Why are alliance players unhappy?

You should probably get that checked. It doesn’t feel very good.

There are, in my opinion, a handful of reasons Alliance players feel slighted. These in particular come to mind:

• Bland repetitive races that look largely the same
  • Gnomes are 9 times out of 10 used as a joke rather than a serious race
  • Alliance is almost always reactionary towards the Horde in the story rather than ever doing something themselves
  • There’s been absolutely no shake-ups in the Alliance that change how it functions lore-wise or makes for interesting story, which makes the Alliance story feel very bland and repetitive
  • Alliance is often made to look like fools by sparing the Horde in cases where they really should’ve either ended the Horde or annexed them into the Alliance and 100% could’ve at the time
  • A lot of Blizzard employees tend to lean towards the Horde to varying degrees, and usually make no effort to try and hide it

There’s probably a lot more that I missed, but that’s the stuff that really stands out to me personally.

11 Likes

Alliance zones were better, and their hubs were vastly superior to Horde’s. And Horde content consisted of us getting our butts kicked, having our entire war campaign invalidated, killing our own to rescue a traitor, and losing yet more leaders.

Subjective, indeed.

And yet now that gnomes are getting their own AR, a lot of Alliance players are complaining bitterly.

This is why I hope Tyrannde goes rogue in the next expansion. It would add so much interest. But I honestly think more Alliance people would be against this development than for it.

And if this happened, how would it affect the Horde players? Do you really think anyone would play a Horde character that’s been forced into the Alliance? I’m not sure how you see this working.

1 Like

The zone thing is very subjective. I kinda liked all the zones with maybe Nazmir being my favorite questing wise.

The actual horde story was not great imo but I have always preferred The Alliance’s style more. But that does not change the fact the horde basically got a mini movie of gorgeous cinematics made mostly for them, the first raid of the expansion had nothing to do with the alliance and in fact if you didnt also play horde you were confused why you were even there, and just the general feeling of everything bad happening to the alliance and the alliance doing nothing about it.

Even Tyrande, who was given super saiyan moon powers, couldnt kill off Nathanos or really do anything at all and Blizzard said that was good enough for their revenge. I am hoping for something better next patch but ive been doing my best to avoid spoilers.

Then lets talk about the quality of content given to us. Again, subjective but the general consenus seems to be fat humans and junk gnomes are lame as hell and the low population of people playing fat humans is proof to that. I doubt junk gnomes will fair much better unless their racials do end up being really good.

Meanwhile the horde get a fan favorite with ztrolls (also given paladin as they requested) every orc you could possibly ever want as well as upright customization thrown in just for fun. And vulpera, even if you dont care for them as a race you should be able to appreciate the fact they have literally been getting worked on and improved since early beta. They were given so many unique animations theyre almost a brand new race. Meanwhile junk gnomes share the same customization between male and female (besides hair and faces) they have the same dance between male and female and just given gnome animations. Oh and their pants armor looks like diapers. Horay.

Throw in a couple recolored 10k horses and that is why the alliance might not feel as great to play this expansion.

I will give you this, though; Boralus is a way better city than that stupid pyramid. Especially before flying.

13 Likes

One gripe I have in it’s current state is mechgnomes. A nude body from the waist up is just lazy IMO. They need to cyborg the male body up a bit so it looks badarse and not some gnome potato head with the wrong limbs jammed into the sockets. Females look better, but they still need some cybernetic detail as well on the body.

You may claim false but its not true bud. Alliance had one CD which was Every man for himself and then gone.

Mechagnomes don’t need a nerf. 20% heal which is affected by healing reduction.

You keep trying to put a weak argument that both sides have classes.

WHich side has more options with their allied races?

Lets see again.

Horde

4 shaman
2 druid
1 paladin

Alliance

2 paladin
2 shaman
1 druid

…hmmmm lets see where the math adds up. Don’t forget druids and shaman have the most customization among all classes when it comes to spells.

You’re flat out lying bud. There is a disparity when it comes to class balance between the factions and the entire story associated with this expansion.

