Why are casuals paying for the 1% forced ‘Raid or die’ in shadowlands?

Because i love roleoplaying with my friends and sometimes running dungeons?

I just want to know why blizzard is trying to force cancer raiding on individuals like myself who only care about casual pvp, and yes you do need the best gear for this content or your just going to get blown up by dragon slaying retards.

2 Likes

If we did, we’ld have to start counting in resets.

Sadly it seems that doesn’t account for much anymore.

You are going to get blown up by the cancer rated players too. You know, the ones that farmed Conquest to get the better PvP gear, or those that put more effort into learning how to counter how you play. Which is unfortunately an unchangeable side-effect of casual PvP. Legion tried to have templates, but that hurt PvP since gear being a non-factor made progressing through PvP feel pointless. BFA tried fixing that by scaling, but again, it hurt PvP as you actively punished yourself if you crossed that fine line.

I didn’t realise c uc kery was so normalised that people now just drop it in casual conversation. You also forgot to mention what your wife’s boyfriend thinks about the topic

Since guilds and businesses started selling mythic raid spots, mythic raid achievements or deeds other than the world first doesn’t really carry as much weight anymore.

1 Like

Luckily I have logs to help support my claims usually. Just have to screenshot and put in the folder named “For Future Forum Proof”.

From what I’ve seen nobody’s being forced to do anything yet. I take it that this is because of the M+ loot nerf because I can’t see any other changes that would make players think that the sky is falling. Which from my point of view it isn’t.

Fair enough. But dont you agree that the GAP between gear is TOO BIG. Even Venruki admitted this. Pre-BFA, A SKILLED PvP player was able to beat people with the highest gear through SKILL. This is not the case anymore, if Venruki(arguably the best PvP player ever) cant beat someone in top mythic gear with gear similar to a casual player their is a SERIOUS problem with the system imho.

they are changing this in shadowlands or at least claiming to. thats part of why they added the “fun” version of torghast you can play infinately alongside the daily grindy one
so players can just have fun with it if they want, this is also why they added alot of the more fun abilities like the fox transformation that isnt really all that useful but boy is it gonna be fun to run around as a vulpera in cities as a spirit fox

If only the 1 % are mythic geared then a vast majority of the time you are fighting people with the same gear level.

1 Like

This would be true if raid carries/sales weren’t rampant.

Yep and now we know why the game is raid or die. Blizzard needs those token sales.

1 Like

I’m sorry have I missed YOUR original excuse other than how it makes you suck in world pvp?

Hardly original. People have been griping about world pvp for years. You haven’t given one substantial reason why casuals should get end level gear … and definitely not one that’s going to make Bliz change it’s mind (thank the Gods).

I’ll give you one point: outdated talking points. Yours are relatively new since you just came out of BfA where gear was handed to you for no effort. BfA: worst expansion in the game’s history.

You did manage to get another “tryhard” in your last post. Congrats … most of us know that’s your real vent. Your inferiority and insecurity are showing … hardcore.

Sucks to be you, brah. Go play another game. You won’t be missed.

3 Likes

I don’t think the gap has necessarily been as large as people are saying it was throughout history, apart from maybe Vanilla where you could literally one-shot players if you were in full Naxx gear. The problem also, isn’t the gap itself(as it does have to exist), it’s how they’ve removed the differences between PvP gear and PvE gear. Understandably they want to make it possible for a mainly PvE player to step into PvP just as easily as a PvP player can step into PvE(skill not withstanding). There has to be a power difference between the two that is made up for via other means. Like, if the new SL PvP trinket set bonus was spread along each PvP piece. I.E. With full PvP gear you’ld get a bonus 30% effectiveness of vers in BG’s, arenas, and WM; dropping by 2% or 3% each piece you are missing.

Just for gear comparisons:
Honor: 191
Normal/Conquest/M15: 200
Heroic: 213
Mythic/M15(Vault): 226(233 with CE)
Which puts honor gear at a 30% deficit between base gear and it’s fully leveled counterpart and a 20% between fully leveled honor gear and high end mythic.

On another note, it’s sounding like we’re comparing high end mythic to starting blues. Of course there’s going to be a gap, especially as the expansion progresses. It’s just something we’re all going to have to deal with.

This is why some are pissed about politics in trade chat. Their sales advertisements for mythic raid runs get lost in the flood of back and forth political garbage. lol

1 Like

People still subscribe to trade chat? I unsubbed from it 4 years ago, and believe me, nothing of value was lost.

I’d say way more than 1% are really geared due to how m+ has been spewing out gear

The evolution of Ralph:

1. Posting about how no one should buy Shadowlands while posting on a Pandaren DK
  2. Posting about how people should play Shadowlands and being anti-systemlands detractors
  3. Posting pro-casual about how people should play Shadowlands because it caters to upper levels of play.

Can you pick a gimmick and stick with it?

3 Likes

What if someone said
Max iLvl gear is for mythic and rated arenas and you rly need to accept that

2 Likes

You can have decent gear, just not the best for doing non challenging content. It’s not hard to understand tbh

1 Like