Why are alliance still allowed to make a full premade in AV?

I’ve noticed the same Alliance players in the same games every night. Mostly high rankers and Naxx geared players; they steam roll the Horde and farm them in the cave. They’ve created a cross realm community on discord to do their countdown queue. With instant queues they can guarantee they all get into the same game together. Horde can only join with 5.

11 Likes

Pro tip, the map imbalance has driven alliance participation so low there is nothing that can be done to prevent premades.

33 Likes

If the map is so imbalanced why do Horde lose the “base race”?

5 Likes

Is horde playing base race right now?

5 Likes

Lately, a lot more games are base races. Horde getting lazy and bypassing PVP at the beginning of the game.

1 Like

That’s fine and if that becomes the trend and more alliance start queueing those alliance premades will go away.

6 Likes

I hit exalted on my paladin about a month ago, and at least from my experience, the 90/10-something ratio was pretty accurate. The odds were closer to 50/50 on AV weekend.

Are you telling me the alliance started winning this lately?

7 Likes

Here is the alliance premade discord link for the horde looking for a good time. TtCVhfxP

2 Likes

Alliance can make AV premades now because there are so few AV games going at a time that even what Blizzard did to try to prevent it doesn’t work anymore.

I joined a premade group a few months ago on my alliance just to get that AV premade experience. It was interesting. They’d Discord queue and any time they could get 3+ groups into a game they’d go or otherwise they’d requeue. I did it after I had ranked and I’d do it again for fun, to be honest.

I was also there in the early AV days as horde and not being able to queue with any friends horde side for AV while competing with bots for ranks sucked.

Edit: Oh I noticed I talked to you before about this on another thread LOL. Oh well, it still applies.

2 Likes

Well that’s faction balance for you and the best part is blizzard is power less to stop it.

5 Likes

Blizzard could fix AV which would help bring alliance participation up.

7 Likes

Blizz could do a dozen things to help faction balance, maybe more. They could’ve been doing things for faction balance since WotLK at least in retail.

They just haven’t. It’s not that they are powerless though.

7 Likes

Pretty much. They want to avoid looking like they favour the faction that needs the attention, but ultimately end up making it worse anyway. The HoF garbage was a laughable attempt that only hammered the final nail home that Alliance was truly dead outside of casual players.

BFA did a lot of damage to the game as a whole, but it really did a number on the Alliance population.

3 Likes

It’s not a faction balance issue, this issue doesn’t exist in WSG/AB.

3 Likes

Any map disadvantage is exacerbated by having a smaller and less skilled playerbase to draw from as a result of other racial imbalances, though.

3 Likes

AV is a macro enough of a conflict that racial advantages play a smaller role there. For example orc stun res means that an orc war who actually tries to do something in a team fight rather than leach doesn’t get stunned but still dies instantly to the mage focus fire. Also alliance racials are not so bad in vanilla maybe if you played dwarf or gnome rather than night elf rogue you could see the factions advantages.

Racial advantages are not a huge deal, but being able to resist a critical stun or avoid a fear bomb on a flag is pretty big. Couple that with Shaman excelling in group PvP (Chain Lightning hurts) and being able to delete people, and that’s generally going to go far. Paladins are decent and all well and good but if you global who they’re trying to heal it doesn’t matter - and many Paladins aren’t Holy anyway.

But the fact you zeroed in on racials when there are other things to consider is kind of telling.

8 Likes

Make more alliance queue AV then. It takes dedication and patience to premade AVs and to win them. Our guild spawned many a flaming thread based on our AV shenanigans pissing off thousands of horde. We stopped queueing sometime around the beginning of P5 because our AV leader got burnt out on it. He was exalted before he even started forming games. Think we ended at like 265-2 or something idk.

4 Likes

I respond to racial because you think they are important in av and I have no disagreement that the map is biased.

They’re not important, but they give an edge. I said, “other racial imbalances” in terms of faction imbalances, not specifically racials. Poor wording on my part but that wasn’t my entire point.

1 Like