Why are alliance players unhappy?

I don’t really get these threads so bare with with my lack of tack here. But anyway I just wanted to ask why is it seemingly wrong that one player or another might be disappointed with something in any given expansion?

I see these topics come up from time to time and it always just seems to be a back and forth type of deal with everyone bringing up their own thoughts on different matters. Only to have those thoughts generally just crushed by others in the given post.

Also It’s just my stupid opinion, but the whole argument I’ve seen brought up quite often which boils down to ‘sins of the past’ isn’t really something that’s ever going to go anywhere.

Sooo yeah, that’s gonna be my only post in one of these types of threads. I’ll just go back to disliking that worgen heritage armor if you don’t mind.

2 Likes

Thats mostly because two of the four main Horde races HAVE NO LEADER currently. Three, if we want to consider that Rokhan basically got sidelined as token Darkspear representative for Zakhan (who probably wont be relevant past BfA).

Whats the point of a redemption story if you consistently just write Horde cartoonishly evil whenever?

Alliance has to be proactive. That wont happen under Anduin.

Actually I main Alliance (dont let the level 13 just-off-the-boat Pandaren fool you). I care for the overall story.

Story is: Alliance gets none, and Horde is made to feel god-awful. So where is the winning?

That would require night elf writing that doesnt involve corruption or them dying. Wont happen under Blizzard.

Blight is a lot more than just “gotta clean”.

That bee is cool.

Because whats the point of rewarding with cake, if Blizzard is smashing it in your face?. Its groundhogs day.

You mean besides the points of having Gazlowe bail out the player character and another NPC Sylvanas Loyalist? Its not clean house if they have already shown that Loyalists still are amongst the ranks.

You mean where the Dark Lady loyalists were told to play along with freeing Baine, which spawned the “Play along” and “4D chess” memes because they were god awful writing?

You’re not wrong. Everyone is pretty much “I am mad because reasons.” and someone else saying “Your reasons for being mad are dumb, my reasons for being mad are…” On and on and on.

That’s not to say I don’t enjoy reading them and popping in with a joke now and then… but ultimately it all comes down to perception and preference and no one is objectively right or wrong.

1 Like

Eh someone saying the difference between faction racials make you push a fights faze 30% faster seems pretty objectively wrong

Touche. That is probably objectively false. :stuck_out_tongue:

That is precisely the Problem the Alliance is not only Anduin.
The horde has the right to be somewhat angry but the Alliance is very angry.

that the horde is somewhat annoying does not diminish our anger meter.

The horde is in the postoperative period and the Alliance is bleeding and the doctor has not deigned to put even a bandage on and continues with the bullet inside.

The horde will heal over time but not the alliance, the wound is infected.

2 Likes

I stopped playing this game for the story years ago. I play alliance simply because it has a higher ratio of races I actually like (and they make it a pain to transfer money across faction, which at this point in the game is just dumb). If I’m ever unhappy it’s never with my faction choices. All the faction BS goes straight over my head, essentially.

The game could turn into EQ and make you grind for any faction you want and I’d be fine with it, and before anyone screams “but that’s not warcraft” bear in mind I hated the RTS games, so I have zero loyalty to either faction or the story. The game just made me pick a side and I went with the one that had more options I liked, that’s it.

If anything factions in general are screwing me up because the only guy I still know IRL who plays is on horde, so we literally never play together. Not like we’d be doing much anyway, he mostly PvPs and I avoid that nonsense. Of course he started Classic on a PvP server too, so even if he wasn’t Horde I’d still never roll with him. But I digress.

1 Like

But they’re not even trying. They built this expansion on the horde and then filled the gaps with Alliance story lines. If you played the PTR, you would have seen completed horde areas way before the Alliance stuff was thrown together at the last minute.
They spent all of their cinematic budget focusing on Saurfang for some reason and they never touched on the Alliance losing Teldrassil. We somehow got revenge off camera.

3 Likes

lol look at them.

To be fair, for all the splendor of Dazar’alor. Boralus is better for content players, without question (of course, prior to flying).

1 Like

IMO the problem of the alliance narrative is that they are always just reactionaries to Horde upheaval. It doesn’t really matter the subjectivity of the Horde developments, the fact is that they get the narrative focus while the alliance only is made to react to that.

For better or worse, it seems the narrative is more concerned about the “soul of the Horde” than that of the alliance; we have had 2 expansions about that already, we had a whole cinematic series about an Orc’s personal journey of redemption.

Wherever you think the Horde dilemmas’ are good or bad or re-threaded, the focus is simply on them, to detriment of the alliance.

Add to that the paradoxical of giving the alliance AR that are too similar to to existing ones but not in a way that fulfills long time requests and other recycled content (all them horses and gryphons) and it feels the alliance just isn’t getting cool stuff like the horde does. This opinion is from someone who plays both factions; playing horde just feels more fulfilling, compelling and full of possibility.

11 Likes

Boralus is the best city in the game! So many details.

1 Like

False, is horde

False, thats why all hardcore guilds play horde to mithic raids

Horde now a days is the red alliance

Almost everything horde players want the get and almost none what ally players want the get.

Thats why

2 Likes

Look man, don’t post alliance videos here. Horde still has much crying to do to catch, shut yer mouth and let us catch up. What you need to do is stop whining so we can catch up.

Why should I be grateful for getting things I never asked for?

4 Likes

I know right, the best racials for pve was on horde since like forever

1 Like

I have to agree with you Boralus is superior… but the reason why is a good example why some Alliance players are unhappy.

Blizzard poured a lot of effort into making Dazar’alor a closer to realistic, sprawling city and spread all the relevant stuff around. On the other hand, to get Boralus done in time, they shoved all the relevant stuff into a small space.

In this case Blizzard’s quicky job worked in the Alliance’s favor because our hub is more convenient to navigate to relevant vendors, quest npcs, etc due to everything just being plopped down in the same spot, while the Horde vendors and trainers and what not are spread all around due to the “attention to detail” and effort to “make the Horde capital epic”.

4 Likes

I’m happy :slight_smile:

No one is whining about Alliance. Us horde are too proud and enjoy horde.

Alliance are the whining ones jealous they don’t get vulpera or high elves