Why are most people going to a PvP server? ⚔

Honest and curious question.

What’s the real reason to go to a PvP server? To relive the Vanilla experience?

Why aren’t more players considering a PvE realm? Thoughts?

9 Likes

because right now the only people on those servers are streamers and they need to keep their viewership high.

25 Likes

I even noticed in certain Discords for recruitment they are advertising they’ll be on a PvP server. Very… very few… if any have been advertising as starting on a PvE realm.

8 Likes

I guess the pvpers are more organised then? Personally I’ll be starting a guild on the OCE pve server simply because I don’t have the same amoutn fo time to spend getting ganked and counter-ganking.

29 Likes

this post got over 170 likes… i bet you click on the replies to find out why…

180 Likes

Because there is 75% more content.

88 Likes

The player vs. player interactions are stimulating and entertaining. It introduces an additional level of difficulty to everything you do. This is partly why there’s a huge desire for an RP-PVP server atm.

You never know what might be behind those trees in STV/over the hills in Tanaris/etc.

102 Likes

Oh nice you are OCE too :blush: didn’t notice until I read your comment. I plan on also starting on the OCE PvE server.

2 Likes

It’s amazing how much more enticing PVP servers are without the threat of 60’s making appetizers out of your lowbie.

17 Likes

Players miss out on a big chunk of content (wpvp) if they play on a pve server and to many that player dynamic keeps things fresh and interesting as if you are in an actual world. It’s understandable why some don’t want their game interrupted by other players but surely you can see the appeal in the other side as well?

29 Likes

I aint scared of 60s. I camped alliance in duskwood as a 45 undead rogue back in burning crusade and managed not to die to level 70 alliance.

4 Likes

because open world is big, slow and dangerous. And this is perfect environment for wpvp and ganks.

10 Likes

I’m rolling on a PvE servers as I really don’t like to pvp and if I do, I can always run a BG(when they are available).

31 Likes

Because PvP is more than half the fun of Vanilla. What is the point of getting badass gear if you cannot roll over people?

I personally don’t care about fairness, honor or arbitrary things like that. Who cares honestly, it’s a video game. You win, or you die; you start over and forgot about it no matter what.
Battlegrounds are fun for a moment, but World PvP is about the community. If you are losing, bring some friends. If you are winning, they will bring some friends and a huge battle can start.

PvP Servers are where the fun at.

56 Likes

I guess because right now the streamers are on pvp servers. However during vanilla pve servers were over all more populated so we’ll see how it shakes out in classic.

7 Likes

Can we stop with this argument “Because streamers are on it” … It’s absolutely ridiculous. Before the beta starts, all the polls done by the community showed that the biggest portion would roll on PvP server.

And in Vanilla, I am fairly sure PvP servers were already more popular than PvE.

49 Likes

This is my thinking too. If I want to PvP I’ll do some BGs and I plan on doing so but out in the world I don’t want to PvP.

11 Likes

They weren’t, a majority of people were playing on pve servers at the time, and in general always have.

12 Likes

Because world pvp is actually fun in vanilla… When you actually might recognize who you see in the world and can actually hunt people who have wronged you the hell down without them portal hopping, xrealming, or just flying away to avoid you.

23 Likes

Congratulations. You camped players 20 levels below you using a stealth class while anyone who’s a threat to you is in Outand. Your trophy should arrive sometime next week.

66 Likes