Why are most people going to a PvP server? ⚔

How could we not think everyone who plays on a pvp server is just a ted bundy wanna be?

4 Likes

This is a game. Are you this afraid in life?

1 Like

How do you guys not see you are proving all the arguments against the PvP community with your continually goading responses? This is what PvP is all about - dominating and beating others.

That’s fine and all - I actually like it because the servers act as automatic filters for undesirables and griefers, keeping them away from the PvE community for the most part - but the consistently general inability to reflect in you guys just boggles me.

5 Likes

Because the game is about pvp. It’s world of warcraft not team up to fight raid boss #112

1 Like

And you prove all the things we say about PVE players - you are thin skinned and conflict averse. Fortunately there is a choice.

1 Like

… and the irony just keeeeeeps on coming.

5 Likes

Maybe, just maybe, They like WPvP? Isn’t that like asking why someone like PvE?

When I used to be on a PVP server if I saw a horde I would always attack and kill them. But never camp them… but that’s just me.

2 Likes

I’m rolling PvP for the endgame. Nothing tops the epic battles between 3 or 4 guilds in Blackrock Mountain or at the gates of AQ when everyone’s getting ready for a raid. Forget AV, if you want epic PvP go to MC on a Wednesday night on a populated PvP realm.

The friends and rivals you make in world PvP is part of what makes Vanilla so amazing, in my opinion. You can build a reputation on the other faction as a terror of lowbies, or make people scared to enter a specific zone because they know you might be lurking, waiting for unsuspecting victims.

1 Like

You keep saying Carebear, and I would like to know which Carebear? Because I call Bedtime Bear, because naps rule

3 Likes

That’s a gross exaggeration of the PvP server community in Vanilla, and probably in Classic… Often made friends with opposite faction players over the conflict that occurred in Vanilla.

When I played PvE, the opposite faction may as well have been NPCs.

I’m starting to be swayed toward the opinion that PvE players are the people with the social dysfunctions.

3 Likes

OCE here too…
You’re words are what lots of us are thinking. You looking at Horde or Ally?

1 Like

i’m certified. =]

hell, there’s times i wish i could kill the same faction’s idiots…

1 Like

It’s called World of Warcraft, not World of WhenEverIFeelLikeItCraft.

PvP is the canonical server type, you gank or you get ganked, rules of the jungle. OOGA BOOGA.

1 Like

same here. i’ll kill but never camp, unless it’s someone that’s done it to me first. hell, there’s a lot of times i help instead of attacking them… especially lower lvls.

1 Like

That’s what I love to hear and why I play on PvP. Yeah it shows how horrible it can be, but that ability to be horrible is what allows people to show they are truly honorable. If I meet you on the field of battle, it will be an honor.

2 Likes

You best bet is to report all of that person’s posts as harassment and trolling (because that is all they do), and ignore them.

I’ve already added them to the list in the WoW forum Ignore Chome addon I coded for myself (no, I’m not sharing.) It’s great for not seeing posts by certain shaman, certain cocktail-drinking troll warlocks, and others that have constantly harassed me and other people that will enjoy both Classic and retail.

THat mage is one of those that show why WoW PvP players have a terrible reputation in the gaming community.

1 Like

Look at the attitudes of most of the PvP players in this thread. You’ll get your answer pretty quickly.

3 Likes

Hahaha… I’m flattered. Thank you!