Why are most people going to a PvP server? ⚔

So a lot of people seem to mis the point of warcraft, it’s about horde vs alliance not pvp. Horde vs alliance is alive and well on a pve realms and has little do with pvp.

1 Like

WarCraft hasn’t been about Horde vs. Alliance since WarCraft II. Blizzard trying to shoehorn that specific conflict in when the story has developed beyond it is one of the main reasons the writing is so very terrible.

3 Likes

The WC3 campaigns were a little more granular but still generally followed horde vs alliance themes.

No? The main campaigns were about the mortal races, Horde and Alliance, uniting to defeat the Burning Legion, and the Founding of Orgrimmar campaign was about Daelin Proudmoore - and by proxy the Horde vs. Alliance conflict - being a relic of the past. And “The Frozen Throne” had pretty much nothing to do with Horde or Alliance at all.

1 Like

No, it’s completely true. Watch streamers prowl and gank and then laugh at the players they kill, calling them terrible players. That’s not fun.

Well we did not unite until the last couple missions before that, we would fight each other.

Open war though, wouldn’t have been possible at that point, That version of the Horde was too new really, Daelin Proudmoores thing was the last remnants of the Orcish Horde/Alliance conflict, and after that we entered the Cold War state we were in until BfA.

It increases immersion as it’s WARcraft, PvE servers are missing the War component of the game.

omg this is hilarious. I’m afraid of pvp because I wanted to play with my friends who were already on a pve server.

You are a master psychologist!

As alliance can I just walk into Orgimmar? As horde can I just run into IF? Nope? Sounds like there’s plenty of war.

it’s ok if you can’t understand what PvE is missing.

It’s okay if you think pointless ganking is actual war.

Pointless ganking is closer to actual war than you might imagine.

It’s not about ganking. You have a game, the PvE version suppresses a component of it. PvE is litterally a reduced version of the game. Not everyone likes PvP so they struggle to understand what they’re missing out on.

I think they understand what they’re missing out on just fine: a portion of the game they don’t personally enjoy. You’re the one who seems to be having trouble understanding why not everyone enjoys PvP servers.

1 Like

No i get it, PvE is the casual version. not everyone has a lot of time so they don’t want to risk deaths, don’t want to have to compete for resources, don’t like that sense of danger in the world, etc… i get it.

1 Like

Or it’s more that WoW has always been a PvE game at heart and I don’t need or want my PvE interrupted for no reason. The extent of the difference between pve and pvp realms is players of the opposite faction can attack you without your consent, I miss out on nothing.

1 Like

If you keep saying that maybe someday it will be true.

You say you get it but then you spout a lot of words that indicate that you don’t actually get it.

ok let’s use your mind set you miss out on nothing PvE is not a reduced version of the game PvP is more like a game with a bonus DLC.

You still don’t get it.

Out in the real world, some of us know people that we call “friends”. And often we play online games with those “friends”.

And sometimes we make sacrifices so that we play with those “friends”. Sometimes that means we play on a pve server because some people aren’t interested in getting ganked and everyone else says, “fine… we’ve done this before so we KNOW there is plenty of world pvp on pve servers, so we have no problem playing on a pve server”