Who would you like to see from the PvP community get on the Council

i dont disagree with that, in fact i addressed it with my comment about tolerances. if im playing unrated, i can play with meme builds and even inebriated. but if im playing rated i need to use proper builds, play the meta, and up my game. when i say that skill is not related to rating, what i mean is that rating is not a perfect score of everyone since it fails to take everyone’s individual motivations into account.

that doesn’t mean i dont play rated, im just not motivated to climb and push rating.

they aren’t, but not all players at an individual level are the same, not are the automatically ranked according to skill. an R1 3s player on a yolo RBG team doesn’t suddenly make that team an R1 team.

you generally aren’t running roleplay meme builds in 2400 mmr matches. if you are in unrated sure you can goof off, but thats also why its so fun.

how would you know? of all the pvp forum posters, you are one of the few i don’t think i have ever seen in game. Inemia#11520

you seemed to have a vested interest in making sure that whoever gets invited is an appropriate representative.

1 Like

I think the folks at skill-capped are great candidates. They’re super knowledgeable about the game, they make great class guides/content all while doing their best to keep up with the currents metas/class changes. Super honest and kind people that just want to help pvpers out and make it a better learning experience.

2 Likes

we need some bg heroes on it plus some arena guys - both average 1500-1600 and high rated

high rated arena guys are often super out of touch about gearing issues because they literally never deal with it and they are also bad opinions on balancing lower tier play because they are so accustomed to cooldown trades

6 Likes

This is funny… I mean, if having good ideas about PvP in this game is largely contingent on the ability to do well in arena, what does this imply about the people who design the game I wonder.

3 Likes

The casual pvp player base is larger than the hardcore rated. It wouldn’t make sense for blizzard to ignore a large section of the playerbase just because they don’t participate in rated content. The devs should be able to combine the feedback from the casual and hardcore playerbase to make the game better, and if they can’t then they should not be in a position to make decisions for the game.

5 Likes

That stuff should be taught by other players. We don’t need in-game guides to hold our hands and explain everything. I don’t know why gamers are so averse to exploration or learn-as-you-go these days. That said, we do already have tons of youtube videos covering every BG map in the game. There is no lack of available and informative information.

You try both nodes. Eventually you’ll find a pattern you like and start doing that strat in your games.
If someone quits because the game isn’t 100% obvious to them in their first run then they weren’t going to stick around anyway, because there’s far more complexity that they’d encounter beyond just “docks or hangar”.
That said, I am not sure how Blizzard would change or enhance IoC in the context of your post. What can they do to change how a new player feels about the map? Teams are still going to argue over where to go, what to do, and so on. That’s not a Blizzard problem as far as new players are concerned, it’s a standard learning phase of PvP.

You can play meme builds in rated too. Don’t have to play the meta. The meta doesn’t matter until you’re in the top brackets and even then it is still flexible. If you don’t have any network or groups to play with then not playing meta may hold you back from LFG invites, that part would be true.

I am not sure exactly what you mean. Are you goofing around instead of trying to win?
Teams at 2400 goof around too. We can see that plenty on their streams. They’re rarely playing meme builds at that level, true. But they’re still laughing and cracking jokes.
I do like that we are able to meme and goof around in unrated without any pressure, sure. But there’s no lack of fun times in rated too.

True, I don’t know. I am making an assumption that you have not met the majority of the PvP community :man_shrugging:

Any interest I, or others, may have is irrelevant. It isn’t up to us. None of us have a say in this. Blizzard is selecting their own candidates. I am just here debating.

PvP IS cooldown trades. Cooldown trades and strategy are how BGs work. Strategy dictates where you go and how you plan your assault/defense; cooldown trades dictates how you press your buttons during the fights. You’re essentially saying that high-rated players have bad opinions because they’re really good at PvP. This game should not be dumbed down or catered to people who haven’t figured out how to properly trade cooldowns.

It says that they’re trash. This is no secret. The whole PvP community knows that the way PvP has been handled by Blizzard has been poor for a long time now.

Casual? Hardcore? There is no difference as far as the player goes. Rated and unrated can both be played and enjoyed by casual players. People need to stop using the term “casual” as some kind of scapegoat for being too lazy, unmotivated, and/or scared of playing rated. And no, I am not talking about you in particular with that statement.

Nobody said anything about ignoring anybody.

