Who's for Account Wide Reputation?

I’m all for it. After all, who wants to grind a reputation twice unless it’s something like Aldor/Scryers or Frenzyheart/Oracles?

But what about reps like Bloodsail and the 4 Steamwheedle Cartel factions? If someone wanted to go for Bloodsail Admiral, would they have to worry about getting slaughtered if they were leveling an alt and entered one of those four goblin towns?

2 Likes

I would love account-wide reputation. I play many alts and don’t have as much time to play them as I did years ago. (I’m spending way too much time on systems to keep my main up these days.) I have ground out the same rep to exalted on several toons in the past though, so I’m willing to do it if I feel I need to. The way I see it my alt #3 may not have spent a ton of time grinding out a faction, but I as a player have and I want that to be useful for my alts.

I played another MMO where factions were account-wide and I liked being able to contribute to it on whichever toon I was playing at the time. There were daily/weekly caps on how much you could earn and that was fine with me. It made playing alts feel more productive, which seems to be something Blizz is paying more attention to lately.

There would be some exceptions to it like competing factions (ie. Aldor/Scryer). I’d prefer that if a faction quartermaster is willing to sell their items to a toon, I can buy anything on them at the max rep level I’ve earned for that faction on my Battle.net account. Failing that I like the change that was made for Ven’ari later in 9.0, where purchasable items unlocked based on your account’s highest rep with her. If nothing else I also liked the tokens in MoP that could be purchased to speed up rep gain once you hit Revered on a faction.

Actually slippery slope as a logical argument is fallacious. Allowance is made for cases where an extremely high probability of cause an effect can be demonstrated. Doesn’t seem like solid ground to be making any sort of claim from but then logical consistency is important to me.

It sure would change my attitude towards rep, 90% of the reason I hate it is that I don’t stick to one character and end up usually grinding like 2 exalted but actually end up with 4 honored which is garbage for the same input.

It is (well, I guess used to be) an MMO. A key aspect of that is investment in your character. If you don’t like that there are lots of games where you just start at max power level every time you load the game, or you progress to max power during the course of a match.

P.S. they are doing a ton of alt-friendly features in 9.1.5. It’s going to be ridiculously easy (well easier) to level an alt.

(and I’m not trying to hear people make excuses on Blizzard’s behalf)

So, anything that contradicts your opinion? Sheesh.

disagree - we see it all the time on this forum - give an inch and people want to take a mile (if you like that better)

Yea I don’t really see a reason why most reputations can’t just be account wide - especially in SL where a lot of our power comes from rep grinds. having account wide reps for things like ve’nari and archivists would be so bloody nice.

Add the counter measures as you suggested to stop people stacking it on multiple accounts, and done and dusted great addition!

2 Likes

What are you trying to accomplish? Is it so you can just earn Tier 6 of that stupid research rep and be able to upgrade all your other toons to tier 6?

Or is there some other reason you are passionate about this?

If it is all about Tier 6, the solution is very simple, and one blizzard should implement for this and for M+ KSM and that is make an account wide achievement attached to it.

I think account wide rep would be cool. I always thought of my characters on my account as relatives of some sort. So just one big family.

While I did enjoy hunting down and getting the token buffs, I loved the tabards.

1 Like

The Tier 6 solution is to have the Archivist give out dailies like the other folks in Korthia

If it brings more players back, yes. I used to be a firm no, but at this point, just open the floodgates!

I don’t. It’s still just as fallible and half-baked no matter how you word it.

maybe you just don’t understand what the word fallible means

I play a lot of alts so yes I would like it.

No reason for a no really.

Or you have no clue how logic works. Much more likely scenario since fallible is a pretty simple word for anyone to understand above the fifth grade education level

yet you don’t see to understand it

Mmmk so i might disagree with some of what Dexterworgen says but they clearly at least have an understanding of what they’re talking about. You on the other hand are evidently clueless and I’d rather just not continue to waste my time with you thanks

lol - well I guess that makes two of us because I don’t think you know what you are talking about at all

I don’t know what “tier 6” is…im a casual player. Are you referring to upgrading gear to tier 6? If so what does that have to do with rep??

Anyhow…

Someone mentioned it already… make reputation recipes, schematics bind on account instead.

Is it really a big deal if it was high level gear (which is why some oppose it here)?

I mean…isn’t that already a feature in Diablo?? Putting gear/items in a chest your new characters can retrieve?