciting and fun. The horror stories you hear of people getting camped for hours on end are mostly hyperbole.

If somebody tried to camp me I would get some friends, just change zones, or go play an alt. It’s not that big of a deal to me.

1 Like

PvP servers promote more cooperation with members of your faction. It’s like, if we head out in an unknown and unfriendly place, it pays to bring friends.

1 Like