Why are most people going to a PvP server? ⚔

In Classic, PvP was amazing, good in BC, and alright in WotLK. Any other expansion I’d play PvE.

Playing PvE in Classic would be missing out on an aspect of the game that truly was fully in its prime, every class felt extremely viable and fun to play against other players in their own way.

Except rolling on a pve server does not mean you are missing out on world pvp. It happened all of the time on pve servers.

So really it just means you are missing out on getting ganked while leveling, and ganking others while they are leveling.

2 Likes

False. So many times refuted and no one listens.

4 Likes

I’ve played both. You can’t refute my actual experience.

Then say “in my experience” rather than making blanket statements.

1 Like

Because in my heart of hearts I am Horde.

Lok’Tar Ogar!

Some would say the true end game is PvP. When you clear Naxx and have full bis gear, and are done with the grind of PvE, where do you go (besides alts)? The true end game is PvP (specifically world PvP). That’s where the game will always be fresh, exciting, and a challenge.

Challenge assuming you are fighting equally geared people or multiple people at a time.

Every statement people make in this thread about the merits of pvp are OBVIOUSLY subjective and (hopefully) based on their experience

That’s why I say “somewhat”. Your kit won’t change, and neither will the battlefield. That part will get stale.

Your opponents, on the other hand, won’t get stale. Once you beat their strategies, they come up with new ones. That makes you come up with new ones . . . which makes them come up with new ones, etc. True, the strategies start out broad and eventually get so refined that you only see minute changes; which will turn a lot of people off.

But this back and forth of play and counter-play is why StarCraft: Brood War is still played professionally and leisurely today – despite being the exact same game for over 20 years.

I grant you that Classic PvP will continue to appeal to an ever smaller audience. But it’s dynamic enough that the appeal will still be there. Especially compared to PvE, where there’s only so many ways to keep your 101st clear of Naxx fun and engaging.

My chances of getting a high pop server with a heavy Horde population are higher on PvP servers, so that’s basically it. wPvP is take or leave it with me, doesn’t bother me too much as actual corpse camping while leveling is not going to be devouring my playtime. If leveling on Nost during its peak population-wise was doable without major leveling disruptions, doing so in Classic will be even better. If there ends up being a Horde-leaning PvE server, I’d consider it, and I’ll probably put my Alliance alts on a PvE server.

I rolled on a PvE server… logged in one day to find it had been merged into a PvP server. Why? Because the PvE server was slower? No… because they wanted fresh meat on their server… many of which just logged out and never to return.

Same server that I mentioned earlier with two high levels griefing Menethil and Duskwood. So they can have it. I logged out and won’t be back.

I’ve seen way too many claiming to speak for everyone in this forum to make that assumption these days. Your statement was pretty cut and dried as well. You didn’t say “so really it just means I’m missing…”. You say say “you are missing”. Telling others what their experience will be.

All I can do is respond to what I’m reading.

But the same argument can be made about raiding that you just made about pvp.

As players gear up, different raid strats and comps become viable and you start doing the fights differently. Oh, your geared warrior wants to tank without a shield for higher dps? ok, let’s try it.

oh, you want to see if we can 3-man Onyxia now? ok, let’s try it.

All of the metas in pve AND pvp change as players gain more experience, competence and gear.

And since you can always do world pvp on pve servers, you’re not really missing out either way.

So apparently Blizzard is playing on those servers, and are terrible camping gankers that wanted your PvE server to be their prey. (Look at what you’ve implied and consider maybe reading what you post one time before posting it.)

Might have to put you in the troll category at this point. /farewell

Sorry you feel that way… But I’m not degrading it… it’s actually full of alliance and horde /hugging. Just not my type of faction conflict, is all.

Nothing you posted made any sense whatsoever. But I appreciate your efforts and respect your farewell!

1 Like

You implied that your server was merged because ‘they wanted fresh meat’. Who is they? The pvpers(Who don’t control server merges) or Blizzard(the company, which are generally not playing on a random low-pop server that’s merging)?

I’d dare say what you’re suggesting is false, considering they locked PvE and PvP servers away from each other for so long. Highly doubtful they’d merge one of each together. So yeah. Troll. Offering nothing constructive or positive. Please stop spreading misinformation.

2 Likes

o.O huh???

Thank you for pointing that out. I fixed it.

1 Like

It comes down to fear, and the lengths you’ll go to deny/justify it. Simply accept PvP for what it is, or hide. It’s that simple. You can only lie to yourself for so long, until you consciously realize you’re hiding. You can make up more lies to tell yourself, but you already know they’re lies when you tell them to yourself.

1 Like