Why are casuals paying for the 1% forced ‘Raid or die’ in shadowlands?

It’s funny that this argument is basically saying that the dying game has a more successful model than the more successful game.

SWTOR is by all accounts on life support. Plenty of hyper casual MMORPGs fail.

Heads up people if you know Ralph you know he flip flops on his support or hate of Blizz so often that in 2 months he will be back defending them but all of us will probably be on ignore. For either disagreeing with him when he is pro or when he is anti.

another ralph thread

Hey what’s wrong Ralph did Ion change his mind and decide " You have to play another way "?

This has been answered multiple times within the thread, if you don’t like the answer because you want to cling to elitism and keeping people down, you are very original xD

Ralph, you need to stop with this nonsense. Harder content should always give better rewards.

Multiple gaames have been proven to work just fine without locking best gear behind higher difficulties, only making it faster, Swtor, final fantasy apparently only has cosmetics in raids so they aren’t forced down our throat if you want to progress gear and enjoy pvp

It was never about achievements, that was a lie, it is about keeping people down

It is why they freak out every time someone suggests mythic gear should be disabled outside of mythic raids

1 Like

Gear disparity is a core element of 90% of the successful major online game. The better you are the better gear you get. IDK what to tell you. Play offline games I guess?

1 Like

People are paying to get what they want. Since I’m not trying to do raiding any longer, it doesn’t feel like I need that raid gear any longer. So not getting the raid gear doesn’t matter. I have gear that lets me solo raids in Legion if I want to e.g. tame Fenryr, so I’m not sure what more I’d need from the gear I can get just by doing world quests. I have friends that are doing the islands to the point that I’d want to puke, and their gear is much better than mine, but it wouldn’t enable them to do anything more than I’d want to do.

I guess what I’m saying is you should have a progression path for whatever type of content you want to do. If that means you don’t have the ‘best’ gear in the game, but have the best gear to do the content you like doing, then that’s how it should be. But then I think it makes sense to be able to get the best gear for PvP by doing PvP and if it sucks for dungeons and raids, oh well. Have two sets of gear. So what do I know?

You can’t kill other players in offline games which kinda ruins them since dumb computer opponents are never truly as fun.

Which is why mmoprgs are the best games if you like progression and pvp, sadly WoW is lacking severely in both areas these days cuz there’s a reason nobody likes forced arenas either

1 Like

Some players keep telling us all that vanilla, bc, and wrath were the best. Welcome to gearing circa 2006. Raid or die.

Yep! One a day because you only got your frost emblem(previous badges) once a day

forced to raid or die?
well, thats because… we are at the land of the dead… BA DUM TS!!!

Why are you forced to ‘pay’ for content you don’t use? The same reason others are ‘forced’ to pay for the content you do, that they don’t use. The answer is, you’re not. You’re paying for the content you do. It’s up to you to decide whether or not that content is worth the money.

So a M raider would have 0 gear outside of raids or are you suggesting that everyone do twice as much work since I assume your suggestion would be to farm gear outside of the content you do to get gear for the outdoor world.

There is really no mmo that has “balanced” pvp. The closest balance ive seen is with stat templates; however, scaling causes a whole heap of other issues.

You’re kidding right I bet the delete LFR I wanna be special in my purples topic here is posted more than any other subject.

Those are not the actual 1% elite players they don’t care . Most of them have their set mythic raid groups, their m+ key and arena teams.

The anti lfr people are the ones who think they are elite but are only elitist.

Also you should really ignore Ralph threads because in the last few months he has praised Blizzard because the 1% will punished because of the new system .

For thread upon thread he was praising Blizz especially Ion to the point you would think Ralph considered him the 2nd coming of Christ.

Ralph is just a troll that likes to make flame bait threads.

1 Like

And I would still ask you. Why are the 99 percent paying for their content? Or the 95 percent paying for the mythic content at all?

I don’t care and I am part of the 95-99% .

Want to know why I don’t care because it is a game and who knows maybe some day I might like to try it .

It’s no different then a single player game say having modes like

I am God Mode

Hard mode

Medium Mode

Easy Mode

I Think I Wet My Pants Mode.

The more variations they put in the more people are likely to play .

Not everyone is going to do the hard stuff but it still has to be there and all the info we as players look up to play our specs better . Who do you think does all the research on the subjects the 99% or the 1% .

1 Like