Why are alliance players unhappy?

The numbers do matter.

That’s more horde development.

That’s more variety and a better chance to play the class you want with the race you want

It absolutely does matter

6 Likes

Yes, the BC Mag’har SKINS were requested. Like I said. No one asked for a whole new “race” and a butt-pulled time travel thing. Rescuing the Outland Mag’har would have made sense. Outland is dying and nothing can stop it. Time traveling 30 years in the future just so we can see Light Stormtroopers and coincidentally get the very last of the surviving Mag’har from WoD? No one wanted that.

The Zandalari originally in ZG were DS models, they didn’t get new models until Throne of Thunder.

Which should be all the proof you need that no faction “asking” for anything got anything done. They gave us whatever junk they felt like it. Lots of it totally random. Lots of it just out of nowhere.

KT and ZG are the islands we’re literally on. Of course we’d get ZG and you would get KT. It makes no sense to act like this was a surprise or it only happened because the Horde wanted it.

Also? I only say their druid forms are cool, and they are BEYOND cool. I would never leave my wicker forms if I played Alliance.

2 Likes

You clearly don’t know what the word “reskin” means so I’m not gonna bother.

1 Like

I tried to tell you, it’s pointless.

So what Mag’har includes Frostwolf, Blackrock, Laughing Skull. Any hardcore Orc player wanted those races. Whether they were a simple reskin or not is immaterial. On top of that they got adjustable postures, another complaint people have had about Orcs for a long time. Players wanted it, that’s the entire point.

Same with Zandalari. Forest trolls could’ve been another option, but Zandalari have had a far bigger presence in past expansions, and Horde got them.

Kul Tiran didn’t even have to be a new race. You say they had to be a race because there was also a Zandalari Island? Why? Why couldn’t they just be the same Human models as before and the Alliance get a race people actually wanted like the Horde had received?

What a giant waste of resources for a race no one wanted, no one was interested in, and no one plays.

3 Likes

Because my brain refuses to make serotonin.

1 Like

Unhappy to the point I made a few horde even still it’s like replaying a pile of crud but with more sparkles.

Do you even read what you’re saying?

Saurfang said it best about Sylvanas: you just keep losing. Teldrassil is the only Horde “victory” this expac. And last expac we lost the only faction conflict - for which Genn was never even given a stern talking-to.

She set up a trap for the Alliance deliberately, hoping to lure the leaders there and then blight them and willing to sacrifice her own troops to do it. Every one of the Alliance leaders escaped. Lost the Undercity for no reason.

Our whole war campaign was about getting the Sceptre of Tides and Proudmoore’s body. The sceptre which you guys casually stole and we didn’t even KNOW it happened until you used it against us and tricked us into sending our forces in the wrong direction.

So that you could invade our new city and murder the king and steal a bunch of treasure. Cool beans.

You also blew up the Zandalari fleet with your war campaign - again, something the Horde didn’t even KNOW about. As far as we’re concerned, y’all just magically destroyed the fleet and we got no explanation. We just lost the only reason we even came to Kul Tiras.

Then Baine returned Proudmoore to his family. Again making our whole war campaign totally worthless.

Then our own warchief tricked us into the ocean, gave the person who was supposed to be our ally (oh yeah, we broke Ashvane out during our war campaign too - promptly negated) a bunch of Azerite and sent her to help Azshara.

Then she made fun of us, killed Saurfang and flew away, leaving us humiliated and saved by the Alliance again.

You guys are the 100% clear winners in the lore of this campaign. We never won a single engagement after Darkshore.

2 Likes

I mean, the horde’s victory was conquering 3 zones, almost wiping out an alliance race and getting countless new ressources. Also they got to keep the zones.

What did the Alliance win after that? They didn’t manage to reconquer Lordaeron, they only managed to kill King Rastakhan who at this point in time, wasn’t even allied with the horde. So technically not a victory against the Horde.

If anyone got better off in BfA, it’s the horde because they get away unpunished, have the stronger military now (as of 8.2.5) and they can shift all the blame on Sylvanas.

Besides, there’s there’s also the possibility for the forsaken to go and reclaim Lordaeron since the Alliance left already, this possibility is not there for the Night Elves.

11 Likes

The majority of the games lifespan isnt just vanilla. Once light skinned elves were a thing horde took a huge population rise.
We have defensive and disengage related racials while the horde has offensive and engage related ones.
We get the stereotype of being the goody two shoes and that we are all happy friends while the horde actually gets any kind of story.

