Who's for Account Wide Reputation?

lol… you’re making it out like it’s actually a big deal when it really isn’t.

There have been some good arguments for why it shouldn’t be a thing, you haven’t made any logical reasoning as to why except… “oh, it’s a slippery slope” “It doesn’t give the feeling of a fresh start”

I’m not asking for “freebies” or “handouts”… if someone has already taken the time to grind the necessary reputation, why should they be punished to do it all over again?

When making a new alt, the last thing I’m thinking of is reputation grinds. I’m making an alt for the experience of leveling it, new professions to level, new perspective while in a dungeon… etc.

me since vanilla.

I’m all about account wide rep.
They should bring back the rep tabards too.

2 Likes

Wrong. It always is. You can never assume such. By definition if you have “evidence of it happening” you are past the conjecture stage. At that point all you have evidence of is two things happening. You STILL cannot at that point make forward looking conclusions based on those things having happened.

1 Like

Did you like rep tabards more or MoP double rep?

Wrong, if you only bothered to look up fallacies and what makes them fallacies instead of parroting people on the internet. You would find that there is cases in which it is not a fallacy. That is when there is evidence of it happening.

Part of why the fallacy fallacy was even made a thing.

1 Like

We can still play alts for that purpose and there’s ways to still give us the ability to still independently earn rep across each character.

Whenever someone brings up fallacies in a thread it only turns into an argument of whether or not something is a fallacy :rofl:

1 Like

That is because there is too many people that think they know more then they do, so they attempt to invalidate others by calling everything they do a fallacy without even knowing what they are talking about. It’s just a buzzword.

ever notice there are more threads lately on the same old topics - they are a perfect example of slippery slope. Blizzard ‘gave in’ supposedly on a bunch of stuff so people figure with new people at helm now it their chance to get stuff like this.

Old reps, sure. Only Legion and older.
I wouldnt mind being able to grab a crafting recipe without having to grind to exalted for it.

I didn’t play much MoP but I do remember going through all of my characters with the tabards even if just to get the rep achievements.

I sort of see the game designers’ point about reputation being an RPG element that’s unique to a character’s experience.

However, I’m in favor of making items from reputation vendors be “account-bound”.

Meaning:
Once we’ve unlocked a faction on one character, we can buy items from that faction’s quartermaster, and send the items to our alts. Gear or whatever.

“Requires Revered rep with X faction to wear” would be removed from quartermaster items, or changed to “Requires a character on your account with Revered rep with X faction”.

In this fashion, the RPG element of a character’s unique experience with a faction could be preserved, while allowing the benefits of having unlocked a faction applied more broadly, to a player’s alts.

4 Likes

Once you get to Revered with a faction all your characters on the account get twice as much rep with that faction. So you don’t just become insta exalted on all alts but it makes gaining rep with that faction faster.

2 Likes

i could live with that but account wide rep nope - that wouldn’t work

1 Like

Honestly that was a fairly good system. Personally would of done it a different way though. I would of created family trees which you could choose to connect characters to. Anyone tied to the family could have access to the family house which would have various items you earned such as that token held by your butler. Achievements would come with housing items. Although maybe this method would be bad as you could only attach characters on an account to your family which may mess up some peoples roleplay. But it would be a way to give housing a reason to exist, and give alts a couple more ways to catchup without being given instant gratification.

Bingo. This is the middle-ground that’s pretty simple and elegant.

that isn’t a middle ground - that is the same as account wide rep. people only want account wide rep for the rewards

I like how being in agreement with someone is “parroting” in your mind. Looks like you’re just full of…illogical assumptions

you know they are actually right in what they are saying - slippery slope isn’t always a fallacy.