Why are casuals paying for the 1% forced ‘Raid or die’ in shadowlands?

was mostly referring to the mandatory trinkets and weapons we’ve usually had to farm at high ilvls to be able to compete in pvp, but yeah I guess at least the stats are better now.

I’d say I see much more of the opposite. Casuals complaining about “the elites.”

In all the time I’ve played, people I know who actually are good and/or crazy enough to do the hard stuff don’t really care what anyone else is doing as long as there’s enough consumables in the AH for them to buy.

Also so long as that other content does not get involved in the hard content because when you are geared out in near max item level gear having to fly out to do an emissary to get another 250 tokens so you can buy another run so you can get more gem slots is just tedious busywork

It caters to everyone by giving all players the same opportunity to do whatever endgame content they want

Because you’re paying to play Blizzards game. What you choose to participate in is entirely up to you.

Yeah trinket situation is horrible, as is the RNG hoping for godly weapons like Getti’ikku from the weekly cache.
Blizzard needs to realise that versatility isn’t actually a PvP stat and bring back proper PvP gearing.

The only thing that can be said for trinkets is removing baseline PvP break means at least one PvP trinket is mandatory.

1 Like

That has nothing to do with rewards though, and “X ilvl reward once a week” or once a month from a specific task like BfA does nothing to change that.

Players need to be asking for better casual progression, not better casual rewards.
Just look back to TBC, WotLK, Cata, even MoP, casual rewards were far “worse” than current casual rewards, yet casual progression was longer and more engaging than current casual progression.

Players ignoring content became way too fixated on wanting the “best” gear rather than wanting an engaging system, and that’s on them for forcing Blizzard to design it that way.

I like get great gear if I deserve for this gear. I don’t like games that give you good gear for free. If I invest time, and play like pro for 6 months and i get this one amazing weapon I feel good. Because I work hard to get this.

Kids and adultkids whant now everything for free.

I’m amazed still, how ralf can still get all these bites.

It is a bad decision as far as game design goes. I got max gear in SWtOR 7 years ago, and stopped playing a week later. It is pretty common for people to quit a game when they “beat” it. GW2 suffers from this, which is why they made it B2P, then F2P years ago. There is absolutely zero gear progression in that game, and a large chunk of the playerbase only comes back for the new season story, then leave again.

1 Like

The real question is why have the casuals in mass abandoned SWToR and GW2 to the point they have had to cut content and lay off so many developers they barely have an active development team anymore?

Because your concepts of what would be fun would keep interest for about a month before realized the game had no point and looked for the next MMO.

Ideologies always sound good in theory for people on the bottom because the fail to see the actual consequences of being given success without earning it. Apathy and meaning behind what it means to succeed becomes invalid and you are left with nothing. Value has value for a reason, and we all win isn’t value. (something the game is already far too close to achieving with its systems post Wrath)

If you want a game with no value go to GW2. It was made for you. Enjoy :slight_smile:

3 Likes

It’s not so much Ralph you have to worry about, because most folks know what he’s about, it’s the folks that agree with him that are the concern.

1 Like

The hilarious part is when they try to pretend this isn’t about elitism and pushing people down so they get to feel special even though we have proven that a ton of times.

The moment someone suggests that mythic gear should be disabled or scaled down to normal level when not in mythic raids gets a huge backlash proving the only reason they don’t want everyone to have good gear is because of elitism

5 Likes

Lmao, just keep telling yourself that. I never stepped inside a regular raid, or anything but a random BG. This is about longevity, and understanding what happens to games that do what you suggest.

Or that they worked for the gear, did real hard content to get and should be able to use it in the open world. I get the bg and arena arguement but what’s the point in getting better gear if it doesn’t help you at all outside that one set of content.

Also, SL looks to be the least raid or die expansion so far.

Hey Ralph! I found it for you! It’s exactly what you’re looking for. This game is PERFECT for you and for those like you! It has quite literally everything you’re asking for! Enjoy!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGTNvZ6Trac&t=0s&ab_channel=TheLazyPeon

1 Like

That thumbnail picture has already said to me everything I need to know…not the words, just the picture.

It reminds me of evony or whatever that game was called.

I wouldn’t be playing Swtor if that was true, the fact that is has a very big pvp player base that makes bg ques to be faster than wows says a lot

Maybe WoW is the one dying cuz tryhard elitists keep trying to push everyone else down so they get to abuse their mythic gear in casual pvp to 2 shot low geared players and feel special

Meanwhile in Swtor not only we have full progression to max ilvl, pvp also has scaling where gear gives a tiny boost but it is mostly skill>>>gear

Unlike WoW

2 Likes

It’s actually hilariously funny to watch Lazy Peon go through it. It basically plays itself and nothing you do actually matters. In the end it’s like non-stop pop ups. He couldn’t keep up with clicking accept on the “rewards.”

But hey… As Ralph says… everyone deserves everything!

Ok so it’s worse then I thought. It’s one of those it plays itself and your just along for the ride games