Who would you like to see from the PvP community get on the Council

I think that’s what they’re trying to do with this “council.” There’s going to be a new forum so it’s a fresh start. Probably heavily moderated for trolling as well.

If we can only have one, I’d rather have an expert random BGer than an expert rated BGer. Many more people play random bgs and it’ll benefit the game greatly if the random bg experience is improved.

However, we don’t have to limit our choice to only one person, because the council is supposed to have ~100 players so Blizzard will hopefully choose multiple people for feedback on different aspects of PvP.

Here are my nominations:

4 Likes

Well, the only people who will be able to post in that forum will be the players on the council and Blizzard employees.

I doubt there will be trolling unless someone wants to be removed from the council.

1 Like

Yeah certain posters (I won’t mention names) are simply posting to generate emotional responses and as stated, never really offer anything of value. (Outside of trying to feel “gud” themselves lol)

1 Like

No, it is not similar to ignored. You’re one of those people who think PvP is black and white, rated or unrated. It is not. People who do rated also played unrated :man_facepalming:

It is a position to take if you know that people who quit at the first sign of confusion will not be sticking around anyway.

Council members aren’t going to be blue. Blue is reserved for Blizzard employees, not forum posters.

:man_facepalming:

You’re blaming the customer. Not the product. The goal is growth. Not a puritanical “gitgud”

5 Likes

It has nothing to do with gitgud. Your example of being confused on whether to go hangar or docks in IoC is 100% a player concern, not a game/Blizzard concern. If someone quits because they’re unsure of the best strategy to win a BG that is their own issue. PvP is progression of knowledge and capability, these things comes with time, learning, and application of what has been learned. Blizzard will not, nor should they, put some HUD with floating arrows and dot lines guiding you where to go and what to do in PvP.

Also, I did ask you what suggestion you have for Blizzard as far as “solving” the example you provided. You have so far chosen not to answer that. While it is not your jerb to tell Blizzard how to fix things, you should offer suggestions or ideas for your complaints. Just saying “i dont like this” or “this confuses me” does not help anyone or anything.
So something like suggesting that Blizzard implement new PvP section to the in-game journal that currently only includes raids and dungeons. This guide could give brief explanation of the objectives of each battleground as well as a labeled map showing node names and such.
Beyond something like this, I don’t believe there is anything that Blizzard can do as far as helping a player decide which node to assault first in IoC. IoC has numerous win conditions and is something that you learn and improve on by actually playing.

Let me rephrase this so you can understand it. I don’t care who posted, it If one of blizzards employees wants to, they could take it and say they came up with the idea. As long as they listen to the feedback.

How do you even know what rules they’re Council is going to have. I know what you’re going to say, use common sense, but that’s also making assumptions, which is never good. I couldn’t care less if they let you post them blue, red or orange as long as they listen to the feedback.

Yes, but that’s not the issue. The issue is there’s no way for the player to make that assessment since there’s nothing in-game that shows them what that node does. The only option is to ask/trust teammates or find out over 1000 games. Something I think I’d like more if Blizzard produced open-source data from wins, e.g. Taking hanger results in a win 60% of the time where as docs wins 40% of the time.

They’re not going to do that because it would expose HUGE balance disparities. So by not acknowledging it, they don’t need to balance it.

I write about this stuff so much it’s hard to know where I’ve said this before, but yes, a guide is 100% necessary IF you want players to try your game mode out. They really should put together a play-through model for Epic BGs. Or a Tutorial.

I think that’s a good enough solution for what exists in the Epic BG map options. The normal BGs are generally self-explanatory.

As for maps going forward, we need far less complexity and a lot more objectives that require strategy. Eye of the Storm is probably the best in-game version of this. Flags, and towers, provide points. And overly focusing on one will screw you.

I want that same concept with a bit more balancing (towers are currently better than flags in EotS) and third way to get points.

Whether they listen to the feedback from this council concept remains to be seen. Blizzards track record for listening is near non-existent. Especially considering that they’ve already done a council idea before and the people in it hated it.

They gave insight into how and what is happening with the council. Members are not becoming forum moderators to freely post on the forums. This is all happening in a separate and new forum area visible to the public, as well as a private area only for council members.

The way to make the assessment is to play the game. Why do people need everything handed to you on a silver platter? Play the game and learn it like everyone else has for the past 17 years. And that comment isn’t some boomer version of ‘well I struggled and so should you’ mentality, it is pointing out that the only way to actually learn and get better is playing.
This still doesn’t even answer the question of what can Blizzard do about this? Nothing. They can’t say “hey new player, go this particular node if you want to win!” There is more than one win condition in IoC. Play the game and discover what works for you, like games are meant to be played.

No it isn’t. Where have you been for the past 17 years? We haven’t had an in game guide telling us what to do. We queued up and played the game.
I am not against a new PvP section added to the in-game journal, it may be a good idea, but acting like it is needed in order to play is demonstrably wrong.

I do not understand this statement.
Can you offer an example of a current map which is too complex and/or has no strategy?

Explaining the rules of the game is asking to be handed things on a platter? With respect, that’s an edgelord thing to say and has nothing to do with PVP. Asking for the rules isn’t entitlement. It’s just how games go. This isn’t Calvin Ball.

Again, explaining the rules, not being expected to figure them out through trial and error was only something expected of you in early MMOs. Which didn’t have PVP.

You probably don’t get it because you’re willfully misreading it. All maps have A strategy to some degree, but it doesn’t really matter because if you know the optimal path to victory (i.e. the rules) then it’s all tactics.

AV is a perfect example of this. Tons of stuff to do, but it’s all ignored because you just hit the two points of necessity and march on the boss.

In a BG map - an ideal one - you would be able to say (Using an EotS example here) we’re getting crushed at the flag. Pivot to towers. And that strategy would have to be dealt with by the enemy because it (tower control) would be a viable path to victory.

I nominate myself. I Give out free candy.

1 Like

Campaign promises. Now this is where things get interesting.

Why does hks matter? Most of the people on here count down que on horde and farm out easy wins.

The people on the council should do Wpvp, rated and casual bgs.

Rated is casual.

1 Like

I imagine at 1550 it is.

It can be casual at any rating. Whether you’re casual or hardcore is not about the type of content you do. It’s the mindset you have.

Out of 100 people that they picked, I think three to five should represent the casual BG player and I think they should be heard, not just sit in a corner and say I was there. If 50% is made up by streamers, you know council Is a joke to start off with.

Ugh, wish I could day drink too.

2 Likes

Can’t imagine why the PVP community is ignored.