Who's for Account Wide Reputation?

The problem I have is that I got the 100 reputation achievement on my “main” in BFA. But I changed main this expansion and now I feel like I have to go grind out al this expansions reps on that other character for the sake of completion and if the make another rep achievement past 100. I think a lot of people play different “main” characters each expansion or even each patch. I think they can figure out a way to overcome the problems that might come from making them account wide. It’s has to be better than people farming reps that take months on multiple characters.

3 Likes

The achievements themselves are account wide now. So if you got 100 on one character and 20 different on another character - all 120 count for account wide achievements. They made that change in response to people changing mains business and not want to earn reps on two characters.

I actually am surprised you didn’t know that.

Tier 6 is a reputation with a guy in Korthia that has an item you buy in order to upgrade the Korthia gear. This is the only reason I can figure you’d need rep to be account bound because beyond that, most items you would buy with rep in the current expansion are mounts (account bound) and coven items which are locked by the coven.

Me too.

Some reps would likely be a little odd like Aldor vs. Scryer but it could still apply the highest rep when you selected.

1 Like

Scryers/Aldor, Pirates/Goblins, the centaurs, any future opposite rep. There’s your logical reason.

We don’t need account rep we just need them to bring back the MOP system where when you max a rep you get an account unlock that would boost rep gains. To handle Paragon Chests you then either up the rep required to match the bonus or put a conditional that turns off the bonus rep at exalted/max rep.

we do need account wide rep especially with main swapping it looks terrible to have 2 epansions worth on one, 1 on another, 4 on another. just do it already, as for the 2 old reps “at war” tank to an npc stationed between them like for phasing into old versions of zones to swap which one you are exalted with to experience the other

Scryers/Aldor, the frenzyhear and little green guys are the major 2. you can cap pirate rep and goblins same time. its hard but did it

also capped frenzy then reversed all the way to the other, huge pain. not fun. easy fix they can do with npc swap

it does matter what character you have reps on, they all account for the achievements.

It’s not an excuse, Blizzard wants you to spend as much time as possible on the most mind numbingly boring garbage in the game. What their slight minds can’t comprehend is the fact that players wouldn’t just simply stop playing because they have it all. They’d make alts and probably play more.

rep isn’t holding anyone back from playing alts this expansion - it was all the other things

Yes please. It is almost 2022. It is time.

Really? how about Death’s advance? Or how about the Archivist? Noth of those would be vastly helpful for alts.

so you want those without leveling up characters and doing all the covenant and torghast stuff? I didn’t even play this expansion because of all the extra crap I was going to have to do on each character and rep was the least of my concerns

What do you mean “leveling up”? The only useful reason for account wide rep would be gear from the vendors (hence the archivist rep I pointed out).

ex:
Guild: “we need _________ in ______ spec for the raid!”

Player: “oh cool! I can log on my _______ and roll with you”

see how that works with alts?

I can tell. You don’t know what you’re talking about on this subject (no offense, you just weren’t there to play it).

lol, you fool. I played alpha/beta for 6 months and bought the game a last week so guess what I know what I am talking about.

did you even bother to read what I said - go back and read I am not going to cut and paste the entire conversation because you have the lazies. And they aren’t going to let you do one rep and give you gear on every character.

That is like me raiding heroic and expecting to get gear for all my alts because my main raided.

Good for you… Here’s a cookie. :cookie:

No, clearly don’t know what you’re talking about.

No I haven’t read all your posts, nor do I care to do so. Your points are inconsequential since you’re not playing the expansion (OH! But you played BETA!).

What else does your magic crystal ball have to say?

Apples to oranges. This is so players can raid on alts. Wait! Did you bother to look at what I posted?! See how that works?

I’d like account-wide reputation only because there are some you can’t grind anymore. My DK has a couple of those like Shen’dralar that I gladly would go re-farm on other characters because I’m a completionist, but it’s literally impossible to these days.

I can see why you wanted everything handed to you.

It would be cool, but it also wouldn’t make sense. It’s a MMO roleplaying game. And so, when you play, you aren’t your account, but your character.

And so, each character is different, even if it really sucks to do the same boring grinds over and over again.

What could be done though is maybe give you a reputation boost to your account if you reached exalted with a faction. This way it would make more sense, because they’d have a higher opinion of you, because they like a member of your family (account).