Why are alliance allowed to cheat in AV?

Maybe a good chunk of you Horde players should stop rolling Horde to abuse the better PVP racials and just re-roll as Alliance.

Once the faction imbalance is sorted out, both sides will have short queues and can organize pre-mades.

Until then, this is a Horde player created problem.

2 Likes

An exploit (short for exploitative method) is a way of playing World of Warcraft in a manner that was clearly not intended by Blizzard Entertainment, in order to gain an advantage over other players.

:flushed:ty

As an Alliance player - I agree 100% that what’s going on is cheating/exploiting the game. Folks figured out how to game the system, and things aren’t working as intended.

Regarding the fixes - they are not “available.” They’ve only been suggested. And while I support many of the proposed “fixes,” they’re probably not as simple to implement as folks may think. Changing something somewhere in the code could easily break something somewhere else. Or the chance could have an unintended impact, which essentially swaps one problem for another.

Both factions are ALLOWED to use Discord in an attempt to get into the same battleground.

ALLI have WAY FEWER NUMBERS which allows the attempts to happen smoother and easier.

HORDE can DO IT ALSO, sadly due to sheer amount of horde players, the ability to EASILY do this is not there.

The EASE for one faction gives the illusion to the other that it can not be done.

No one is cheating.

I was unaware that discord only works for alliance player.

Again, not saying it is as easy to do that same. But just because one faction is grossly overpopulated, that does not make the other faction cheaters.

Frankly though…I wish they had “Q as group” enabled for AV. Obviously this would allow horde to premade easier as well as allowing someone like me, to Q specifically with 40 guildies…not randoms on discord.

2 Likes

Everything that’s going on in AV is under a microscope. It’s not some hidden thing. If it was seen as an exploit by people that matter it would have been patched weeks ago. As it stands now it’s just a clever use of game mechanics.

You know, I’m not one to say this… but anyone wanting to do organized PvP should go back to retail. The rated battleground and arenas exist for a reason.

You know I dont like to say this. But those who dont like organized PVP should go back to retail where the PUG system is streamlined.

1 Like

I was thinking of the exact same thing…

The only thing that needs to be addressed is being able to single pull the boss without the others

I think what you’re saying is “It’s okay to cheat, so long as I’m winning.”

If it was cheating it wouldnt be allowed. Simply saying it is doesnt make it so.

1 Like

The same was said about layering… We’ll see what happens.

1 Like

I think you need to rethink your logic there. If I cheated in a video game and didn’t get banned does that mean it is allowed? Think about what you are saying for a second.

2 Likes

I don’t think logic is really being used. Selfish folks are selfish!

I’m not the one who defines cheating in this game. The Developers are. If what’s going on in AV was cheating it would be addressed. Again just because you say it is doesnt make it true. As it stands right now I’m considering it clever use of game mechanics.

simply saying silence is a response doesn’t make it so. you confuse your opinion with fact often.

2 Likes

Using Discord or any other means external to in-game WoW functions to create an AV premade is an exploit. AV was specifically changed prior to the Classic version (1.12) to remove group queueing for AV. It is not an intended game mechanic.

If you want to use in-game text or voice to simultaneously queue, that is fine - but it will obviously be restricted to players on a single realm.

1 Like

If you actually cheated in a game, in front of thousands of people you would most certainly get banned.

But if you win because you cleverly accomplished something within the confines of the game regardless of what haters say, no.

You only believe that because you are abusing the game. They haven’t made a statement about this being acceptable. Seeing as how they haven’t made comments on it either way it is pretty obvious to most people that it is an exploit as it takes advantage of game mechanics for a player advantage in ways that was not intended by the developers.