1 Like

The racials and faction mounts is incorrect bud. They had to add more horde because the alliance had more mounts including flying mounts.

That instant was also immediately apologized for and i believe the offender lost his job over it.

I do agree, however, that if there is bias in the company leading to the alliance not receiving equal treatment, such as design, it should be addressed in social media.
Perhaps have more alliance leaning devs?

Hell, this guy exists purely for the racial and because my wife rolled forsaken.

From a pvp perspective I totally understand why alliance is unhappy. For attention to detail, I’m on the fence. There’s a lot of talk about horde having better ARs but do they really? Nightborne look worse than Withered. Yeah we have space goats and light bulb space goats but neither of them look deformed. Alliance is like eighty percent whatever type of human and I also get why that’s a complaint. Horde does have the diversity. But look at Vol’dun and it’s equivalent Drustvar. Please! Alliance always has better looking zones. Flying above tiragarde sound you get such a feel of a strong naval island nation. Zanadalar is just more troll jungles and dinosaurs.

I played through both as well. The stories are split as far as individual zones. All of the horde zones were deep, engaging, and feed into the idea that zandalari is sitting on a ticking time bomb that is gahuun.

The alliance zones…drustvar was fun, and the order of embers rocks, tirisgarde sound was a Mish mash and had cool parts, but stormsong valley was just bad. It’s pretty to look at but it felt forced as a zone story wise.

Come to time spent on each faction through races, story, and the like and horde wins out in time out in.

Horde have more diversity class wise, race wise, and still own the most powerful racials in game. They will see mechagnomes and say nope, nerf it. Oh wait, they already have.

2 Likes

I invite you to read through my post history and you will find why Alliance players are unhappy. Not going to rewrite a book but if you truly are curious and not just trolling it is all there in my history and the threads i have been in through many posts and threads.

You’ve established yourself as someone who tells untruths. So…no…
I would rather have someone who is not well known for trolling to give me their reasons.

[quote=“Stohlja-zuljin, post:381, topic:331100, full:true”]
I played through both as well. The stories are split as far as individual zones. All of the horde zones were deep, engaging, and feed into the idea that zandalari is sitting on a ticking time bomb that is gahuun.

The alliance zones…drustvar was fun, and the order of embers rocks, tirisgarde sound was a Mish mash and had cool parts, but stormsong valley was just bad. It’s pretty to look at but it felt forced as a zone story wise.

Come to time spent on each faction through races, story, and the like and horde wins out in time out in.[/quote]

I would agree with you here that the Horde storyline was overall superior to the alliance one. The Drustvar and Tiragarde storylines were good, but I was not sure how i felt about stormsong valley.
The war campaigns were both meh on each side. Too much focus on singular characters, and not enough on theactual conflcit between horde and alliance.

I mean…both sides have the same classes available.
Race wise…yeah…the alliance don’t want anything that isn’t pretty. Look at kul tirans. The reaction was LOL FAT.

We already went over racials. This is just false again.
Mechagnomes badly needed a nerf. HALO was performing more powerfully than some raid cds

Yeah, no. If we’re talking about the BlizzCon episode, Blizzard’s initial response on the forums was “hey, we were only joking with that video” and then after it blew up in the press, they later formally apologized.

How that ever got approved for BlizzCon showed something was massively wrong with the decision-making process.

Raiding guilds have stated, over the years, they moved factions specifically for the Horde’s racials. It doesn’t get much clearer than that that racials were an issue. And once the raiding pool shifted to be predominately Horde, it became self-perpetuating as the entire talent pool was on one side of the faction divide.

9 Likes

Hands down, this is the funniest post ever on these forums.

1 Like

Cause they dont like having exclusive bee mounts. And cause they love having their leaders die (oh wait).

That’s horde bias right there.

I am not unhappy in terms of the overall game, I still enjoy wow even if bfa is not my favorite expansion. But I am unhappy that the Alliance does seem to only exist to support and react to the Horde’s stort. Bfa has been the most one sided expansion in favor of the horde Ive ever seen. I know everything is subjective but I dont know how people can look at the quality of content alliance has been given compared to the horde and not see something is off. I think thats why we clung to that stupid bee mount so hard. It was literally the only faction specific thing we had.

And I play Horde quite a bit too. It should never be one faction getting quality content and the other one getting scraps or ignored. Both should be fun to play and be rewarding in their own ways.

8 Likes

Nathanos is a garbage character and somehow fought Super Saiyan Tyrade and lived.

And continues to be a garbage character

8 Likes