Why are be being forced to choose what era to play in?

its not the decision that im having a hard time making, its the amount of noise people arent making about being forced to delete their characters that i have the issue with.

First off, that’s trolling. Shame on you.

Second, he admitted it in his post here:

And here:

I don’t know what YOU folks are reading, but it’s pretty obvious he: A) doesn’t understand that Classic will still be there, B) not everyone is playing Classic with the intent of staying there FOREVER, C) thinks that a “simple solution” is forcing a clone option rather than progressing the existing servers to TBC (like they did the last time) and opening NEW Classic servers for people that want to STAY in Classic with basically a “free transfer option”, all of which sounds IMMENSELY easier than all the there alternatives that have been floated (strictly from a server maintenance standpoint).

There is no deleting going on.

It’s a transfer.

Where did you get “delete” from?

Exactly.

What we have here is a bunch of people trying to have the “best of both worlds” and it doesn’t always work out that way.

Sometimes you have to make a choice.

come at me you antagonistic reply bot retail character

you are required to delete your character to play it on tbc.

• Choose Your Era – Prior to Burning Crusade Classic’s release, WoW Classic players can decide whether to advance each of their characters to the Burning Crusade era with the rest of their realm, or to continue playing the original WoW Classic content on new Classic Era servers.

TRANSFER.

Good grief, you have issues.

Edit: Done with you. Grow up and realize you sometimes need to make choices. Roll a new character in your new Classic server when it comes out, or drag your Paladin back there and stay there forever.

We don’t care, honestly.

1 Like

People aren’t making noise because most people either
A) want TBC and are okay with moving
B) don’t care

This is further proven by the surveys that Blizzard put out. I’ve said this a few times but if the majority of players wanted a different option, Blizzard would probably be doing this differently.

1 Like

you clearly are refusing to acknowledge that the result of transfer is the same as the result of deleting your character off of the original vanilla realm they were on.

lol you sound like my ex gf

Yes. That would be the one problem. And I’d imagine the resolution would be to give the name to whoever created the character first. Anyone else would be forced to re-name.

1 Like

my original suggestion was this:

copy the entire playerbase to tbc. if a person wants to play tbc, they walk thru the dark portal, which doesnt send them to outlands but does unlock tbc for their account. now they have all their chars on tbc and all their chars on classic. the server names between classic and tbc are the same and share the same chat channels. you can thus advertise for more for some classic dungeon/raid, and have players on classic and tbc, see it and respond to it if interested. log out of tbc, log in to classic and join the raid/dungeon

idk about that. thats a stretch and wasnt in either version

I’d wait until the official announcement.

of course it was. if you were playing tbc, you had your own version of vanilla zones.

That’s not how it works.

TBC had fundamental game changes that would require people who wanted ONLY Classic to be on a different server so they ONLY have that ruleset.

TBC wasn’t JUST what content was added to the game, there was more than just new areas and new raids added.

yeah but what you were suggesting was cross game (tbc/vanilla) chat, which obviously wasnt in either

2 separate games with the same server names.

1 Like

Nooooo…that’s not what it is. You keep pushing the dramatic narrative of having to “delete your character” repeatedly, even though you aren’t deleting anything at all.

But scaring people by incorrectly saying they are “deleting” your characters is the only leg your argument can stand on…so of course you keep parroting it. It’s like the whole “repeat a lie until it becomes truth” sort of trickery that you are employing.

1 Like

Which would require two separate servers, which is what they are doing.

“Stay where you are and progress, or transfer off and stay in Classic”

Yes they could do both but thinking they dont want 100k accounts they have to copy. It seems like alot of resources to copy everything. I would want a copy instead of a xfer but that is not what is going to happen.

whats incorrect about it? please provide the difference between transferring your character off vanilla classic and deleting it off vanilla classic, as it applies to vanilla classic