Why are casuals paying for the 1% forced ‘Raid or die’ in shadowlands?

Why is it that pvp has been neglected for so long yet I have to pay a sub to pvp so people can do pet battles

1 Like

Who you callin filthy? I took a bath this week! Don’t make me clear this AFK flag!

This is in the mind of a raider. There’s more content in the game than raids, by the way.

what type of content do you need mythic level gear for if you won’t be raiding above lfr or doing rated pvp? you need mythic gear to pet battle or run random bgs now?

This is flawed logic. Any game you purchase has an end game and some people buy games to never reach it. It’s the devs job to make a fun game, not a game ANYONE can complete.

While I agree with ya in many ways I think one of the things that a lot of people play WoW for is the difficult content that feels rewarding. I would prefer if we could max out our gear in less troublesome ways even if it took far more time compared to the players completing Mythic raids but I also think it’s nice that you are rewarded for pushing yourself. The game has always been this way, with the best equipment coming from raids or high rated PvP.

My only real issue with the current gearing system is how bad it is for PvP, mainly for the people that only play random BG’s. I would say outside of that I don’t think it really matters much and I love the SL changes.

You do though buddy. You get the gear you work for, not always the best for PvP but outside of that the system works fine. You don’t need the best gear in the game if your not doing that content.

As for solo queing, you can get BiS gear by doing that. It helps if you have friends and join a guild yeah, but at least with M+ going solo is fine if you put in the work. When I invite people to my M+ groups I check if they have done that key or other keys in at similar level and check their item level to make sure it’s not too low for that key level. When a new season starts or if I play a new character I will work my way up through the content and prove to others I’m able to perform well while also gearing up.

Raiding is a little harder as people tend to prefer inviting the over geared players that are always signing up. A good tip I have found while joining raids alone was to look for guild groups. most of the raid should know what they are doing or explain the fights if people don’t, they tend to be more friendly too. I find it’s very common for them to invite the random players to the next raid night too if they are interested and things go well, take them up on the offer.

As for PvP, yeah your not rewarded anymore that much in BG’s. Well kind of but the amount of time taken is too long considering you can be facing players in the best gear while your stuck in honor gear or worse. It’s suposed to be the casual content of PvP to get you started but unlike with Raiding or M+ you are faced with situations (players) that will have much stronger equipment. Things are fine in arena with the rating system though.

Maybe not mythic but if you are under the Heroic item level your going to get demolished by players in Mythic gear. The gear gap really is killing Random BG’s at this point.

Two reasons:

1.) I love raiding. My guild does the raid at heroic level, and it’s fun. So I pay for the game because I like it. I enjoy it. At my casual level, I love the content.

2.) Your assumption that only 1% of players enjoy Mythic +, Mythic raiding, and arenas is incorrect. I enjoy all three of those activities, and I’m a decidedly casual player. I hardly EVER get to raid at mythic difficulty, but the other two are things I get to do all the time, and I’m not in the top 1% of anything in this game.

Different people like different things. I would say elitism and poor class balance tends to push people away from trying harder content.

If groups have to be manually created then players will create unrealistic and silly requirements.

Unfortunately they seem to think their game is or should be an e-sport despite low number of viewers. Also, poor class balance makes it hard to take seriously.

What class balance, what time spent on it?

People want/need more difficult content to keep the game fun.

Unfortunately, the “skill” needed to complete difficult content is at the character creation screen because of bad class balance.

I’m not sure they are capable of making fun content anymore. At least not on purpose.
They create monotonous content then tie a mandatory reward to it so you have to do it. Then declare it successful because people do it.

There are people that say they “like” arena. But admit they wouldn’t do it if they did not get gear from it or if item level was normalized.
Probably similar situation for M+ or raiding…people dont actually like it they just want the reward.

I question some people that refuse to admit they are addicted to carrot on a stick. If people were given the best gear in the game they would probably stop playing.

I absolutely wouldn’t do it often. Arenas are fine to have, but locking BIS rewards behind it has been an issue since their inception. Arenas should be purely for cosmetics/titles.

Same could be said for mythic, outside the epeen world first players if mythic didn’t have any gear I don’t think there would be enough will to even get 20 people for it, I certainly wouldn’t bother with it.

And for all their talk arenas and rpgs are a dead feature for the majority of the player base because they refuse to add a solo rated que(that obviously shouldn’t work with group que since groups>Pugs)

2 Likes

Because we don’t need mythic gear to do non mythic stuff. You really don’t. Let them have their raiding and mythic stuff. We get maxed gear for the content we play.

If you do 5 mans, there is gear that’s the best to do 5 mans, same with bgs and everything else. Why do you need mythic raiding gear to farm materials?

1 Like

Lmao so so wrong

If you do raids the best gear is mythic ilvl gear from either mythic raids or weekly cache at mythic ilvl

If you do m+ the best gear is mythic ilvl gear from either mythic raids or weekly cache at mythic ilvl

If you like pvp aka bgs the best gear is mythic ilvl gear from either mythic raids or weekly cache at mythic ilvl, (this is even more true due to broken pve trinkets from raid)

If you do world quests the best gear is mythic ilvl gear from either mythic raids or weekly cache, the stronger gear, the better

Learn how the game works first before, no matter what you do, the best gear will always be from those 2 sources

1 Like

Yeah Raid or Die wasn’t the reason for the mass exodus in WoD but whatever helps you sleep at night.

2 Likes

It literally was, because all it had to do was raid, and it had terrible spec design for PvP and terrible PvP in general.

Can someone give me a count of the number of times Ralph has said the words “tryhard” “elitest” and just for more fun “1%”?

1 Like

It’s not able to be counted. It’s the whole purpose for his repeated posts. They all devolve into “Ralph doesn’t like people who do harder content than he does.”

There is a sad and pity-worthy level of insecurity on the go here.

1 Like

I got you bro.

I agree and the thing that tickles me is that he cries and cries about the elitist try hard 1% crowd that sims and looks at guides and yet he has admitted to buying carries, doing sims and his character was a nearly cookie cutter copy of what guides say to do before the prepatch.

Your wife has a boyfriend? You are a very nice guy.

1 Like

We should start doing a shot every time he does say it.

1 Like