Why a poll about the legendary cloak?

Because color hasn’t meant anything since BC/WoTLK? Hence why I’m confused people still care.

Why create a thread about why a poll about the legendary cloak when you could have asked in that thread?

Of course it is kind of funny since Blizzard doesn’t need a poll about the level of the cloak, they already have those exact numbers. Instead they should have asked if people liked it or not.

1 Like

I’m guessing the assessment will go something like this:

If you have a max level cloak, you must really enjoy the content.
If you don’t, you must not be good at the content, or unclear on what to do.
Legitimately not enjoying it (and thus not participating after a certain point) does not compute :smiley:

3 Likes

Purple is just a color.

They are just touching base about one of 8.3’s features (it’s about visions, not the cloak itself). They aren’t going to poll us about the dailies. lol.

They should make Heart ilevel and clock ilevel account bound so casual players can have alts

I’m saying it should mean something. The decision to do away with it and get to the point where you’re getting heroic raid level guild from doing something that takes 20 minutes is bad design in my opinion.

You’re probably in that crowd that says “hey I pay too. Where’s my cool stuff?”. I’m not putting anyone down, I just don’t feel that way.

It shouldn’t be.

Well. They want feedback.

I’m sure everyone that clicked max level actually has it.

Also, I have a bridge to sell you.

1 Like

I like the patch overall, and love difficult solo play from time to time. I decided to get cloaks on all my alts since most don’t have any legendaries and I generally choose a different alt to main each expansion. My only problem with the cloak is grinding the essences to go into visions. It’s good that it has gotten easier. I didn’t understand everything at first and was doing all the dailies for measly 50 when I need 10,000. It was just too much and got burned out. Now I know to only focus main objectives and get the minor dailies as they are easy and part of the main objective for currency. It isn’t too bad now. The lack of communication was problematic at first. For example, at around level 7 I went in to do a side quest and boss, then realized I needed to do two sides, so I next did two sides, but you couldn’t hold extra pages, so doing two sides was annoying, since I wasted that first run being cautious. That is just one example. Quest text isn’t clear. This seems super easy to raiders with gear, but not as easy on Alts. I get that, but catch up mechanics in the form of WQs are great for alts while catch up mechanics in visions, not so much. I do have 11 of 12 alts with capes, but not actively leveling capes at all on alts because it takes too much time that I need to prioritize. I just wanted to see them in each class for that perspective. My biggest gripe is just know exactly what I needed to do in visions to maximize the effort.

I couldn’t take the poll, because my answer would have been “I’d like to but I’m so busy with busywork that there’s no time.”

I agree with the OP. The fact that they started a poll suggests that they’re not meeting their participation goals and are trying to stir up some hype.

2 Likes

Ok… then Wrathion shouldn’t award gear then… or Skittra.

That’s the monk tank I’ve been playing as my primary raid toon. If you’d like to apologize I’m all ears.

No I think people that get twisted up over gear aren’t thinking about the game being fun. They are more interested in difficulty and “proving themselves” than what’s actually fun for people at large. In general people need the gear to do the content they want to do. This has been true since vanilla. I don’t get twisted up over emissaries because gear emissaries aren’t common enough to matter. LFR requires the patience of a saint to get through and still drops next to nothing. M+ is its own progression system.

Honestly as long as people are having fun that’s all that matters. If they feel like WoW is a chore, and many do it’s a very common sentiment this patch, then they will quit or reduce their playtime. This isn’t about casuals or hardcore etc. This is about the simple question: are people having fun? if the answer is NO then there is a serious issue.

6 Likes

I’d be willing to bet a lot of that 88% are doing it because they feel they need to or they couldn’t participate in the content they enjoy.

2 Likes

You get rank 15 cloak by talking with npc? ya. No. Ironically icnreasing the rank is harder than getting the “legendary” in classic. Which is about dumping gold.

The full run masks are much harder than mage tower.

What a terrible idea. Is the orange color making you feel bad about yourself?

lmao
It is a legendary item you like or not, what is exactly legendary about passing eye for the ret pally/enhancement shaman because nobody needs it to dps?
Or afk killing thunderan?
You consider baron and garr fights hard too? lol.

Thats what legendayr meant in classic though. Gotta use gold to buy stuff and do the “legendary”

An item for horrific visions is mandatory for horrific visions who could’ve guessed.

There is almost no way they don’t have a way to scrub through character data and need to ask on the forums what our cloak level is. They obviously either had a team meeting or mass email go out regarding poor player participation. When the director is in a mythic raiding guild and can’t be bothered to max his cloak out either after the improvements to page drops that speaks volumes to me.

The posts are more likely them looking for feedback on what went wrong and why there is a lack of participation.

3 Likes

What did you want me to apologize for and why do you keep using the word twisted? Why are you bringing emotion in to a discussion over a simple opinion. It’s getting a little weird.

I’m glad you’re having a good time. Have a good one.

I mean if you take the 1000ish votes so far as of writing this, as the average player base(which is debatable because you would assume people on the forums are a bit more involved in WoW than those who are not), half have it maxed. 10% are trolling or really didn’t even get the cloak. Then like 15% at level 10 or 11.

So 65%ish have cloak at level 10 or higher. It is high than I thought it would be. Alts on the other hand is a different story. If they did a poll on where are peoples first alt level is at, it would be gross.

1 Like

Here’s the thing though.

If 65% have the cloak at level ten or higher, that’s still not apparently good enough for them. They haven’t done this poll on their FB or their twitter, either.

Something has spooked them to come to the forums to ask about it after months of radio silence on every other topic. So either the actual numbers internally aren’t as high as 65%, or they are confused as to why it isn’t higher because they actually expected people to be excited and engaged with this tripe.

Not only was there a poll, there was also a guide to how to do it, so clearly they assume that the problem is people just don’t know how to do it, not that people don’t want to.

4 Likes

you have to do it if you want to run anything past lfr

1 Like