Alliance don’t care about pretty but more so having at least one request fulfilled. IE see upright orcs and gaining the mag’har orcs colors that have been requested.

2 Likes

Cuz Horde got foxes. and they got… rofl, yea. Gnomes in a garbage man suit.

Are Mechagnomes Alliance?

To those complaining about allied races- remember that bland, skin swaps of races we already have is precisely what the Alliance has been most vocal about asking.

High elves- and Alliance ended up getting a much more interesting version with purple hair, tentacles, a glow and far more personality too.

Yet Alliance wants a swap of belfs with only blond hair and blue eyes- the most mundane skin possible.

Alliance basically got the allied races they asked for- dark iron dwarves, a high elf version- and both of them got major visual upgrades when they did- dark iron dwarves didn’t start to glow and catch fire until Alliance got them.

Alliance just likes to complain, whether they get what they want or don’t.

I stand corrected, though if I recall correctly, the issue has always been that Blizzard views the game through a less than friendly lens on consumers. You use their product so…you end up the butt of their jokes. It is a particularly unhealthy way to function, but they are so big it doesn’t matter.

Correct…over the years, the majority of which they spent their time as alliance.
Method swapped over after the alliance racials were nerfed and Horde racials became better such as goblins on Kil’jaeden.
In BFA, now, the two groups have racials leaning on alliance side for M+, and almost even in terms of raiding. So they have no need to switch for it.
If you look back at past expansions, you’ll find most of guilds clearing raids were alliance.
That was, until Wotlk where we saw a shift, and then it shifted back again in Cata, then again in WoD, then again in Legion where things have not swapped again.
So I cannot agree with this general notion of Horde racials being OP, simply because currently in BFA, the alliance wins out by a tiny edge, which isn’t enough to make guilds faction swap again.

1 Like

I’ve actually seen a lot of people excited for mechagnomes, so it’s likely just subjective based on what each person sees whether or not mechagnomes are being celebrated.

I would rather see someone like Genn step up and say “Hey, our King is incredibly naive and taking massive unwise risks, we need a different King that can properly lead the Alliance.”

Maybe Tyrande could come out and be that person, who knows. I’d prefer to see Genn do it. Someone, anyone really should just overthrow Anduin, in my opinion.

I think factions should’ve been merged a long while ago. They had their first major opportunity to do so at the end of MoP, but passed it by. Sure, there might be some short-term issues with a faction merge, but it’d be healthier for the game in the long-term.

1 Like

I dont feel like Genn would be stepping up against Anduin. Hes shown to respect for the young lad and Genn has been shown expecially recently to not have a grudge against the horde hell since the BFA prelaunch novel he hasn’t even shows a grudge agaisnt the undead his grudge is specifically against Sylvanas.

Basically this tbh.

Don’t forget the massive amounts of horses we got this xpac when in drustvar they could’ve just given us like a wicker cat/panther or something to ride but instead gave us a bunch of recolored/armored gryphons and horse recolors especially as our zone drop mounts

1 Like

I’m going to be real. What alliance want and need is a conventionally attractive race. They don’t really have any when you look at them all, excluding void high elves and draenei women.

They just don’t know how to ask for it because they have a complex already about being not masculine enough compared to the horde.

I have a void elf… it’s painfully… very hard to mog anything when their entire skin is literally blueberry blue because everything just looks bad that isn’t purple :confused:

I agree. But cool colored mogs look great on them. The palette is limiting.

What’s worse is that night elves already have a cool palette so it’s redundant.

you clearly don’t understand what I’m saying at all, so why did you bother replying at all?

All I can see about this expac is:

The Horde is this kid who is getting beat up by a bully named Blizzard. Every now and again, the Horde gets something nice but just repeatedly gets punched and spat in the face.

While off in the corner watching the whole thing is a human male paladin crying about how Blizzard only focuses on the Horde.

1 Like

How can they be unhappy? They have a bee mount and gnomes. :sunglasses: