Who's planning on going Classic?

Just kind of curious as to what old faces from ED might be on the classic servers. Pray, we get a RP-PvP server.

1 Like

I plan on full time over there actually.

2 Likes

I am going back, anything has to be better than playing a shadow priest n or a holy priest in BFA right now. Being a shadow priest in Vanilla was lol worthy and in classic it still is. Wanding your way to lvl 60 is going to be more fun than dealing with all the BS pruning, nerfs and broken expansion rubbish in BFA.

I haven’t decided. I want to because I miss Vanilla, but there’s so much more going on that I don’t know if I will have the time to commit.

Still kind of want to play BFA (someone has to), busy work hours, raising my daughter, etc etc. I guess only time will tell.

1 Like

I’ll probably play a bunch until the nostalgia wears off. Then I might do some casual pvp since I’m no longer a high school kid with unlimited free time and zero obligations and therefore can’t gear.

3 Likes

Having a lot of fun in 8.2.

Was looking forward to classic and will still play it, but if BFA turns the tide with new patches and the content stays fun, I will keep playing retail.

5 Likes

Meh. I miss WoW. But the last few expansions seemed to have strip the game of what it used to be. Everything just feels like a forced theme park ride. I’m over it, I can’t play a game that has this many flying mounts and instances.

I thought classic was just nastolgic but i’ve played on a private server for a couple months and I had more fun playing the private serv than retail had been since i was like 16. Hell it was just nice to experience authentic WPvP again. Raid groups fighting out in the open world, plenty of ganking. PvP has real consequences bc you can’t just up and leave, ect.

4 Likes

Going full mast on Classic.

2 Likes

I was 11 years old and reached level 55 before the release of Burning Crusade. I’m going to come back to WoW for classic. To grind however long it takes around my busy adult life to make it to level 60 (I’m expecting it to take 4-5 months. I’ll probably spend a few weeks running around trying the old end-game then quit. UNLESS they come out with an RP/PVP server that I invested relationships and rivalries into. Then I could see myself feeling like I need to gear/rank up

Show support for an RP/PVP realm here

2 Likes

Why do people view calling the hype for classic wow “nostalgia” as an affront?

Is that not the angle here?
I started in legion, and I can’t wait to take a little trip back in time and get a view of where it all began.

The only other thing I could think of would be if vanilla was better in some way.
But then what of the 15 years of patches and tuning lol?
Idk.

I am also interested to see the “Community” that apparently is unique to the game’s initial release. I thought it was a thing of just existing before the social media boom of the previous decade, but if there’s more to it I think that could go a long way in immersing noobs like me into the experience.

idk what im saying im that dude who goes to museums on weekdays for fun lol.

1 Like

The issue is when people attribute excitement for Classic only to nostalgia and people pushing back on that believe the difference in design philosophy and elements make it a different and in some ways a better game.

People using the phrase pejoratively seem to be framing it like someone is holding a turd but it’s their first turd so they’re excited

People pushing back on those characterizations feel like they’re holding a train that has some rust on it but would be pretty fun to play if they shook the dust off and added a few drops of oil.

Sure, they wouldn’t be bothering with it if not for the fact it was their train from a long time ago but that doesn’t mean it’s not cool in its own right regardless of the nostalgia factor.

3 Likes

Okay the first paragraph satisfies my curiousity.

You lost me with the poo and train stuff but I think I get the idea… From that first paragraph, I mean.

ty

I shall be there to bath in the tears of the fallen.

1 Like

The question is, who is now alliance going horde, or horde now going alliance. Who wants to see what the other faction was like back then.

4 Likes

Was planning on primarily classic but BfA wpvp has proven to be a lot of fun so i might just split time /salute.

Oldjim

3 Likes

I played initially from Vanilla to Wrath and since it’s included in the subscription I might take a peek for old time’s sake.

But I have and always will main undead. I don’t want to go back to the pre transmog world.

4 Likes

I will! :smiley:

1 Like

No gobs no mogs no scabs

4 Likes

I quit playing WoW over 5 years ago, but I will absolutely come back for Classic … IF there’s an RP-PVP server. Otherwise I’ll probably stay away until one gets added.

Those didn’t exist until patch 1.8. So, it’s possible but if they’re making a historically accurate experience it’ll be awhile till they appear.

1 Like