Why are most people going to a PvP server? ⚔

Not wanting your PvE experience to be interrupted is just another way of syaing what i said. Casual.

If you’re going to repeatedly use trigger words in order to incite a response at least make it a little less obvious…

1 Like

yeah, i don’t have any friends that play on PvE servers so i haven’t had to deal with that myself. But you find your own, ya know…

it shouldn’t be a trigger word, it’s just my opinion. i said you don’t want to risk deaths, don’t want to be contested for resources, don’t want the world to feel dangerous, you know looking over your shoulder… and he said i don’t want my pve experience interrupted. that’s the same thing i just said with less words.

Yep, bad DLC that I wouldn’t pay extra for :stuck_out_tongue:

/shrug you keep saying that but I don’t think you understand what hardcore means.

I can play casually on a pvp realm, since of course in WoW dying in the open world has no real consequences. Especially from pvp since wpvp has so little meaning you don’t even take gear damage.

The worst you do is waste my time, not prevent me from leveling or getting to a dungeon or what not.

True, that’s why i like to get people low and CC them into mobs and let the mobs get the kill to inflict durability damage.

This is why I don’t play on a PvP server. The only reason to do WPvP is to want to do it, which is why I think people were throwing around the term “sociopath” earlier. Because in order to enjoy WPvP you have to enjoy causing other people misery, because that’s the only thing you’re getting out of it really. Not saying anyone here is a sociopath just saying that’s probably the logic train they were following.

Now, I do like BGs. Why? Because they’re somewhat organized objective based battles where both teams have the same goal. WPvP by contrast is just nonsense. If WPvP was a D&D alignment it would be straight up chaotic evil, and some people like that and more power to you, but I like structured PvP. Not saying one’s better or worse that’s just my preference.

I will say, the ONLY gratifying thing I’ve experienced on a PvP server is when someone opens up on you and you still take them out. That feels good, and is what often happens bc I rarely initiate, I always just want to be left to my own devices, which at that point why bother with a PvP server in the first place if my total aim is to avoid it as much as possible?

5 Likes

Yep, and every pvper does that?

If enough of them didn’t have that attitude it wouldn’t have become an attitude commonly associated with pvp servers.

Sounds like not every pvper does it then. Now we’re making progress.

Wow. You’re like those bots on reddit that correct someone every time they use the wrong form of “there”. Except you’re not a bot so it’s worse.

1 Like

Nope, I just don’t like someone telling me how I’m enjoying the game when I’ve said over and over again in many threads how I enjoy the game.

I’m trying to get people to stop using blanket statements and absolutes because then we might actually be able to talk to each other instead of typing the same rigid arguments over and over again.

2 Likes

If you want to talk about not making blanket statements talk to your fellow pvpers who keep claiming that the only real way to experience WoW is on a pvp realm, or that they’re better players just because they played on a pvp realm or that anyone who plays on a pve realm is just a bad casual.

I’ll get to them in time. Is this an excuse for you to keep doing this though?

Edit: I think it’s dumb to claim you can only do wow on pvp realms by the way. I’ve done both. But I do think there is merit to it making me a better player. Not sure about anyone else.

1 Like

So to summarize this thread:

6 Likes

And that’s great if you think playing on a pvp server improved your skills more power to you.

I’m referring to the people who can easily find in this thread claiming that playing on a pvp server automatically makes you a better player and to hear them say it a better person.

1 Like

I suck at PvP…I really want to play on a PvE…guess I’ll have to see what guilds crop up. I’d like to raid.

1 Like

This. If there was no PvP I wouldn’t even care about vanilla. Vanilla PvE is literally brain dead and boring af.

1 Like

Agreed. This is my experience allegedly playing on a private PvP server (because that is the only type of server available). I really think those people have to not only be chaotic evil but of a lower intelligence, too, because they are not only hurting the progression of the person who is trying to do quests and level, but they are hurting their own progression just as much by wasting time ganking people. I just don’t get it.

I understand BG’s. There are goals and objectives and rewards. But what does a 60 rogue gain by sitting in the Inn in Orgrimmar all day and ganking every lowbie that hearths in? I have to run over and stand by Saurfang for 5 minutes every time I hearth to let my flag drop off or I get gutted by a rogue while trying to clear my bags or check AH. It’s all just a huge waste of time, IMO.

And yes, the counter to that is don’t get on a PvP server if you are not chaotic evil and don’t enjoy that type of nonsense. Agreed. I’m so glad Classic will have PvE servers.

1 Like