Why are casuals paying for the 1% forced ‘Raid or die’ in shadowlands?

Are you really implying that LFR killed WoW?

1 Like

WQ’s are just altered dailies…
LFR has been around since cata…
Those are like the 2 things Blizzard has pandered to casuals for since cata.

1 Like

Not LFR itself, but the rise of EZ EpicZ and “catchup” mechanics did.

It gutted and neutered content and made WoW into a one raid game.

2 Likes

It’s laughable that you keep saying this. NEWFLASH: I was as casual as could be in BFA. I just think gear in an MMO should be earned in groups. Not handed out to solo players.

Putting the best gear back in raids is the first step in the right direction.

Do you know what the biggest reason for the “ease” of gearing is now?

The time it takes to level to max is magnitudes lower.

1 Like

That’s a stretch if there ever was one… how does a casual getting outdated gear and ilvls ruin the game again?

2 Likes

It becomes a game of play the patch and not play the expansion. That’s how it ruins the game. Catch up gear invalidates the entire game before it.

Less people to sell boosts to, hurts their profits.

3 Likes

Would you stop spouting nonsense?

1 Like

Because it makes all the content outside of that one raid a joke or a ghost town.

Because what everyone wanted to have to do is spam Dazar’alor on every active character weekly for all of 8.1 until 8.2, when it’s time to spam Eternal Palace. Fun.

2 Likes

Sounds like you have a short attention span. Maybe you should play fortnite.

1 Like

People who raid normally are most likely far past that content anyways, even on their alts. I don’t see who it hurts except maybe returning players and casuals that haven’t seen it yet.

1 Like

An ad hominem for a good point. A fair trade.

1 Like

You want instant gratification. I just recommended a game suited to that playstyle.

Do I really want instant gratification or do I want to prevent Naxx 40?

1 Like

Honestly believe you do.

LFR exists so Naxx 40 will never happen again. You just won’t get mythic loot from it. Deal with it.

1 Like

I’m literally saying that your wish to heavily gatekeep gear is going to impact high-end raiding most of all.

1 Like

Gatekeep…lol What a buzzword. Everyone has the same opportunities to raid and get gear.

Not everyone has the same opportunity to veg out playing WoW for 40 hours weekly, though.

2 Likes