I have a serious issue with nominating a player that bypasses the 5 man group limit to farm pugs in 40m’s as a spokesperson for PvP.

2 Likes

why not both?

i can go to dataforazeroth and check out the NA community, and for the first few pages i know more names than i don’t. doesn’t mean im friends with everyone. the more pvp you play, the smaller the pvp world seems to get.

also, there is nothing stopping you from joining me in a game :wink:

I don’t have a geared toon on horde. I have one orc rogue as a fresh 60 with last seasons leveling gear.
Added anyway.

1 Like

The purpose of the community council is to allow a more direct path for the devs to recieve feedback from players. By not having a council member from the casual pvp player base(or whatever you want to call them), issues that they have with the game won’t be seen as easily. Which is similar to being ignored.

It doesn’t matter what you want to call “random bg only players”, they still make up a large portion of the pvp player base and should have a council member to articulate their problems with the game.

3 Likes

You guys are still responding to the troll? :joy:

Speaking of him, he doesn’t even play epic BGs, which a decent amount of casual/unrated players do enjoy playing.

Taking a quick peek at his armory he looks like just a typical RBG hero, he has no arena games played this season despite all the talking he’s doing about “rated” PvP :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

He has a whopping 99k lifetime HKs, which is kinda low for someone that claims to play lots of BGs… most “casual” players that actually play BGs/epic BGs have more than that, a few are even pushing 1 million HKs.

I’m surprised he’s not banned yet tbh, he basically just trolls this board 24/7 and never really contributes any guides, feedback, helpful advice, etc.

1 Like

I think that the best way to form an “effective” or functioning council would be to have a diverse set of people; people of different ratings and varying popularities and opinions.

Besides the person you already stated, I think maybe possibly it could be perhaps good to have people like Stoopz and Dilly(qt). It’d be best to not have more than 1 “popular” streamer and more than one or two very consistently high rated players. I’d also argue that they should somehow include players that are in lower ratings, 1400 even.

Not sure how they’d find the lower rated players, probably by making a way to apply to the council - since anyone applying to the council probably cares about the council in some way

edit: I’m also not sure how large or small the council is meant to be xd

Honestly, this is not going to change anything. The “council” is just a showpiece for the easily deceived.

“We may have ignored all the feedback posted on our own forum website, but this council will be a direct line of communication between the playerbase and the developers. Now we are actually listening and will respond accordingly to issues presented.”

Don’t they state the same thing every new expansion? We learned from our mistakes and will listen to the feedback this time around :rofl:. Even IF they do listen to feedback - it is only implemented or changed next expansion. Basically, any feedback is a time capsule to be opened when they are “designing” the next expansion. With the caveat of receiving a Blizzard twist™, which renders the change counter-productive.

For example; “bringing back vendors and WoD gearing”, only with a large power gap + lack of tier sets + gear ranks + rating/renown upgrade requirements :face_vomiting:

Inemia all the way for any kind of council. They’re very well known both in-game and on the forums and has a good way of voicing her opinion without sounding elitist or entitled.

1 Like

You post on a low level Classic alt…

No, as someone else in this thread already stated, it should be people with more versatility and experience. You can’t have someone who just does epics. And this is coming from someone who does mostly epics.

As for being well known on the forums…that doesn’t mean much. There’s only maybe five or six of us that use it regularly. Most pvp’ers don’t come anywhere near this place.

Right but this is only a position you can take if you don’t care if people stick with PVP.

i mainly do epics, but i dont just do epics.

They do more than just epics. They have achieved rated experience in the last 4 seasons of WoW in Rated Battlegrounds.

Sorry I didn’t respond to this earlier, I’m just going back through now and re reading most of the post.

You’ve been around for most of my polls, most of my polls were just for fun and some I really wanted to take off and do good. Like the bringing back the PvP vendor poll, It took a while to get going, but when it did, it went big and then Stoopz came in and took it to a whole other level.

Just imagine if I have Blizzards back when I made that poll they let me post as one of the blues it would hit here and on mmo-champion and then throughout all social media for WoW. I’m not saying use a poll for a final decision, but it could give you a starting point of what your fan base is thinking. Blizzard could and should do a deeper dive into this subject.

For the most part this is the true statement, and it’s a shame Blizzard don’t pay more attention to their own web page. Blizzard forums should be the number one place to discuss anything related to wow.